Photo

Should you wait until 3rd session to rock your SMP?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DasCore

DasCore

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:56 AM

Hey guys. I've been seeing thread after thread of guys complaining about how their 2nd session SMP looks, and how they received negative comments from others in public. I personally think that you should wait until your 3rd session to rock your SMP, just to be on the safe side... Sure, there are some guys are satisfied with only having 2 sessions with no problems, but they are the minority aren't they? 

This is just my opinion though.

I just got my third session done, and have yet to rock it until it settles.

I'm curious, what do you guys think? Is 2nd session enough to go out in public, or is it better to wait for at least the 3rd session?

#2 Shai

Shai

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:25 AM

During a first consultation I was told that I needed 4 sessions. To be on the safe side I took 4 weeks off from work. I did the 4 sessions and can confirm, that doing the SMP treatment during a long holiday was the best thing I could ever have done: Only a couple of days after the fourth session my scalp was presentable.

It was a bit hard to avoid invitations, social contacts etc. during the four weeks. But the fact that I did the treatment in December and it was very cold was also helpful: With a hat on it was not a problem to spend time outside.

In my case I must say: If I had to socialize after the second or even third session, I think it would have come to a bad end for me…..😱

#3 Haleyed

Haleyed

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

It varies. Mine looked nearly finished after two sessions and I was out and back to normal a few days after then. The third was just to add a bit more darkness and some blending.

#4 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

I guess it depends on how much work you can miss.

#5 SHVD

SHVD

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:52 AM

Oooh! It took me all of twenty four hours after the first session to be walking down the street in chilly winter defying the use of a hat...
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#6 vinnydiesel

vinnydiesel

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

ya it's hard to say.....also depends on how much hair u got left and whether or not u shave with a razor or not.  

Throughout the 3 sessions, I would stay away from going out the first 4 days until I could shower & shave.  Once I did that, I'm back to work and going out etc., including going to the gym.  

• HIS - Ed likes this

#7 Spinner

Spinner

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:00 AM

I was the same really , I could have gone back to work after a few days . Mine seemed to settle quickly , after I'd showered lightly and shaved I was ready to go
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#8 rd7

rd7

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

I took a couple of days off work after each session but for me I could have maybe even went back to work the next day.

My redness went down quickly and no one at work has blinked an eyelid at me since. Even though my boss told me coincidentally about SMP a week before i got it done. Even he hasn't noticed.

• HIS - Ed likes this

#9 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Mine was slow to settle after my first session (4+ days of redness), yet very quick on the final two sessions.

Except for the first session, I felt comfortable going out in public right away.
  • HIS - Ed and vinnydiesel like this
>> Simulated hairline.

#10 bobobaldy

bobobaldy

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Locationglasgow

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

By "rock it " do you simply mean be seen without a hat ? Since most people wait at least a month between 2 & 3 then hiding under a hat at work / home / socially might be a big ask. I think most accept that the look might me imperfect but still undetectable after 2nd
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#11 vinnydiesel

vinnydiesel

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:21 AM

By "rock it " do you simply mean be seen without a hat ? Since most people wait at least a month between 2 & 3 then hiding under a hat at work / home / socially might be a big ask. I think most accept that the look might me imperfect but still undetectable after 2nd

Yes that's what it means.  

#12 smg28

smg28

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

I think it depends. If it's fading you can still rock it. Cus it won't be noticeable that it is a hair tatoo. If it's uneven patches I suggest not rocking it until 3rd. Some people made comments about mine after 2nd session. But they were very close to me, it was at a get together in a home. But in my case it wasn't about fading, it was mostly because I needed more time to heal before 2nd session.

#13 noircat23

noircat23

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationBuffalo

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:51 PM

If it takes 30 days to "rock" SMP then it's game over for a lot of us.  No way I could take 30 days off from work.  

#14 Lt.Col Kojak Slaphead III

Lt.Col Kojak Slaphead III

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:56 PM

A few days after my second session I met another poster here at a local bar as he was interested in the treatment, he was very impressed. That was about 10 days after my first treatment. It looked better after the 3rd treatment but it depends on how bang on your practitioner was in session 2. Usually that session is for the bulk of the density and session 3 is for any finishing touches. 

• HIS - Ed likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users