24 replies to this topic

#1 Mel86

Mel86

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

So i see everyone talking great about zang on here and i hope he is because im thinking deeply about doing this procedure. any ways i went to do a consultation last week and sorry to burst everyones bubble but i didnt find him very professional. true i showed up late to the appointment but he said its fine so we proceeded on with the consultation. So i show up there apologized for being late and alll he said no problem so we proceeded. he didnt explain to me the process of it all, i had to ask all the questions and if i didnt it didnt seem like he was about to explain anything. , i asked to see pictures of his work and he said he cant show them to me because of security reasons, sounded to me like some BS , i dont even know how that makes sense im not sure how he expects someone to blow 5k and potentially screw up my appearance without seeing any picture of his work . He told me to go online and i will have no problem finding plenty of pictures of his work and call the 888 number.. ok i did try very hard actually and today as im scanning through all the forums i was lucky enough to come by about 5 pictures.  he also told me i have a combover im bald , asked me " you actually go out like that" . if you all saw me you wouldnt say i have a combover nor i am bald , thining hair yes. but combover i just chuckled when he said that, first off i shave my head 1/2" on top and 3/8" on the side so not sure how i would even accomplish a combover with that lenghth of hair. It seems like his sales tactic is to try to make someone feel bad about themselves so they go with his treatment. anyways he told me 4 sessions and said will cost about $4800 , im like ok firstly you dont even explain the process to me , nor the pain involved , nor the break down of the cost just standard stuff you expect during a consultation. So i ask him about the breakdown and why its that price and he says ill email you the quote, its been about a week have received nothing yet. Yes i came late and im hoping thats the reason for his unprofessionalism but if that was the case he should have just rescheduled me. 

this whole industry seems shady as F$&% everyone looking to make a quick buck, without care for their clients, thats the impression i got at least. I walked in their confident this was the guy to go to from reading all your guys reviews and everything and i walked out feeling more skeptical than ever. I hope i am proved wrong because i did have my hopes up

#2 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

Call the phone number and they will email you the quote within 60 seconds. For some reason they don't take it from the form you fill out so unless you give it when booking consult, they "don't have it on file".

The consultation seems to be more about consulting for sessions and price. It's not about giving you strategies they will use to achieve the look you want (though this would make way more sense if you ask me.

They probably don't show their work because thats the way HIS wants it. They want them all considered equal. Did he ask if you had questions? That's where you'd get to ask anything you want.

Also, maybe there was a consult right after yours so he might have gone a little quicker. In NYC, i got the illusion speech, asked if I was comfortable with shaved look, etc. nothing about pain or process. There is plenty of info on the forums about that though.

#3 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

Just to add, same thing happened to me with email quote, but I called and got it immediately.

Also, the quote will tell you sessions plus hours of each session. Each of mine were quoted as 3 hours.

#4 Haleyed

Haleyed

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:28 AM

🤔

#5 Bald2Buzzed

Bald2Buzzed

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas USA

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:30 AM

POPULAR

Having 5 sessions over 2 years with Zang, I have found him to be nothing but courteous, down-to-earth, and professional. I'm not calling you a liar, I just absolutely don't see him intentionally insulting you with the intent of making you insecure in order to get your business. You may have misunderstood what he was saying about how you style your hair. When I was getting my initial consultation with him, I essentially saw him turn the gentleman getting his consultation ahead of me away, saying that he had too much hair still and to go enjoy it for a few years. I don't see a shady sales person doing that. As far as your consultation went, keep in mind he not only does the consultations and is the sole practitioner for LA, he also does the procedures and consultations for the San Francisco and Seattle locations, is in charge of all the administrative duties for the LA location (and SF and Seattle I believe), and also has an essentially executive position in the company. I think he just doesn't have a heck of a lot of time to go into a very detailed consultation with each client, unfortunately. Also I think checkingthisout is correct in that HIS doesn't want their practitioners showing solely their work as the intent is that whether you go to the Hong Kong or Houston location, you'll get the same high quality procedure.

Bottom line is that he definitely worked wonders on my head, having fixed a sub-par procedure done by a mom and pop, Longboat Key, Florida based provider. The original procedure that was supposed to last "20+ years" mostly faded to almost nothing after just 3 years, but with a few patches and random dots remaining very dark and turning blueish. Zang worked wonders fixing that mess without the need for lazering.

Unfortunately you are right, there are shady and/or just bad SMP providers. I was a victim of one. I can, however, attest that HIS and Zang in particular absolutely do not fall into this category.

PM me if you want to meet up to take a first hand look. While I live in Vegas I am in LA quite often (usually Redondo Beach or Whittier).
  • Alec Baldwin, NOwayJOSE, WestSide and 2 others like this

#6 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

POPULAR

Zang is a gem of a human being. I had a consultation and three sessions with him. He is a quintessential professional, but also kind, sensitive, down-to-earth, and a very witty and engaging conversationalist. I've never heard anything but effusive praise about him, and his talent is simply off the charts.

One thing needs to be made especially clear... Zang does not **ever** engage in SMP salesmanship. He is a dedicated artist, in the truest sense of the word artist, and he abhors persuasive sales practices... I know this from my own consultation and extensive conversations with him on that subject.

Zang has probably done more SMPs than anyone, and is sought after by a discerning International clientele that would not entrust their careers or reputations with any less than the very best.
  • Alec Baldwin, NOwayJOSE, WestSide and 3 others like this
>> Simulated hairline.

#7 Mel86

Mel86

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

Call the phone number and they will email you the quote within 60 seconds. For some reason they don't take it from the form you fill out so unless you give it when booking consult, they "don't have it on file".

The consultation seems to be more about consulting for sessions and price. It's not about giving you strategies they will use to achieve the look you want (though this would make way more sense if you ask me.

They probably don't show their work because thats the way HIS wants it. They want them all considered equal. Did he ask if you had questions? That's where you'd get to ask anything you want.

Also, maybe there was a consult right after yours so he might have gone a little quicker. In NYC, i got the illusion speech, asked if I was comfortable with shaved look, etc. nothing about pain or process. There is plenty of info on the forums about that though.

How are you supposed to judge whether someone is legit or not without seeing their work, its like buying a car and not checking under the hood, hell maybe the engine is missing. I did call them they said i should receive it that day via email, still havent gotten it. But thats not what worries me, its the fact that he didnt want to take the time to ensure his customers feels confident by explaining the process thoroughly. When a doctor or practiioner in this case does not do that it makes a person feel like they dont care , and if they dont care how can you trust they will do a good job, and on top of that they dont even give you a decent amount of photos to feel confident in his work. Online reviews are great and all and its why i drove all the way down there to begin with. I understand the guy probably is really busy, but thats not my problem, they should hire a few more people to have a better service this is another indication they prioritize $$ over satisfaction. And the reason they dont want to give photos because they want to create a idea of uniform worksmanship throughout their locations is ridiculous, i mean you are getting a job done by a human being not a machine so of course it matters who does your work. 

I hope im wrong about all this i really do but this is what i saw, and the indications i see dont seem positive. Also i noticed their are never any bad reviews for anyone on any practioner or any job on this site, a bit suspicious considering they treated probably tens of thousands of heads over 10+ years. you go to other hairloss forums and bald people are like the pickiest bunch. im just saying what i notice

#8 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

There are actually several bad ones and usually the moderators are quick to suggest you contact office to get things back on track rather than just wondering what will happen and writing on the forum. First step should be calling for your quote and scheduling another consult if that's what you feel you need. They can do them over skype or phone probably too.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#9 DasCore

DasCore

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:48 AM

POPULAR

Zang is the fucking man. Judging from your posts, you probably went in with a very skeptical mindset and bad vibes, so that's what you got in return. Here's a tip: Do your research, but don't walk into a clinic with a stick up your ass and expect special treatment. You won't get good results like that- nor a good price quote.  :lol:

• Alec Baldwin, NOwayJOSE, WestSide and 2 others like this

#10 Haleyed

Haleyed

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:41 AM

Zang is the fucking man. Judging from your posts, you probably went in with a very skeptical mindset and bad vibes, so that's what you got in return. Here's a tip: Do your research, but don't walk into a clinic with a stick up your ass and expect special treatment. You won't get good results like that- nor a good price quote. :lol:

Agreed. Especially after walking in late.
  • NOwayJOSE and WestSide like this

#11 KukuiNut

KukuiNut

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLOS ANGELES

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:33 AM

POPULAR

Mr LAX is an extraordinary artist. Don't miss out on your opportunity to work with him. He will not stop until he's achieved something amazing on your head. Take a deep breath and start all over again. Hair loss and treatments is scary, I don't blame you for being apprehensive or unnerved by Zang's stoicism and straight talk. I had my shit down with him last year and I almost feel like he undercharged me for the quality realism he created. I'm also in LA (Westside) if you want to meet up and take a peek at his work. DM me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Alec Baldwin, WestSide, HIS - Ed and 1 other like this

#12 Mel86

Mel86

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

Mr LAX is an extraordinary artist. Don't miss out on your opportunity to work with him. He will not stop until he's achieved something amazing on your head. Take a deep breath and start all over again. Hair loss and treatments is scary, I don't blame you for being apprehensive or unnerved by Zang's stoicism and straight talk. I had my shit down with him last year and I almost feel like he undercharged me for the quality realism he created. I'm also in LA (Westside) if you want to meet up and take a peek at his work. DM me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks man , i live in OC any way you can send me some pics

#13 Mel86

Mel86

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

Agreed. Especially after walking in late.

im careful and actually i wasnt even provided with the basics of a consulation, true i was late which i mentioned, but he could have just had me come back another time. And no im not gonna go in there kissing ass like hes doing me a favor by taking my money. heres a tip for not only smp but for life,  proceed with caution when it comes to things esspecially dealing with something permanent, and keep your dignity  even if you want something really bad 

#14 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

... i wasnt even provided with the basics of a consulation... 

How long were you there? And what did you discuss, if not the basics?
>> Simulated hairline.

#15 Mel86

Mel86

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

How long were you there? And what did you discuss, if not the basics?

i asked him all the questions, just whatever came to mind, i asked him in particular how he would approach blend the areas i had a transplant vs the areas i didnt because i have existing hair that is lighter vs the transpanted hair that is thicker and darker. He just said he will blend it , and im like how, but didnt go into any detail. I  didnt prepare a list of questions which is what i planned on doing , that day i was super busy with work. To be fair he had another appointment after me so it was very rushed. however we did spend about 15 min talking, he said no problem, so i took it as not a problem that he will be able to give me a proper consultation. i asked all the questions , but the thing is when your in that situation you forget to ask alot of things. to be honest he didnt seem like he cared, just wanted to get out and go to his next appointment. I tried to show him pictures of a someone he did Marc is his name there is video on youtube and show him what i want and dont want but he like i do 3 patients a day i dont remember , he didnt even want to look at the picture i showed him. I was very friendly and polite, i dont know maybe the guy just didnt like me for some reason. I got a bad hair transplant so i am a bit more skeptical now , than i used to be, but i dont think i was asking for too much. Basically im biggest concern is it looking fake, i want it to look natural not like i got lined up with a sharpie. im gonna go to another appointment and if i get the same treatment ill find someone else

#16 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

I would make your list of questions now and then post them to the group. You might decide you don't have many questions at all. When you really think about it, there isn't much to the process. Draw a circle, and start filling in with dots. Use two different but close colors to simulate your situation. That's how he'll do it.

#17 Mel86

Mel86

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:20 PM

Zang is the fucking man. Judging from your posts, you probably went in with a very skeptical mindset and bad vibes, so that's what you got in return. Here's a tip: Do your research, but don't walk into a clinic with a stick up your ass and expect special treatment. You won't get good results like that- nor a good price quote.  :lol:

so what did you do, show up and say where do i sign. take my money.  no man i was nice to the guy , just want to determine how good he is and whether he actually care about his client.  your experience was differnt than mine, maybe the guy just didnt like me or something i dont know. but i think anyone would expect a more legit consultation, especailly for a tatoo on your head everyone will see costing 5k

#18 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

Most people on here would probably say his hair is too long. If it is SMP, it's amazing because it looks like a real buzz cut. What do I know though.

#19 Mel86

Mel86

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

that was the guy before .. freakin crazy man. 

#20 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

@Mel86 - Can you please check your Private Messages - small envelope icon in the top right hand corner with a red number on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users