Treatment in Hong Kong

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DuhBoys

DuhBoys

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

Hey Guys! I wanted to stop by and tell you all about my MHT experience.

I just happened upon this site about 2 months ago when I was searching for ways to camouflage hair transplant scars and became very excited. I tried to read every forum post, I watched every youtube video and all the information posted that was close to my situation. I spent hours upon hours on this site. I didn't want to create a profile because I wasn't sure I was going to go through with it and I learn more from just reading everyone comments rather than posting myself.

But, I shot HIS an email and asked about their Hong Kong Clinic. Jonathan emailed me back and advised that he was a practitioner and that he would be in HK and opening the clinic on Aug 18. I told him to book me in! My first contact with him was on Aug 12th and I was booked for 3 treatments starting Aug 19.

About 15 years ago I had several hair transplants that pretty much destroyed my head! And since I was already shaving my head and have been shaving it for the past 7 years which shows all my HT scars, I thought HIS couldn't possibly make me look any worse.

I arrived in HK and met with Jonathan. The HK clinic is very small and they share it will a massage parlor next door, but Jonathan and his assistant were very professional and SUPER sanitary! This guy went out of his way to change his gloves every time he touched something other than me or the pigment machine. Jonathan chatted with me for about 45 minutes about the treatment. He explained realistic expectations and he really harped on the "less" is more concept.

When he started, I could hardly sit in the seat. I found this VERY painful. But after reading the forums, I kinda knew what to expect, so I put in my mouthpiece that I brought with me and just dealt with the pain.

The first treatment took about 3 hours. When I looked in the mirror I was SO DISAPPOINTED! I couldn’t see ANY difference. Because I had several HTs I kinda already had a 5 o'clock shadow, so I thought I would see a drastic difference. I immediately started complaining to Jonathan. He told me to relax and remember what we talked about with the "less" is more concept.

Well, I tell you it was easy to say, but I went back to the hotel feeling so slighted. When I looked in the mirror, I had no redness, bleeding or anything...and it looked like nothing has been done. Yes, I saw some small dots of pigment, but Jonathan kept saying, "I can clearly see it". Well, my second treatment was 5 days later and when I arrived, Jonathan said the pigment has taken very nicely and I hadn’t lost ANY COLOR. So he decided to stay with the same pigment color.

So he started the second treatment. YES, just as painful as the first! It took about 3 hours to complete and this time when I looked in the mirror, I was like "HOLY CRAP!" Who is this guy?! Jonathan had added density and it completely transformed my look. He had created that overall shaved head look that I wanted and hoped for when I arrived. Again, I had no bleeding or redness what so ever. Jonathan then told me, "I'm far from finished with you, wait until you see the third treatment!"

Well, my wife arrived in HK that evening to spend the last few days there with me and make this a mini vacation. She knew I had HTs in the past and when she saw me, she said "where is he getting all the new hair"...I started laughing so hard! She really thought I had gotten another HT! And because I have a 5 o'clock shadow/stubble all over my head, she said it feels so real when she rubs my head. She looked at it so close try to figure out which was pigment and which was my hair and she couldn’t figure it out.

On my departure day from HK, which was my 10th day in country (I was so ready to go!), I had my final treatment. When I arrived at the clinic, the assistant kept looking at me. I was like what the heck is she looking at...and since her English was not so great, I asked Jonathan...man, what is the deal with your assistance, why is she looking at me like that? He said, she was trying to figure out what was pigment and what was my actually hair...again, we all laugh so hard!

Ok, the third treatment…YES it was just as painful. But somehow I was a bit more use to it. I guess could now see the light at the end of the tunnel and I knew I was looking good! My third treatment took about an hour and a half and it was basically filling in areas and putting more pigments in my HT scars.

When I got to work on this past Monday...no one noticed a thing! Everyone said, I guess you've decided to let your hair grow while you were on vacation....and everyone said, you look much better...why don’t you just keep it trimmed like that? I just said, maybe I will.

