13 replies to this topic

#1 Bigjule1111

Bigjule1111

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationPhilly/s jersey

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

Hello gents .. well I took my hair down with a Aldis trimmer today .. it's the lowest I've taken my hair since I've started my procedure.. did my 3rd session last week ... I've been keeping my hair down with 0 guard using my wahl clippers.. so issue I have is that my scar looks to b a bit too dense .. doesn't match the rest of my head so it looks more profound ... I've read that the best camouflage is to were ure hair real low especially when there's a scar involved .. so just curious on getting sum feedback of the guys outhere who suffer with these nasty transplant scars .. sad because I'm really digging my smp but hate the scar being so noticeable. I can keep wearing the 0 guard look but it's borderline on the length I can go. I'll try to post up a few pics ..thanks

#2 Bigjule1111

Bigjule1111

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

You guys think that when I got my sessions done I wore my hair with a 0 guard clipper and the practitioners adjusted my smp according to that length? And now as I went lower it looks darker ?

#3 Bigjule1111

Bigjule1111

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:35 PM

This is with the aldis trimmer

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20170521-151517.png

#4 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

I can't answer your question authoritatively, but I certainly wouldn't make any assessment one week after your third session. I wonder if the effect might be temporary, due to the scars' rate of pigment absorption, and treated different intentionally by the practitioner?
>> Simulated hairline.

#5 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

Worth your while taking a hi res picture and sending it in to the clinic. You may benefit from an extra session.. I can't see your scar well enough in this picture to judge its condition very well but raised/bumpy/red/keloid are all challenges and the outcome achievable during any one session unpredictable. It is, I think personally, always a shock when you take the hair down to expose scars for the first time since the surgery... so maybe the combination of a little more treatment and a little more time will do the trick. 

All the best.

#6 Bigjule1111

Bigjule1111

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:40 PM

Ok cool I'll take a better pic tonight and post ...def hate this scar shame cause really digging the smp ... oh well .. what's done is done

#7 Bigjule1111

Bigjule1111

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

Here's a few pics. U can see the blotchyness.. this was like this on the 1st session but on the 2nd session the practitioner blendit in..looked better but now the blending around the scar has subsided but the main dots in the scar hasn't.. very blotchy dots and large which give a profound line... what u guys think?

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20170523-100552.png
  • Screenshot_20170523-100603.png
  • 20170523_100414.jpg

#8 Bigjule1111

Bigjule1111

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:21 PM

Looks like a cluster of dots just placed all on top each other instead of finely small dots to give the illusion of hair.. that's what I gather

#9 Haleyed

Haleyed

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

Still needs more time to settle. Plus another session just on the scar for blending and you'll be fine.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#10 Bigjule1111

Bigjule1111

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

Just called the his headquarters and made an appointment to go in next week for a free touch up ... they were very ptofeesional and accomodating... hopefully it can get blended in correctly.. my issue is that the dots started so dark and dense instead of light as to prevent the dark line effect .. so im guessing they have to add a bunch of density on the back of my head to hide the scar and the black line effect? That's the only solution I see
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#11 Bigjule1111

Bigjule1111

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:01 AM

The more i read about smp and scars the more i believe that blending is not going to solve anything.. my dots are to big and to dark... looks like the best solution is to laser the scar and start all over .. remember this, this is my 3rd seesion and its been dark since the 1st session .. what u guys think? I have a 4th session coming up next week but am i just wasting my time blending. im starting to believe its not the solution here. Also a lil surprised how common this issue is..

#12 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:40 AM

Your anxiety is understandable. But I would remind you that your pictures were studied by two of the most experienced pairs of eyes in the world of SMP, and they both said blending is the solution. You will have the chance to talk it through with the practitioner before he starts the treatment. And you don't have to wait till the day of the treatment to have the conversation. Give them a call and share your thoughts... I know you have already spoken but let them know you still have doubts and they will give you the reassurance you need. The prediction is a 30 minute session to sort you out.

#13 Bigjule1111

Bigjule1111

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

Thanks .. im going to keep optimistic and head back to ny on sat and see if we can resolve this...the cluster of dots and the blotchy spots do worry me a lil.. but im going to keep the faith.. shame because other than a lil more density in my crown area the smp looks great .. but as it stands rite now im still a prisoner to the hat. Thanks again and will keep u updated
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#14 Scarredup5

Scarredup5

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:38 PM

For the best effect you have to shave your head with an electric razor or wet shave. Making dots in the scar area will not blend in with the "lines" of real hair.

Also, the color of your grown out hair is a different color than how the shaved stubble appears - which would probably match the ink dots better. I suggest shaving with a foil razor or blade to see the difference. I had my scar filled in 5 months ago and shave with a braun series 5 every morning. The dots match my stubble perfectly but after 24 hrs a line is more noticeable which is a void of hair that appears shinier than the rest of my scalp after the growth. Good luck and keep us posted.

Considering scar repair to fix the big smiley face on the back of my head from two HT's. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users