12 replies to this topic

#1 Dvdmcrthr

Dvdmcrthr

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

I'm tired of people assuming I'm a gangster or skinhead nazi.. Does anyone else have these feelings? Maybe if I had a more mature hairline it wouldn't be such an issue.. It is undectable though. I'll give it that.

#2 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

How many people could have asked you if you were a nazi?

#3 DasCore

DasCore

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

Let people think what they want. When you try to control what others think of you, you will needlessly suffer. Just laugh it off and say "yeah i just initiated yesterday"  its no big deal 

• HIS - Ed likes this

#4 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

I am old enough to remember when a shaved head was only worn by men of a right wing persuasion and men in uniform. But that was a very long time ago. Surprised to read people are still making that association. I don think, in general, that people do. I'd like to hear more, is this just one loudmouth at the office? Or an idiot brother in law?

• the bald ego likes this

#5 The equaliser

The equaliser

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:22 PM

POPULAR

😂😂 sorry but If this is all you have to worry about....life is good 👍 look at it this way, people will think twice before trying to rob you or mess with you 😂 💪👊 Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  • Cutlass18, JurgenKloppSaviour and vinnydiesel like this

#6 Gandalfsbanger

Gandalfsbanger

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationUnder a hat

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:05 AM

You wouldn't happen to have a Charlie Chaplin style moustache, would you?

• HIS - Ed and Cutlass18 like this

#7 Bald2Buzzed

Bald2Buzzed

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas USA

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Is this really something that has been regularly happening to you?! In 7 years of rocking SMP(living in LA 2 of those years)- I've had all of one skinhead comment (which was in Fort Lauderdale). I quelled it by telling the person that I've kept my head shaved pretty much since getting out of the Navy (which is the truth).

Usually that is the stigma/assumption when new people ask about my shaved head- that I'm current or former military. Fortunately I am so it's an easy "out" for me. All but that one time though, no one has ever assumed that I was a skinhead or gang member. Strange that you are getting that.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#8 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

I've been shaving my head for 25 years. Never got a called a Nazi, gangster, skinhead, etc. It's a non-issue.
  • HIS - Ed likes this
>> Simulated hairline.

#9 vinnydiesel

vinnydiesel

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:15 AM

I've been shaving my head for 20 years (11 years using a razor), and during my younger days I've been called baldy or a buddha.  Nowadays, at best people would mistaken me for a cop as i'm also somewhat jacked.  

I"m also surprised that someone would call you that, but then again really, why should you care? Don't let it bother you man. 

• HIS - Ed and Gandalfsbanger like this

#10 Shai

Shai

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:21 AM

I see what you mean, DavidMcArthur.

Maybe not stigmatized as a Nazi or a gangster, but definitely labelled as a flat-earther. It’s a fact that shaved heads are completely out of fashion and no longer really popular.

I noticed three things in the area where I live (Europe): people are staring at my shaved head (with SMP AND a mature hairline) more often than a couple of years ago, shaved to the bone heads became drastically fewer and even «Norwoods-7» are letting their hair grow longer.

My perception is, that it has changed from «WOW! Cool! Looks great and fits you!» to «Ugh! Looks bizarre and inappropriate! Why don’t you let your hair grow!»

Anyway, still happy to have given a frame to my face.

#11 Lt.Col Kojak Slaphead III

Lt.Col Kojak Slaphead III

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

It's been socially acceptable for years. Maybe if you wear combat boots and have a pet bulldog you might get funny comments. But these days just about everyone who isn't a purple-haired communist vegan activist is called a "Nazi" so it doesn't mean anything anymore.  

Your overall image dictates how people will perceive you anyway. Having smart facial hair and wearing fitted clothes will make your SMP look classy whereas if you dress like a chav you might give the wrong impression. 

• HIS - Ed and The equaliser like this

#12 Three Crowns

Three Crowns

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Location...

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:38 PM

I got this comment of being a Skinnhead from a couple of guys I know. I know they are saying it partly joke and partly truth. I'm quite big, (115 kg mostly muscle) so that might add a bit to it. I really don't care since i just answer that I like having it stort and that it suits me,and thats all that matter.

And wearing shirt hair is more acceptable now then in the 1990's.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#13 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted Yesterday, 10:22 PM

I guess every asian guy that gets SMP must be a Shaolin Monk too! Ha

• Gandalfsbanger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic