8 replies to this topic

#1 Bald One

Bald One

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:31 PM

I'm considering getting SMP.

I have a strip scar and it is the main reason I have delayed getting SMP.

Looking for someone in the Chicago area who has had SMP to camouflage a strip scar.

Want to see how it looks.

It will help me make a final decision.

#2 Bald One

Bald One

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

It looks like no one is going to respond.

Is there a way to see all the photos of scar camouflage that have been posted on the forum?

#3 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:54 AM

Most people seem to get satisfaction from the procedure then stop posting. I was posting multiple times a day, now I barely look. That's probably why no response, it's nothing personal.

You don't need to see it in person. We all know the doubts you're feeling. Here's probably what you'll find. With smp, the scar will blend in, but will always be there. You'll see it by using multiple mirrors. No one else will because they don't know it's there and are within a few inches searching for it.

Go get a consult in person so they can give you a better idea on coverage. Your scar may require prior work if it is bumpy. They can tell you that.

Good luck!

(Sorry no scar on my head to show).
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#4 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

Maybe you should consider just getting the scar treated to begin with.

#5 Bald One

Bald One

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

checkingthisout - sounds right. People eventually move on and stop posting.

Ed - I thought about just getting the strip scar treated but I have also had a FUE procedure done. So I'm thinking that if I decide to move forward I should get the entire head done.

• HIS - Ed and checkingthisout like this

#6 James3

James3

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

Hey, I'm also from Chicago and have been thinking about getting SMP done for a long time. I have the same situation with the strip scar. I haven't been able to meet anyone here in Chicago either but would really like too see someone with SMP done. I'm sure it will look amazing but like I've read in some posts is that we are our worse critic since we know the scar is there.

#7 threepointer78

threepointer78

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:39 PM

I'm in Chicago but I didn't have a strip scar, just normal MPB. If interested, let me know. I live near Wrigley in the city. 

• HIS - Ed likes this

#8 James3

James3

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

I'm in Chicago but I didn't have a strip scar, just normal MPB. If interested, let me know. I live near Wrigley in the city.

Just sent u a message.

#9 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

checkingthisout - sounds right. People eventually move on and stop posting.

Ed - I though. t about just getting the strip scar treated but I have also had a FUE procedure done. So I'm thinking that if I decide to move forward I should get the entire head done.

You are probably the only person who can answer that question, but you can get really good advice in a consultation and base your decision on that. I really wanted just to point out that it was an option. If you went for the full head they would be treated at the same time but separately, and may follow a different treatment path... some of the more challenging keloid scars can take several sessions to settle nicely. Your technician will give you an indication of the outcome you can expect based on your scar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users