Photo

What is the number to Miami Florida clinic?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ToJo

ToJo

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:09 AM

I want to set up a consultation.

A couple questions.

1. I see a lot of amazing results in the pictures but looking on line I also see a lot of patchy results where it doesn't appear consistent all over. I feel like you get one shot at this or you have to live in an even worse hell, if that's possible. How can I have peace that it will be consistent and blend well?

2. I have had a strip transplant. The scar goes ear to ear. The donor area is thin and when it's short you can see the shadow of the scar. Almost like it's slightly darker then the rest of my skin or maybe it's slightly indented and gives a shadow that highlights the scar. When my hair is longer it shows how thin the donor area is. Can I use SMP to fill in the donor area and still buzz my hair to a 3 guard or would it look stupid have dots mixed with a short buzz cut?

3. I don't live near Miami but I can work from there for a few weeks. If I went and on day one had the procedure, then went back on day 6 for round two and then went home after two weeks would I give it enough time to heal and look good?

Thanks.
ToJo

#2 ToJo

ToJo

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:17 AM

Also, does it help if I already had a transplant? I wouldn't want to put much smp on the crown much. But where the transplant does the smp appear better with natural hair around it or not?

Can we also do like a natural balding looking? Thin in the crown area. Maybe a soft hairline?

#3 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

You can do anything you want. Whether it will work, that is best left to the tech to say. Best bet is to call the main number on the website and schedule a virtual consult. If you were calling the Miami office, you'd be waiting around for the tech to call you back. NYC didn't have a secretary, so I doubt Miami does.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#4 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

A schedule can be worked out for you... best bet is to write to usa@hishairclinic.com or call the toll free number for the US office.  An initial consultation could be arranged via a skype call to get the ball rolling.

all the best

#5 ToJo

ToJo

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:45 AM

Thanks, I'll set up a call

What perecentage of people would you say are completely happy with the results??

#6 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

I can only speak for HIS clients, and only based on the evidence of those that have come on here over the years. An SMP treatment is a journey, with each session laying the ground for the following session. So unless the technician has a rush of blood you should never find yourself in a place where they have "gone too far".. probably the most common problem you see elsewhere on the web. It might mean that an additional session is required at the end to achieve the perfection both sides are after, maybe two.

There are instances of temporarily upset/angry clients coming on here to express their sincere disatisfaction. Invariably they have only had their first or second sessions and the fading (completely expected as part of the process) has freaked them into believing they are somehow unsuitable for SMP and it has been a disaster. In every case there are follow up contributions confirming the wizardry of their clinic and their delight at the final outcome. 

Fortunately, you do not have to take my word for any of this. It is all a matter of record on these boards.

• GAS likes this

#7 ToJo

ToJo

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

I had a HT about 15 years ago. The scar iwas ear to ear and thick until a few years ago. I had a revision and now it's very thin and hidden well. Now I'm getting brace and shaving it down to a 3 guard but I thinks it's slightly indented. What I notice is it will create a shadow in certain light angles. This isn't good because my thin donor area is thin now.

Do people use SMP as a filler and would it look strange if I did the SMP and then only shaved my hair to a 3 guard?

It just seems the scar has a very thin white appearance on the middle but the edges are slightly pinkish and it makes it noticeable.

The period of anger last how long? Because from what I've seen people can do round 1 and round two all within a 5 or 6 day period. If the dots shrink down in 5 days they can only feel bad about the SMP for 10 days, correct?

Thanks

#8 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:25 AM

I would recommend you send in some pictures to info@hishairclinic.com and get some feedback. Do come back and let us know how you get on. All the best.

#9 Genetics

Genetics

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

SMP isn't 3d. So unless there is hair covering it, you wouldn't be able to get away with a number 3 on the clippers, that is ridiculously long for smp.

I have to shave with a blade each day, 12 hours of growth from shaving looks dodgy.

#10 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:01 AM

SMP is used as a filler, particularly for women who suffer from diffuse thinning rather than hairline recession. For men it is appropriate in certain cases, maybe where someone has suffered some recession which has then stopped - there are no hard and fast rules so having receded at the temples and lost a little at the crown there may be no further advance for years.

SMP is also used to just treat the HT scar, if this has become more visible as your hair has thinned then that might be an option for you which does not involve shaving your hair down and getting full SMP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users