47 replies to this topic

#1 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Hi Guys this is my first post on here since i had my treatments in the Manchester clinic.

I am 55 years old and had the old plug hair transplant procedure back in the late 80s. ( big mistake but hey young and foolish back then and no internet lol )

Had been looking into smp with his for quite a while mainly to camouflage my scar area!

Anyway here are some pics of my before my 1st session in Manchester.

Will upload photo's of my first session results shortly.

Attached Thumbnails

• A.PNG
  • C  UNSHAVED.JPG
  • D SHAVED.JPG
  • E.PNG
  • F.JPG
  • G SHAVED.JPG

#2 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

Ok don't know if i'm correct in replying to my post or start a new post?

Anyway here are my photo's taken on the day i got home from my first session in Manchester mid September!

Got to admit my emotions were / are all over the place ie will it eventually fade to nothing?! the usual concerns i have read on this forum.

But i decided not to have any real expectations after the first session just get it done and see  what happens?

So here's the photo's i took when i got home.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.PNG
  • 2.PNG
  • 3.PNG
  • 4.PNG
  • 5.PNG
  • 6.PNG

#3 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

And here's the photo's i took 5 days after my 1st Session.

I realise it's not natural light but has faded quite a bit!

But as i said didn't have to much expectation after just the 1st session!

Attached Thumbnails

• A.PNG
  • B.PNG
  • C.JPG
  • D.PNG
  • F.PNG

#4 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:41 PM

So here are my photo's taken same day after my 2nd Session in Manchester.

My practitioner said i should stay with the same colour ( i think it was a shade 26 )

I asked him to lower the hairline a bit and reduce the receding at the temples.

I really wanted to go a shade darker but i trusted his experience and stayed with the shade from my previous session which he suggested.

Was pleased with it but when i got home i did notice some white bits of scar could of maybe been done more? But will mention this as i will be going for a 3rd session.

So here's the photie's.

What do you think guys?

Attached Thumbnails

• A.PNG
  • B.PNG
  • C.PNG
  • BACK OF HEAD.PNG

#5 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

And here's the photie's i took fresh today! 1 / 10 / 17  exactly 5 days after my 2nd Session.

Really pleased but also really worried about it fading a lot?!

My scar at the back of my head needs to settle down more and obviously will probably fade more so just so anxious to see how that appears?

Although i am going to have to go for a 3rd session.

Just really worried about my Scar being reasonably camouflaged? and also the plug scars on the top of my head!

Hope the quality of the photo's are ok?

Would love some feedback ?

Attached Thumbnails

• A.jpg
  • B.jpg
  • C.jpg
  • D.jpg
  • E.jpg
  • F.jpg

#6 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

Scars are a journey Redman, as I am sure you will know if you have read other testimonies on the threads here. Yours looks to be progressing well (those punch scars on the back of your head can be especially challenging but will all take pigment eventually and you will achieve a good level of camouflage).

Please keep us posted.

#7 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for that Admin i hope so.

Still worried about enough density overall over top and back of head as top plug scars seem to be still quite noticeable and i'm sure it's going to fade more?!

But will update over the coming days and weeks.

#8 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

The treatment will fade, and the fading on the scar tissue cannot be easily predicted. The third session will be a big difference in terms of the whole treatment... the scar tissue can only be studied for reaction and treated accordingly. Look forward to hearing from you. All the best.

#9 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:34 PM

Yeah i'm hoping to see a big improvement after my 3rd session?

Having read comments on this forum i was hoping the second session would of been more of a wow factor but maybe that was me expecting too much too soon?!

Starting to cross my mind i might be spending a lot of money for not much improvement?!

But will have the cost of a 3rd Treatment before i suppose i can have a more fair judgement?

Having read a lot of comments regarding other peoples concerns fading/ density etc etc after treatment i suppose i'm going through the same thing now?

#10 2hanger

2hanger

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

Looks really well Redman.. I work in Manchester and have been looking into this too. Are you happy with the treatment. Upload some more please when your done in natural light of you don't mind. Thank You!
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#11 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:57 AM

2Hanger i will take some more photo's later and post them here later today.

• 2hanger likes this

#12 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:51 PM

Here's some pics i took today as best i could in natural outdoor light.

This is 7 days after my second treatment!

Will upload more pics that i took inside shortly.

Attached Thumbnails

• 7.JPG
  • 5.JPG
  • 6.JPG
  • 3.JPG
  • 2.JPG
  • 1.JPG
  • IMG_1502.JPG
  • IMG_1503.JPG
  • IMG_1504.JPG

#13 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

So here's some more pics i just took indoors.

