8 replies to this topic

#1 rl1991

rl1991

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:08 AM

Hi guys.
I'm 26 now and trying to cover up my thining hair is getting to much now. Tried running propecia daily for 2 years but tempes are still receding and getting thinner on top by the month. So looking to take some steps a to boost my self confidence again !!!

Been doing a tonne of research into getting FUE transplant but cost is a big factor. Still
Young got lots to do before can throw that kind of cash away so looking at SMP.

My questions if you can help at all:

Anyone got SMP to make their hair seem thicker ?

Seen it's around £1-2k for treatment. Also seeing guys returning for 3-4 sessions. This included in your first quote? Massice thing that puts me or is me paying to fix something that wasn't right or not what I wanted.

Blending ? See lots of complains with blending and a few guys with dots literally on their head. Is this something that des happen or. Depends on individual and aftercare ?

Anyone suspected your is fake or unnatural in anyway ?

Attached an image of what I'd probably go for.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5255.PNG

• Nguyen likes this

#2 rl1991

rl1991

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:09 AM

Sorry for spelling and grammar. Posted from mobile

#3 Nguyen

Nguyen

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:06 AM

your original quote is what you pay even if you need an extra session  (at least it is in the US) then you're under guarantee for a year.

I paid $4000 but I had minimal hair remaining. I've never been called out, just a few asking why I dont grow my hair lol

Then again 99% of a good treatment is down to having a good technician and mine was excellent.

• HIS - Ed likes this

#4 bobobaldy

bobobaldy

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Locationglasgow

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:16 AM

Standard quote was about £3k including tax, I think that was for 3 sessions with possible 4th if required. Not sure the Glasgow clinic is still in existence so Manchester/Birmingham trips to factor in to equation.

#5 rl1991

rl1991

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

£3K !!!! I'm hoping this was for your whole head from nothing to a nice buzz cut appearance ?
  • bobobaldy likes this

#6 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

All the quotes are about the same. HIS claims billing isn't identical but most people get quoted 2-3 sessions at $1700 for first 2 and $800 for last. You need multiple sessions to solve the blending issues. Most people who complain about blending haven't gone through all the sessions.

Do you really want to shop the bargain bin for a head tattoo? Think about the same if you ever do the fue. You get what you pay for. Most people on this board seem disappointed in the fue anyway.

#7 rl1991

rl1991

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

I wouldn't go cheap just for the sake of getting it done. I would want it done right. Just sceptical off the cost. I know it's not like a regular tattoo but $800 for a 2 hour session. With repeated appointments to get it fixed doesn't fill me with confidence.

Especially since I'm reading a lot of forums about a 4-5th session.

#8 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

If they quote you 2-3 and you need 5, you still only pay for 3. You pay based on your quote with as many sessions after that needed in the first year being free.
  • DaveC likes this

#9 bobobaldy

bobobaldy

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Locationglasgow

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

You might be cheaper if you are a low norwood. If you are completely new to this then there are some things to consider
1. You will probably not get a nice buzz cut effect. Most to for a shaved head that looks like it had hair, rather than, say, a number buzz. The SMP replicates follicles not hair.
2. It isn't an instant fix, with multiple sessions being the norm, and healing time after where you are avoiding sweating ( no exercise) but probably wearing a hat .
3. The "guarantee" uses to be for unlimited sessions in the first year, but the reigned that in when people were going back every month to get it tweeked. I think it now oy covers fading issues.
4. It isn't cheap. They are competing in an expensive industry and pitch their prices accordingly.

£3K !!!! I'm hoping this was for your whole head from nothing to a nice buzz cut appearance ?

• HIS - Ed likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users