• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hagler

Hagler

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNy

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:49 AM

Had transplants done in the early 90s. I now have a shaved head. I have many round, raised scars on top of my head, which give me a cobblestone look in certain areas. I am not comfortable under certain lighting. I could care less about the scars in the back of my head - The ones on top are what I would like advice on. I have read some posts on Fraxel and laser treatments, but I would like to hear/see a success story and know which doctor was used and in what area of the country they are located. I would like advice on which procedures have worked best. I live in New York and while local would be ideal I am willing to travel. Looking forward to hearing about some success stories with advice. Thank you all for any help.

#2 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:24 AM

I would think NYC would have preeminent doctors of any kind. I doubt you'll have to travel very far. If you type it into yelp a bunch come up. Maybe try to send a DM to posters.

#3 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

I agree with Checkingthisout, if you are in New York you are not going to need to travel to get the treatments you want. The local HIS practitioners might still prove a good starting point... they may be aware of therapists that previous clients have used with success. Worth a phone call to find out I would have thought.

All the best.

#4 Hagler

Hagler

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNy

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

Called HIS and they could not recommend anyone that they knew of. I would rather go on a recommendation from someone who had successful treatments with old transplants versus calling offices blindly. I have been down that road before and have not had good experiences. I am hoping someone can recommend a few doctors to start with. Thank you again

#5 OnTheFenceAgain

OnTheFenceAgain

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

Hey Hagler

I had same story as you. Had transplants done, have cobblestone scars. Had SMP done year and a half ago pretty much hid the scars without any Fraxel or laser.

Under certain lights I still can see them a little that may be because I know they are there.
No one else has mentioned, noticed, stared, commented.
If you post some pics might be helpful.
  • HIS - Ed and the bald ego like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users