6 replies to this topic

#1 PassiveAggressive

PassiveAggressive

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:48 AM

Hey guys, I hope everyone is having an excellent week thus far. If y'all don't mind, I have a few inquiries regarding SMP.

I have my consultation coming up in early May (I'm a California resident), so I'm sure they will fill me in accordingly then, but I wanted feedback from the customer base.

I'm 24, and have been dealing with hair loss since I was 20 or so. Currently I have pretty decent coverage minus the forehead area, but the top is pretty damn thin and I imagine won't be around too much longer. My question is, with said thinning hair, is SMP for me at the moment? Or should I wait until it's gone? Ideally, I would do it now, but my concern is over the dotting/tattooing process. Is it blended with the remaining follicles on the top?

My second and last question is regarding going out in the sun (tanning etc). I've seen many posts about this issue(?), so excuse me for beating a dead horse. Im a big outdoors guy, so are there any limitations for tanning my face/head? For instance, pool/beach etc.

Thanks in advance for the replies my ex-bald brothers!
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#2 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:44 AM

I'd say it will be less noticeable if you do it now. I would say anyone who takes the time and effort to go for a consultation, isn't looking to be talked into it, probably just looking to be talked out of it. It seems like it's an issue for you, if it is get it done, if it isn't leave it alone.

I think the one thing people have to remember about the sun argument, it just that it might lead to fading. It won't turn blue, or disapear overnight. It will react as a regular tattoo would. If you don't take care of it, it will fade, and you will need to pay for a touch up. Don't want to touch up? Where a hat or sunscreen.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#3 JohnNYC

JohnNYC

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:00 AM

Speak to your practitioner about your concerns and desires during your consultation. I went into my treatments with more hair than many of the cases I've seen on here. He was able to do a great job blending the SMP into my existing hair.

• HIS - Ed likes this

#4 PassiveAggressive

PassiveAggressive

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:13 AM

Thanks for the replies, guys!

#5 PassiveAggressive

PassiveAggressive

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:00 PM

Hey guys, as my procedure date comes up, im left with one last question.

What length should my hair be at coming into the procedure? I normally wet shave it every other day, and was curious if I should allow for a little growth or just wet shave the night before or day of?

Thanks in advance.

#6 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

Hey guys, as my procedure date comes up, im left with one last question.
What length should my hair be at coming into the procedure?

My practitioner said to shave the night before (no technique specified). He said not to worry about it, because if he were to want it any shorter, he could always shave it himself.
  • HIS - Ed likes this
>> Simulated hairline.

#7 PassiveAggressive

PassiveAggressive

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:31 AM

Thanks for the reply, good to know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users