Sign in to follow this  
checkingthisout

5 days Post Session 2 with Andy NYC

Finished sessions 1-2 of a quoted 2-3 session package. Session one used 30 shade and lasted around the full 3 hour session and session 2 used 28 shade and lasted about 2 hours. I had pretty dispersed thinning so I suspect that's why session 2 didn't need the full amount of time.

It's been 5 days post second treatment and the SMP seems to match the sides very well. Overall I'm happy with the job and I can vouch for Andy in NYC. I don't think I really need to vouch for him but since no one really has mentioned him I figured I would.

As far as during treatment, I noticed redness took the same amount of time to wear off, and found session 2 was slightly more painful but that might be due to only being 5 days after session 1.

For coverage I don't think I need any additional sessions as I said the top completely seems to match the sides at this point. That's the goal of SMP after all.

However, I see myself going back for one more if what I want can be achieved. I really liked the darker shade that appears to exist after the treatment. I know that's not the goal, but it sort of gives the impression of a fade. For all I know it looks like shit to others, but I liked it. Maybe even a happy medium could be achieved between that and what I have now. Again this is all personal preference, I have what is the desired effect right now. Obviously it could still fade more, but right now it does match. I would probably reach out to Andy in a month to get his thoughts. The funniest thing is that I've told others who wanted to go darker that they shouldn't and now I want to go and do the same haha.

I'm not planning to post pictures because I don't really care what anyone else thinks, but instead am just offering my experience. Do with it what you wish. If you have questions feel free to ask and I'll answer.

Still very pleased 1 month later. Upon further reflection, I am happy with current shade and wouldn't want it too much darker. Certainly not like right after treatment. I think I will end up going back for the 3rd to compensate for any fading and further density. I'm glad they don't let you do session 3 so close or I would have made a big mistake asking for much darker.