#1 Three Crowns

Three Crowns

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Location...

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

Hello!

I'm 25 days after my 3:d session and are planning to get a 4:th. Overall i'm all over the moon and back happy with the outcome. The only thing i'm conserned about is that i think it still looks a bit red on the back of the scalp and back to the horseshoe compared with the top and down to the hairline wich is really great and "grey".

My practioner says it's because the skin is more thick on the back and that gives it more shine and thats why it looks reddish in strong lights compared to the front.

He also said thats why you don't often see pictures of SMP from the back when you look at Instagram or search on Google.

I was thinking adding more density on the back would do the trick in a 4:th session.

Any comments from you guys?

#2 JumpingJack

JumpingJack

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

Do you have any pictures to show us exactly what you mean ?

#3 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

I've never heard of that before. Maybe it's a birthmark and your practicioner is just an idiot?

#4 Three Crowns

Three Crowns

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Location...

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

First picture is under direct sunlight.

Second picture is directly after the first but when the sun went under the clouds.

You can clearly see a difference in redness.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_8655.JPG
  • DSC_8657.JPG

#5 Three Crowns

Three Crowns

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Location...

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:41 AM

This on is in natural daylight from outside the window.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_9052.JPG

#6 Rekke

Rekke

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

I have the same problem

#7 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:16 PM

Did you have the issue with redness after the first two sessions too? At three weeks from the session the redness should have gone down, but there are no rules. I suspect that what your practitioner said was that the thicker skin at the sides recovers quicker than the very thin skin at the crown... while everyone is different there are some broad truths and this is definitely one. If it was very sensitive in that area when you were being treated it might have been a warning that recovery time could be prolonged. If would be good to see a series of pictures taken over the last 3 weeks to see how things have progressed.

#8 Three Crowns

Three Crowns

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Location...

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

Ed,

Beside the "first day heavy reddness" after each session my scalp has never gone back completley from the reddness when looking at it in strong lights. My practioner said it will be this way because of the shine. I will try the Thomas Roth Anti shine and see if that makes any difference.

What about more density on the crown?

I have alot of pictures from the last 3 weeks. I'll upload a few later.

:-)

#9 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

I would always defer to your experience over the pictures. There are a few good threads on here discussing anti-shine, put shine into the search box and you will find them. Interested to hear if that makes a difference, but it does sound as though you have had a sensitivity issue that means it will take longer than normal to fully heal, redness is a sign that blood is still being pumped to the area to aid that healing. Which would mean it is just a question of time.  That really is just my personal opinion though.

#10 dasher

dasher

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Locationbirmingham

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

Looks very similar in shade and density to mine. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#11 SMP4me

SMP4me

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:59 PM

Hey 3c,

might want to look at simple treatments for skin redness, try googling " natural remedies to reduce skin redness",

theres green tea, cucumber, arnica,

or hydrocortisone cream , try  small patch (poundland, one quid)

best of luck mate, keep us posted

#12 Three Crowns

Three Crowns

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Location...

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:55 PM

Thanks guys!

I found this text on HIS homepage and i guess thats what my practioner meant.

"One common misconception is the reflectivity of the shaved scalp. Even in men or women who have a very dense Norwood I level of hair growing from the scalp, if they shave their head with a razor blade down to the skin, they will appear bald at certain angles in harsh lighting that is directly overhead. This is a consequence of their scalp skin reflecting light away, and is also very dependent upon the type of matte lotion that is worn. While SMP can offer an incredibly positive change to most clients, it is also important to begin treatments with a realistic expectation of what is possible."
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#13 Three Crowns

Three Crowns

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Location...

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:56 PM

Got my Thomas Roth Anti shine today, I'll snap a few pictures tomorrow to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users