23 replies to this topic

#1 smp123

smp123

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

I've had a 3rd treatment done roughly a month ago and I was not thrilled with the results as it was patchy and the blending was very bad . I have been trying to get into contact with HIS HAIR support and for about a week and a half I still have heard nothing more then just book another session. I had to fly out and it was supposed to be a much better result at this point. His hair maybe replies to 1 out of every 4 emails sent and they usually only reply to emails about booking another session. They said weeks ago that the directors will look at the situation and get back to me and I've still heard nothing. I've emailed the director several days ago and I still had no reply. Starting to doubt his hair cares about any customers once you've done your three sessions. I got such poor contact from them that I contacted another company to get an opinion. Instantly I was given personal cell of a practioner and he was able to explain what happened and what the best way to fix it is . I wasn't even a customer there and got better treatment !! I want to procede with HIS and a skilled practioner and it's frustrating how non3le of the directors seem to care . Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

#2 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

Making us sit through it is just irritating the rest of us. Make your appointment and go in.

#3 Bigjule1111

Bigjule1111

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPhilly/s jersey

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

So sorry about ure negative experience.. its pretty unacceptable that youre being treated that way ..I on the other hand got the opposite.. im working with them on getting repairs done on my scar and actually got good service ... hopefully u can get them to fullfill and accomodate ure needs ... what clinic did u go to if i may ask? Did u call them instead of via email? Calling worked for me
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#4 JurgenKloppSaviour

JurgenKloppSaviour

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:00 AM

I'm hearing a lot of negative feedback about the Toronto office, assuming SMP123 is using that clinic considering his location is Canada.  HIS - what's going on??? I'm getting nervous about touchups I'll need in the future and I have some fading happening after a year.  I had great service and treatment and don't want issues with big dots, lack of blending if I go in.  Please reassure us and advise on what the plan is for the Toronto location please.  There were issues prior to my Brit friend taking over the location.  Seems we're back to technician service issues.  

Feedback please HIS?

• Cutlass18 likes this

#5 bastien

bastien

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

I fully agree with the above message!

#6 TedK

TedK

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:24 AM

Two sessions in Sept 2016 with the British guy before he left TO for good, result was impressive, I'm happy and very satisfied. I didn't go for the 3rd session because I had doubts with the local kid being very new, even though I already paid +/- $400 for that 3rd session. After hearing alarming feedbacks, I conluded I made the right decision. I am considering flying to NY for my 3rd, unless I see convincing work by the new kid. I'll be contacting HIS very soon.
  • Cutlass18 and JurgenKloppSaviour like this

#7 isittheshoes

isittheshoes

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:12 PM

I've been in long consideration for this procedure but the lack of positive reviews from the new practicioner from Toronto is unsettling. 

Even worse that no one from HIS seems to be responding to any of the above msgs. 

unfortunate, was really hoping to get it done locally.

In such a big market, (3rd largest city in Canada and US), you'd think that HIS would bring down one of their best to build upon their practice here!!

• Cutlass18 and JurgenKloppSaviour like this

#8 JurgenKloppSaviour

JurgenKloppSaviour

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

"isittheshoes" - I agree, it's weird that nobody is responding to the above comments from HIS. I would hate to have to go to a competitor for a touch up in the future but hoping the Toronto office issues are resolved way before that time.

#9 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

Based on what seems to be going on, I think each office might be moving to a franchise model. So maybe that guy "owns" the Toronto market? Just drive down to NYC and enjoy the city for a week. If it eases your mind it's worth it.

http://www.hishaircl...om/franchising/

#10 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:39 PM

I think the Chicago clinic might be easier though

Lil bit less chaotic than downtown New York City;S

Think Id fly to the L.A. clinic to "XXXX"

He's the man!

Or to our good ol U.K. boy that left T.O.

Im glad I didnt make an appointment for a super minor touch-up in about 3 or 4 lil areas on my head

Couldve turned something simple into an annoying headache

Sad to hear the Toronto clinic is having issues again;S

Im gonna wait this one out I think

I think theyre having a hard time finding someone thats got the artistic touch thats needed for this type of crazy detailed work

Its funny how tattooing the smallest of dots can be so hard

To achieve perfect tiniest possible dots...and to do them randomly...so they dont look perfectly spaced from one another...to get that natural look...

and then all the shades to deal with...does take someone with some artistic skill

It can be taught...but much easier when someone is already artistic

• JurgenKloppSaviour likes this

#11 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:06 PM

I've been in long consideration for this procedure but the lack of positive reviews from the new practicioner from Toronto is unsettling. 

Even worse that no one from HIS seems to be responding to any of the above msgs. 

unfortunate, was really hoping to get it done locally.

In such a big market, (3rd largest city in Canada and US), you'd think that HIS would bring down one of their best to build upon their practice here!!

They did bring down the best few yrs ago...to help with the work load...while they were having technician issues

I had the best for my 4th session

Simply amazing...true artist

But whoever they bring in...these guys have their own lives in other countries and cities...and cant stay

The last Toronto guy moved here from the U.K. for 2 yrs!

That was much appreciated!

And was VERY lucky to have had him finish my treatment off..2 last sessions

But even him...he had some bad reviews

I think even the best in this company has some bad reviews

So its so hard to please everyone

Even when people post pics of "mistakes" or "issues"...some of us wonder what are they even talking about??

We all say..."It looks fine...just let it settle for a month or two...dont panic"

Are there not ANY good reviews from this new Toronto tech??....none??....not even a small handful??

Please post some pics if anyone got work done and likes it...

