Photo

Few questions before I go thru with this??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BALD EAGLE

BALD EAGLE

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

I'm planning to do a consultation shortly and just have a few questions.

I have enough hair on the sides but top is light.  Just trying to see what I should expect price wise?

This is the one that's hardest for me but 4 years I got alopecia on the back of my head.  about a round 1.5x1.5 circle and it has stayed there since.  I always wear hats to cover it up and just wondering if the area of alopecia vs the area of non alopcia will match.  What if the hair comes back will it look much darker in that 1.5x1.5 square?

Do I have to come back 3 or 4 times after the first session?

Now do i have to shave my head every few days like I do now?  Or you guys just use cutters on shortest setting?

I just want this to come out right and look good.  I'm already down since i started balding over 10 years ago (now im 38) and just want to look good after this is done.

Thanks for the support guys

Tony

#2 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:24 PM

The practioner would be best person to ask about price. From my experience, everyone is quoted pretty much the same. You never hear them quote less than 2-3 and mostly everyone seems to get the same price. I'd expect 4200, 1700 session 1, 1700 session 2, 800 sesson 3. All USD

#3 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:31 PM

HI Tony.

You definitely need to speak to a clinic... if they are just treating the area affected by the alopecia then the costs would be nothing like that much.

#4 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:38 PM

I assumed it was thin in addition to the spot. But definitely do the consult for actual quote. The paper has the sessions and cost of each. Just make sure they have your email otherwise you end up calling to get the quote emailed.

#5 sbtd

sbtd

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

Yep, I think he wants to get the top of his head done as well.  I don't think it really matters how much hair you have left.  That just effects how long each session is, not how many you will need.  If you are extremely lucky then you can be done in 2 sessions.  But expect 3 to 4.  The prices checkingthisout listed should be roughly what you should expect.  Its hard to tell how long you will be able to keep your hair without pictures.  I personally wouldn't claim smp is undetectable but it definitely looks better then balding or thinning.

#6 PassiveAggressive

PassiveAggressive

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

Just to piggyback on this thread's intended purpose...

After the first procedure is completed, can you wear a hat? Say to work the following day. Or do you need to keep it uncovered?

#7 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

After the first procedure is completed, can you wear a hat? Say to work the following day. Or do you need to keep it uncovered?

As long as it's a loose-fitting breathable hat/cap that won't cause your head to sweat or create pressure where the work was done, it shouldn't be a problem. I'd still leave your scalp uncovered as much as possible, tho.
  • HIS - Ed likes this
>> Simulated hairline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users