Sign in to follow this  
jnr123

Not 100% happy, what to do next?

I had SMP 11 months ago and I prefer this look than the bald look so on the whole I'm ok with it.

However, I'm not 100% and I feel that it can be improved. Note, this isn't a moan/complaint at the practitioner, indeed I won't post their details.

I've posted three images and the issue I see is that the SMP doesn't blend with my natural hair because it is too dark. I appreciate these are extreme close ups and I don't think it's so noticeable generally. It's clearest on the first image, the second image shows a better blend after 24 hours or so albeit from the other side, which isn't as noticeable and the third image I've shown a line where I've shaved between the top and side to show the contract between close shave and 24-36 hours growth.

I've been told to go on the sunbed to try and fade the SMP; I'm not really sure this is the answer. Other practitioners have suggested more density is added but the issue I foresee is that to add more density, it's only going to go darker and darker will increase the contrast between the SMP and natural hair. Another issue is that the best contrast is between 24-48 hours and this length is difficult to achieve. I use an electric foil shaver which gives a really close shave but can't get close enough with standard clippers.

What does everyone think? Has anyone got a similar experience?

No it wasn't at HIS and was three sessions. I'm unsure about going back to the practitioner because, generally speaking, they don't agree that it's not right. What makes me nervous is the fact that, if they think this is good enough as it is, then they obviously won't be able to meet my expectations. At worst, I'd expect the blend to be better than it is.

It's a real shame because I'm happy on the whole aside from I also think the hairline could be softer. However, this presents another potential problem because I fear I won't achieve a softer look if I have to go denser/darker over the rest to blend it better with my natural hair at the sides.

I really value any input and to hear of similar experiences and hopefully stories of positive corrections!!

It's a shame. That's almost a good treatment but it looks like they've gone too dark and giving you a dark line in the blend area. That needs Lasering in my honest opinion. And then add more density on top. But go see hishair, have a consultation and get pro help.

To be honest, it doesn't look very good at least from the pictures shown.  Too dark and not enough density IMO.  Maybe try rubbing alcohol to fade it? But that method might take a few months.

Here we go, I've uploaded again from my phone so excuse me if they aren't positioned properly. Not sure what happened to the other pictures. Thank you for taking time to respond, appreciate feedback.

post-310464-0-01572600-1495489947_thumb.jpg

post-310464-0-45107500-1495490029_thumb.jpg

post-310464-0-26565700-1495490094_thumb.jpg

Cheap fix would be to foil shave in the evening, giving your hair a chance to grow for the next day, repeating every two days, ergo you would be in your good blending zone from twelve to forty eight hours most of the time or as has been mentioned in earlier posts have it blended down into your sides which appears not to have been a consideration as it does abruptly stop.

I've been experimenting and the only downside is that the good blending zone is 24/36 - 72 hours. The issue then becomes that you see the hair growing through!! Agree some more blending might be an option but I think I'll need laser to lighten it. Bottom line is that this was a solution to not have to worry about it, shave daily and get on with my life...its turned out to be more of a challenge to maintain a look I'm happy with.

Is anyone else in a similar position or have similar experience? There's another post up recently where it looks like a similar issue has been recitified nicely so there is hope although at what cost!?