9 replies to this topic

#1 JumpingJack

JumpingJack

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

Can MSP be done not just as small dots but as the illusion of very short hair? The reason i ask is that i dont completely shave my head with a razor its just very short at the back. (Its to cover the Fue dots) I havent seen any photos of slightly longer hair with SMP. Thanks guys

#2 JumpingJack

JumpingJack

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:53 PM

Does anybody have any photos of this? sorry I meant to put that in my topic

#3 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:17 AM

It's just an illusion. The longer your hair, the less illusion. It's not intended to achieve a 3D effect.

#4 JumpingJack

JumpingJack

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

I had went for an appointment at a place where i live who does SMP (not HIS) and the bloke had it done himself but he shaves his head with a razor, it just looked like a shadow on his head, wasnt impressed at all. You couldnt see like any individual hairs..or the illusion of hairs

#5 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

SMP cannot recreate the appearance of short hair, only buzz cut hair. Depending on how much hair you have SMP can definitely add the appearance of greater density and is used increasingly by HT surgeons as a complimentary treatment.

It will depend entirely on your current situation as to whether this is appropriate but if you post some pictures you will get better advice. I realise Scotland is a big place and you might have a journey to get to a HIS clinic for a properly informed assessment... but call the office and see if you can set up a skype consultation in the short term. I would still recommend you post your pictures here for the feedback you will get, might also give you some good questions to ask. 

• JumpingJack likes this

#6 JumpingJack

JumpingJack

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

I have spoken to you on the phone already Ed and exchanged a couple of emails. I sent a couple of photos by email and was planning coming down from glasgow to manchester do you remember? 

#7 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

I do remember you, I just didn't notice your name when answering the question. I took a quick look for the photo's you sent but I only found our chat about hats, they seem to have been archived, maybe you can resend?

#8 JumpingJack

JumpingJack

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

No problem Ed thanks, can you give me the email address again please and i will send a few down. The place where i got fue done want to bring me back in and just add some density here and there that will be in june i think so it would be december before I will come down to Manchester.. i was emailing one of ythe HIS staff and he said its best to wait 6 months after fue to get msp done to be on the safe side?

#9 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

You will find me at ed@hishairclinic.com - the 6 month wait is correct. HT's take a long time heal and settle.

#10 cvgproblem

cvgproblem

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

in the same boat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users