#1 hairibos

hairibos

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

Hi,

have spent quite a bit on shavers/clippers but haven't nailed it

I want a buzzed, stubble look (have smp plus a little hair on top) but can't get it right ..

not wanting a super short to the bone cut

have tried 

Braun Series 7 foil shaver - cuts too short, to the bone, nearly like a wet shave with a blade i imagine

Bald eagle shaver - again fair bit too short first 40 hours - by day 2 evening looks ok

Wahl supertaper clippers - a little too long (0.8 mm - no guard - using the lever to adjust to shortest - can't get the side hair quiet short enough - it make me look bald on top

(bald patch) and smp shows up

what next?

Have heard of Wahl balding clippers (cuts 0.4mm I think) - have heard it can injure if not use with care -  wary of spending again

any help appreciated - so basically a bald eagle end of day 2 - with stubble showing is what I need

many thanks

H

#2 fab103

fab103

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:49 PM

I use the" i-STUBBLE SHAVER" from Conair for men, you can get it on Amazon, its black and waterproof.

It shaves down to 0.4mm and has a guard, it has a pivoting head that contours your head and very comfortable, no chance of cutting yourself.

I am the same as you I have SMP with some hair on top, I use this every 2 days, love it, ;leaves a bit of stubble.

• HIS - Ed likes this

#3 hairibos

hairibos

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

thanks for tip .. looks like in UK on amazon comes under Babyliss brand - same unit half cost.

• HIS - Ed likes this

#4 The equaliser

The equaliser

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

I use the i-stubble. Gets it just perfect for me on 0.4 setting. Have to do it every day but it's so easy with that. 5 mins it's done Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#5 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

Conair also makes a premium version called the Super Stubble. Here's the Amazon link to 1,200 reviews and specs for both versions:

https://www.amazon.c...B004PXIR1W?th=1
  • HIS - Ed likes this
>> Simulated hairline.

#6 SHVD

SHVD

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

I've mentioned this before on another thread but if you own a set of Wahl clippers then you can take a Phillips screwdriver to the blade guard and adjust them so that they run flush and parallel to each other this then gives the equivalent to about thirty six hours of growth, maybe save you a purchase... recycle recycle recycle!!!
  • HIS - Ed likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users