Sign in to follow this  
checkingthisout

Changes to HIS and their Staff

Not to sound alarmist but we all have read about the emails with HIS. I just tried to get the NYC office and heard that tech left the company. When I tried contacting the main number I got the "UK switchboard" who would get NYC to call me back. There never was an NYC switchboard, I always talked to the same British lady on the phone.

What's going on?

There most definitely is a US based contact number, which may well have had a British lady manning it at some point. If calls are currently routing to the UK it will only be due to staff holidays. As for a tech leaving the NY clinic, I have not heard that. It happens though, people leave. But there are always plenty of experienced techs at other HIS clinics eager to move to the big apple.

There most definitely is a US based contact number, which may well have had a British lady manning it at some point. If calls are currently routing to the UK it will only be due to staff holidays. As for a tech leaving the NY clinic, I have not heard that. It happens though, people leave. But there are always plenty of experienced techs at other HIS clinics eager to move to the big apple.

I'm planing to do SMP and would love to have an more accurate answer on this. When can we expect the NYC clinic to re-open? 

I too checked called and it went directly to a UK switchboard.  She couldn't / wouldn't answer any questions about HIS NYC being open or closed.  Been looking at HIS for a long time and finally ready to begin making some moves, but now I'm not having such a good feeling about this.

I had a call with head office yesterday to get updated on what is going on in NYC. It turns out that renting a clinic the size of a football field in Manhattan might be something of a challenge. The lease expired and a new location is being sought. HIS commitment to NYC, and all the clients that have been treated there, is total. There is absolutely no question of closing operations in the flagship US location. That is not the same as having a seamless transition and clearly there have been some logistical issues which are still being worked through... the request from head office is to bear with us while they work hard to get systems back to normal. They'll get there and updates will be posted.

Seems like poor planning to not have this set up ahead of time and to know keep employees updated on the situation until weeks later.

It's also hardly a football field. It's the size of any doctors office. I would agree they don't need to be bigger than a barber shop though.