I really can't believe how much this treatment has changed my look, it's really worth every penny. I paid about $15,000USD for all my HTs and never achieved anything close to what the HT surgeon told. This treatment was less than one-third that amount and I feel like I got instant hair. I even grew my beard out a little with a 5 o'clock shadow just to take the attention off my head, because I thought everyone would have to notice I now have a full hair of hair.  Since everyone was used to seeing my head and face clean shaven, they all thought I was growing my hair out again.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience with you all. I know a lot of you read these forums for months and months before deciding to do anything. When I saw this treatment, I just devoted all my free time to reading everything on here and then I just decided to go for it. I’m so very happy I did. I know some of you guys will say; I'm not real, it's my first post...and many other things like that. But I am a real person, just like all of you and I just completed my 3 treatments in the HK office.

I will certainly answer any questions you all may have about the treatments and my overall experience. If any of you guys are on the fence about getting this done, I would suggest that you just do it. I was scared and nervous at first, but I just said what the heck and went for it...great decision! And my wife thinks so too! Good luck to all of you!

#2 cakelover

cakelover

Super Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

Good story and happy you are pleased with the results.

I didnt even know they had a clinic in hong kong, lol I love the part where they are next to a massage parlour, you can get ya head done then go and relax with a nice rub down "Aiii" ;)

No offence but please add some paragraphs to your post, it is so hard to read!!

#3 Damien

Damien

HIS Legend

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts
  • LocationHalifax, UK

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

Great post duhboys. Hope you dont mind but I split it into paragraphs for you. Makes it a bit easier to read.

Glad all went well, and thanks for your first post. Our HK clinic is quite new, so it would be great to hear from more people who had (or are having) their treatments there.

Please note: I no longer work for HIS Hair Clinic. Please direct any questions to info@hishairclinic.com.

#4 ››HiTopFade‹‹

››HiTopFade‹‹

Living my life.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

Great read. I'm glad to see that you were disappointed but the remaining treatments made the difference!

Again, great read! I'm very happy for you!

1st Treatment - October 22nd, 2012
2nd Treatment - October 27th, 2012
3rd Treatment - December 8th, 2012

Ink shades used 20, 18, 16.

COMING SOON
10/22/2015

#5 ››HiTopFade‹‹

››HiTopFade‹‹

Living my life.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

Jonathon also sounds very talented! I think Hong Kong's clinic is in *GOOD HANDS*!

:-)

1st Treatment - October 22nd, 2012
2nd Treatment - October 27th, 2012
3rd Treatment - December 8th, 2012

Ink shades used 20, 18, 16.

COMING SOON
10/22/2015

#6 jonathan

jonathan

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words, and sharing your personal experiance in Hong Kong  with us on the forum.

Please keep in-touch, the HIS team is always here for you, when ever you need us!

Cakelover & HighTopFade, thanks for your kind words too!

Now open - New HIS clinic in Hong Kong
HIS Hair Clinics
Room 404, 4th Floor, Ka Lok Building, 722a Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Kowloon
Tel: +852 90326957

#7 DuhBoys

DuhBoys

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

Jonathan, you're so welcome!

I just wanted to tell all the guys on here about my experience because if it wasn't for all of their post, I would not have had all the information I needed to make my decision to get it done. I'm glad I found this site and I'm glad I got it done.

Thanks for everything!

#8 DuhBoys

DuhBoys

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:17 PM

Damien said: Great post duhboys. Hope you dont mind but I split it into paragraphs for you. Makes it a bit easier to read. Glad all went well, and thanks for your first post. Our HK clinic is quite new, so it would be great to hear from more people who had (or are having) their treatments there.

Damien, no problem about the paragraphs. I was trying to get my thoughts together so, I typed it in MS Word and then just cut and pasted it into the site. I really wanted to share my experience because before I decided to get the treatment, I was reading everything on this site! So just returing the favor. Cheers!

#9 Stuart.china

Stuart.china

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

Duhboys, that's a great post with a lot of detail. I met Jonathan a few days ago and he is a great guy. Yes the HK office is really tiny lol. Given the astronomical rents in HK I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users