Photo

Does SMP work on fair skinned scalp with blonde/greying hair?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Waz

Waz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

Hi there

I am 50 years old,have extremely thinning hair, that is a very light brown/blonde color that is greying, also I am quite fair skinned. I have had transplants before, which have left scarring I need to disguise.

Would SMP work for me or it is only suitable to darker skinned people, with dark hair? I have been told SMP doesn't work on fair skin and my hair color.

Advice here would be appreciated

thanks

#2 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:50 AM

POPULAR

Search for a member called The Bald Ego... there are others on here who fit your description but Bald Ego has written superbly about his experience from your starting position (in terms of greying at least) - The negative feedback you have heard is just one of the problems with there being a great diversity in the quality of the clinics delivering SMP... it is certainly more challenging to get the blending right but well within the gift of any HIS trained practitioner. HIS have a very successful clinic in Sweden where, as you can imagine, the majority of clients are fair skinned.

• vinnydiesel, the bald ego and Waz like this

#3 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:17 PM

What Ed said
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#4 Waz

Waz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

Thank you Ed, much appreciated... will check it out

#5 dasher

dasher

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Locationbirmingham

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

Hi there

I am 50 years old,have extremely thinning hair, that is a very light brown/blonde color that is greying, also I am quite fair skinned. I have had transplants before, which have left scarring I need to disguise.

Would SMP work for me or it is only suitable to darker skinned people, with dark hair? I have been told SMP doesn't work on fair skin and my hair color.

Advice here would be appreciated

thanks

Yup

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#6 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

Waz, here's a new pic of me. I'll be 63 soon. I finished SMP in August. My hair is 75% gray, and my original color was blonde with fair skin. My level of baldness was extreme – a Norwood 7. I think SMP makes an even bigger impact when there are greater challenges to overcome, such as age, fair complexion, gray hair, and scars. b6da0404c94db1a323e4a7ca5b6d9630.jpg
  • HIS - Ed likes this
>> Simulated hairline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users