Very interested to sort this out some

• JurgenKloppSaviour likes this

#12 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

And I think it might be summer vacation time for the management or owners perhaps??

Maybe thats why no replies yet??

Theyre always pretty good with trying to fix peoples problems though

I dont think any other SMP company would be as good as HIS

And the other company that smp123 is talking with...Id be VERY careful, ha

Make sure you do ur research on youtube and see videos of people that have had nightmares happen to their heads

Cause theres no other SMP company worth anything in Toronto??...at least I havent heard of one

Be careful, thats all Im saying

• HIS - Ed likes this

#13 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

It is summertime and vacations are on everyone's mind, but to the best of my knowledge the owners have not had one yet. The simple reason they have not posted replies is that they never appear on here, there is only me.

There were a couple of upset clients going through Toronto, but plenty more going through perfectly happy without report.  Anyone stressing between sessions or with a genuine concern invariably ends up on here. So I would suggest that some perspective is called for. I have exchanged emails with some of you regarding the concerns raised here... right now I believe there is a plan to recruit some clients willing to document their Toronto treatment for all of us - to provide assurance that the quality there is as good as anywhere.

#14 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:10 PM

Can they post their pics on this exact topic...

So we dont have to try and find the new topic made for this issue...

And why are my posts being "EDited".. Ed

Pun intended, ha

Didnt I have more stuff in my last comment??

This is like the 5th time my comments have been edited/erased

Are we not men here...that can speak freely??

NO names were named..NO companies were named

This micro-managing on this forum is getting annoying

Either have a forum where people can speak freely...or dont have one at all

And we just make youtube videos of our own..with our own experiences...good or bad

Whats the deal?...

#15 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:07 PM

@ Cutlass - I very very rarely touch a post... it was because you referred to competition from memory (I removed something like 6 words I think and did not change the meaning of your post one iota). You have personally benefited from my relaxed approach to moderating here and have pushed at the margins in the past. There are not many rules, be nice to each other, support with constructive criticism when necessary, and do not mention the competition. You have broken all of those and remain a member, then complain about micro managing. Please keep some perspective.

I would also make the point that the majority of HIS practitioners never get mentioned on here, some of the most experienced included. It definitely has something to do with their personality, and I am not talking about their professionalism or skill. Just those interpersonal, soft skills that allow them to develop a rapport with a client and encourage them to promote their work on here. It is undoubtedly why we see the same names again and again and others not at all. Remember when the business was wary of allowing individuals to be named, this was always given as a prime reason.

#16 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:47 PM

Didnt mention the competition by name...ever

More like 6 lines from my last post...not 6 words

But if you say 6 words...what were these 6 unusable words??...just so I know, ha

5 other messages in other topics I recall were "EDited"...but didnt say anything then...was hoping it wouldnt be micro-managed in future posts...but yet again is

Ive never been rude to others..unless they were rude first

Am I not allowed to defend myself??

Yet one user on here that keeps hanging on my nut$...is still a member on here...why isnt he deleted?...ha

I do nothing but defend this company AND technicians...from ignorant people that comment over and over again...yet they havent even gone through the process of SMP

AND even defend after having mistakes done on myself where laser was needed (thank God for laser!)

Cause I know that nobody can be perfect 100% of the time...no matter how good they are

I havent broken any rules on here??

I got plenty perspective

Just let us speak like men

We re not girls on here...are we??

#17 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:56 AM

from ignorant people that comment over and over again...yet they havent even gone through the process of SMP

Just let us speak like men
We re not girls on here...are we??

Point one sounds like me so I'm bored enough to take the bait. Session 1 down, session 2 Tuesday. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the process and I know nothing more after undergoing it.

Just to be irritating, to point 2, I'd reply: Sexist much? That really would just be to irritate though. Haha

#18 TedK

TedK

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:47 AM

I believe there is a plan to recruit some clients willing to document their Toronto treatment for all of us

I'll be waiting.

#19 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:30 PM

I think we ll be waiting for a whiiiiiiiiile;S

#20 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

To: checkingthisout

Im talking bout a certain "member" on here...if you can even call him a member

He doesnt have any sessions under his belt...not even a simple consultation, ha

Yet he thinks he knows everything about SMP

So wasnt talking bout you...if thats what you thought

The regulars on here know who Im talking bout

He's made comments on here like...."HIS should have a lifetime warranty cause Gotham Steel frying pans do"

BAHA!

Thats what we re dealing with on here sometimes, ha

Pure genius

Actually there is quite a lot of so-called science in SMP

Its a tricky art form

You cant go too deep into the skin...into the more watery layers of skin...or else the ink pools

You think you want it nice and deep..like a regular tat...so it sticks

But not with this

You only want tiny tiny dots...bigger dots dont look like hairs

Building a grey base at first is key

And then darker density

And all the shades you use so they stick..not just fade away

And the blending technique...not too much blending...so it doesnt add to ur existing hair!

And then ALL the aftercare precautions in between sessions...so $hit dont fade more than it usually does

And then if you get a mistake done...the lasering and healing...and then re-tattooing

And also not getting a super sharp hairline...should be broken up here and there...thats the best look

Get one shade lighter all the way around ur hairline maybe so its kinda faded/blurred...not dark and razor sharp

It did seem simple to me as well...in the beginning...but now fully understand it to be a quite involved process for it to turn out right

Lots to think about and consider...IFFF youre picky

If youre not...just get whatever they give you, right

To each their own

And if Im gonna talk $hit about you...Ill address or quote you trust me...cause Im not a girl;)

And the word "sexist" isnt even in my vocabulary, ha

• dasher likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users