Sign in to follow this  
InfiniteMuscle

Should you wait until 3rd session to rock your SMP?

Hey guys. I've been seeing thread after thread of guys complaining about how their 2nd session SMP looks, and how they received negative comments from others in public. I personally think that you should wait until your 3rd session to rock your SMP, just to be on the safe side... Sure, there are some guys are satisfied with only having 2 sessions with no problems, but they are the minority aren't they? 

This is just my opinion though.

I just got my third session done, and have yet to rock it until it settles.

I'm curious, what do you guys think? Is 2nd session enough to go out in public, or is it better to wait for at least the 3rd session?

During a first consultation I was told that I needed 4 sessions. To be on the safe side I took 4 weeks off from work. I did the 4 sessions and can confirm, that doing the SMP treatment during a long holiday was the best thing I could ever have done: Only a couple of days after the fourth session my scalp was presentable.

It was a bit hard to avoid invitations, social contacts etc. during the four weeks. But the fact that I did the treatment in December and it was very cold was also helpful: With a hat on it was not a problem to spend time outside.

In my case I must say: If I had to socialize after the second or even third session, I think it would have come to a bad end for me…..????

It varies. Mine looked nearly finished after two sessions and I was out and back to normal a few days after then. The third was just to add a bit more darkness and some blending.

ya it's hard to say.....also depends on how much hair u got left and whether or not u shave with a razor or not.  

Throughout the 3 sessions, I would stay away from going out the first 4 days until I could shower & shave.  Once I did that, I'm back to work and going out etc., including going to the gym.  

I took a couple of days off work after each session but for me I could have maybe even went back to work the next day.

My redness went down quickly and no one at work has blinked an eyelid at me since. Even though my boss told me coincidentally about SMP a week before i got it done. Even he hasn't noticed.

By "rock it " do you simply mean be seen without a hat ? Since most people wait at least a month between 2 & 3 then hiding under a hat at work / home / socially might be a big ask. I think most accept that the look might me imperfect but still undetectable after 2nd

Yes that's what it means.  

I think it depends. If it's fading you can still rock it. Cus it won't be noticeable that it is a hair tatoo. If it's uneven patches I suggest not rocking it until 3rd. Some people made comments about mine after 2nd session. But they were very close to me, it was at a get together in a home. But in my case it wasn't about fading, it was mostly because I needed more time to heal before 2nd session.

A few days after my second session I met another poster here at a local bar as he was interested in the treatment, he was very impressed. That was about 10 days after my first treatment. It looked better after the 3rd treatment but it depends on how bang on your practitioner was in session 2. Usually that session is for the bulk of the density and session 3 is for any finishing touches.