These are 7 days after my 2nd session. Just going to see how it goes from here?

Any feedback would be welcome guys :)

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.PNG
  • 2.PNG
  • 3.PNG
  • 4.PNG
  • 5.PNG
  • 6.JPG

• HIS - Ed likes this

#14 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

After seven days after my 2nd session was hoping my scars at back and top of my head would of been less noticeable and thought i would of had much more density all over?

( will definitely have to go for a 3rd session )

But as i say having read various comments on this thread this is a gradual process i suppose and my thoughts and concerns are all over the place just now!!

Looks ok under some light conditions but not under other light conditions which i know is going to happen anyway?!

Doesn't help with me being a perfectionist and little patience!! lol

Hoping to get some feedback from others on here who have had the treatment done also and get their thoughts too?

#15 2hanger

2hanger

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

Looking good Redman. Thanks for all the pics. Yes I reckon you could do with another session, not too much though you want it to look natural.
Are you made up with it. When you go for your 3rd then?
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#16 2hanger

2hanger

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

If you don't mind me asking who did your work? How long have you had the scars? There covering nicely though now.
Looks miles better than the before pics.
Have you told anyone your having it done? Has anyone noticed yet? Ie at work?

#17 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

As 2Hanger says, you need another session. I would add that those scars are almost inevitably going to require more. That is sometimes the case for modern clean scars that consist of little more than a thin white line... without wishing to offend you Redman those are scars from the tough end of the spectrum and many clinics would have taken one look before shying away from taking them on. You are in the best of hands, the journey is unpredictable but you will get to the very best possible outcome. There needs to be some reality though, scar coverage can only ever by a high percentage of camouflage, they will never disappear. For you this means maybe approaching 90% camouflaged at the end of your journey. But that will still be a major transformation.

I really hope this clarifies... its important your expectations are realistic. Looking forward to seeing the results of the third session.

#18 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

As 2Hanger says, you need another session. I would add that those scars are almost inevitably going to require more. That is sometimes the case for modern clean scars that consist of little more than a thin white line... without wishing to offend you Redman those are scars from the tough end of the spectrum and many clinics would have taken one look before shying away from taking them on. You are in the best of hands, the journey is unpredictable but you will get to the very best possible outcome. There needs to be some reality though, scar coverage can only ever by a high percentage of camouflage, they will never disappear. For you this means maybe approaching 90% camouflaged at the end of your journey. But that will still be a major transformation.

I really hope this clarifies... its important your expectations are realistic. Looking forward to seeing the results of the third session.

Yes i understand about the scars and i'm not expecting them to be completely unnoticeable  that would be unrealistic! but yeah if i achieve about 90 % camouflage i would be happy with that outcome.

Just think i maybe need to go darker though overall as regards the shade? Last thing i want is to be able to hardly notice a hairline or look as if i'm still balding after spending all this money?!

But as i've said i will wait till my 3rd session and to see how much i fade in the next 2 or 3 weeks? 

#19 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

If you don't mind me asking who did your work? How long have you had the scars? There covering nicely though now.
Looks miles better than the before pics.
Have you told anyone your having it done? Has anyone noticed yet? Ie at work?

Hi 2Hanger thanks for your comments much appreciated.

I had my 2 sessions done in Manchester ( not sure if i'm allowed to say who the practitioner was? ) But his initial is D :) 

I've had the scars for over 20 years i got the old hair transplant plug surgery done in the late 1980s.

I've only told my Mum i've had it done and she said it looks fine. I'm lucky as i'm self employed and work from home so i haven't been out anywhere really. 

About 30 mins ago i was talking to my sister in the house and she never said anything or seemed to notice! :) 

I've been shaving my head fully for about the last 2 or 3 years!

To be honest i'm not bothered if i did tell everyone because i suffered for all those years with a very noticeable hair transplant so if i can get a good finish result with smp it will be worth it!

Hope that helps? 

#20 Redman

Redman

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

Just to clarify His Ed .. when you say i am inevitably going to require more ( as regards my scars ) i did have an online consultation and sent in my photos of my scars and was quoted 2 sessions maybe 3 ( 3rd session not included in my initial finance cost)  which seems the norm for just about everyone? .. so if i'm not happy after my 3rd session will the Guarantee then kick in? or am i going to have to fork out more money down the line?! ... the potential ongoing costs has me worried!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users