2 replies to this topic

#1 smpguy28

smpguy28

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

Hi guys,

I am a 27-year-old guy from the Helsinki area in Finland. I have started to lose my hair maybe since I was 24 years old, I was always dyeing my hair so in the beginning it was hard to spot my hair loss. When I was 25 years old my friends started to comments on my hair loss because I had started to lose a lot of hair even on the crown. At this point, it was time for me to start wet shaving my head.

I was searching the web and Scapl micro pigmentation seemed like the only good long-term option, especially for me as I don't want to wear a wig, it would feel a bit false and Hairtransplant is too risky for me. At first I didn't know is SMP would be the right option for me as my head is a little bit asymmetrical. I think it looked a bit odd when I shaved it. However, I still wanted to give it a try. Therefore, after searching the web several months and reading different forums, I came across Sam at HisHair in Gothenburgh and after sending some pictures and talking to him on the phone I booked my appointment.

I flew from Helsinki to Gothenburg and arrived the evening before the treatment. I slept at a cheap hotel near the clinic. After breakfast, I met Sam at 10 at the HisHair clinic. At first, I was a little bit nervous but while we were drinking some coffee with Sam he explained thoroughly the procedure and I got a lot calmer. I was also a bit worried because the hair I still have on my head and on the temples is quite light colored.

At first we started by defining my new hairline with a white marker. Sam asked if I was happy with it or if I wanted to change it. After studying it carefully in the mirror I thought it was a perfect replica of my old hairline so I was very pleased with it. Therefore, Sam put dots to mark where the white marker had been and after that, he continued to dot the whole head (except my temples). The procedure for me took about 3h. When we started the treatment it stung a little bit in the beginning but soon I forgot about dotting and the pain was not bad at all.

AAfter the treatment, my head was a little bit red but it calmed down quickly (1-2 days). My head was now a bit darker shade than the rest of my hair (even though it still was impossible to spot the difference). I even went to work the next day and nobody commented on it so I guess the redness was mostly gone. When the days went by the dots on my head faded a bit every day. Now, a week after the treatment the SMP has perfectly blended into my own hair making it thicker. However, you can still see a bit of my own scalp on the places I didn't have any hair on. 

Now, when I look in the mirror I look so much younger, I look my own age. And the SMP gives a nice frame to my fave. I also think that the SMP covered a bit off the odd shape of my head by giving my head or face a "frame".

Sam is really talented at SMP and also easy to get along with so I am more than happy I chose him. I really hope this helps you guys in the countries nearby or why not further away too!

Kr,

Finnish guy 

• HIS - Ed and the bald ego like this

#2 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

Nice write-up; congratulations! How many total sessions do you plan to have?
>> Simulated hairline.

#3 smpguy28

smpguy28

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:21 AM

Thank you, it feels good to have went through with this. I'm planning on 3 sessions but of course also willing to do a fourth if needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users