5 replies to this topic

#1 STL42

STL42

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:40 AM

POPULAR

I'm a 23 year old African American and hopefully this post can help some others. I started losing hair at age 20, nothing drastic at first but the shedding started to happen faster around my 22nd Birthday. I came across SMP on Facebook and after doing research decided to be proactive and booked a consultation at the Houston clinic. The provider there (I won't post his name but he's British, cool as hell, and shares the same first name as the founder) was easy to talk to, answered all questions and is just a good guy in general. I was nervous since I couldn't find much on SMP in regards to African Americans but I just had my first session and I think this will end up being one of the best decisions of my life. I realized that the hair wouldn't magically get thicker so doing SMP seemed like a great choice. Still getting used to the new look and it's nowhere near as dark is I'd like but it's hard to complain when your Tech tells you that the first session is the foundation and the second is where it all comes together. That right there is the reason I'm a fan of HIS, no pushiness and they give it to you upfront. I have the utmost confidence that when I have my second session next week it will come together quickly. I'll keep you guys up to date and thank you to HIS and my Tech for the great business practice and helping me on the journey to getting my appearance where I believe it should be in my early 20's.
  • Josh2.0, HIS - Ed, the bald ego and 2 others like this

#2 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:54 AM

Congrats! It's awesome to hear you're so excited after only one session. Looking forward to your update after session 2.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#3 STL42

STL42

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:31 PM

Congrats! It's awesome to hear you're so excited after only one session. Looking forward to your update after session 2.

Thank you, my only concern is that right now it's still really light and I don't like the contrast on my skin (medium brown complexion) but HIS is really straight forward about the process so I'm keeping my faith until my sessions are finished

#4 Haleyed

Haleyed

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

Damn, 23? I think you're one of youngest I've seen. Happy for you. You're in super safe hands with Ian in Houston, he's amazing at this.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#5 STL42

STL42

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

Damn, 23? I think you're one of youngest I've seen. Happy for you. You're in super safe hands with Ian in Houston, he's amazing at this.

I completely believe you, he's great, and I should caveat my "age 23" with the fact I was nowhere near bald, I was just having thinnage at the top and the temples nothing too drastic, but knowing that it wouldn't get any better with time I just decided to do SMP. I decided I'd rather be the proactive guy that just goes for a new look than the guy that hangs on for too long and ends up looking awkward. Thick hair with waves everywhere and a thin spot in the middle didn't sound too appealing. Lol
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#6 BlackGuyLondon

BlackGuyLondon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

Cant wait to see the update bro!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users