• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cdy70

Cdy70

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:30 AM

Hey guys.  I am new to this forum and really appreciate all the information.  I am getting close to pulling the trigger with Ian in Houston.  I have completed a consultation with SA, Vinci and His.  Throughout it all I have bounced questions and concerns off of Ian and he has been more than open and helpful never knowing who I might select.  Says a lot about him and His as an organization so I am sold on His and Ian.  

Just a back story.  I am 46 years old and like many I have been suffering from this dreaded chrome dome since my late 20's.  I think I am a good candidate based on some of the pictures of light haired men and Damien's story. I attached a picture so you all get an idea of my dome.  I am mostly gray now and have had blonde/red/very light hair historically.  Anyway...part of me feels like at the age of 46 I should just get over it and grow older gracefully but I still look in the mirror everyday and wonder what it would feel like to be at my best.  Of course my wife says I already am and is very skeptical of this whole thing...thinks I need a therapist.  LOL.  Anyway.  I am in sales and have frequent trips that are fairly short notice and random.  I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on the timing of this for someone that is light headed and complected for recovery time without being noticed.  Should I take time off work or could i for example schedule on a Thursday and be good to go on Monday so to speak?

Also looking to see if you all could share just normal photos that are typical in everyday life especially any that might be right after a procedure..not just top of head, hairline etc.  My meetings consist of full blown presentations in front of various groups of people.  

Really nervous about setting this appointment as I cannot be called out or questioned on this as is the case for all of us.

Thanks!!

• Haleyed likes this

#2 bobobaldy

bobobaldy

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Locationglasgow

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

So if you met Ian how was his SMP/transplant combo looking ?
Do you dye your beard as it looks pretty well coloured but you say you are mostly grey?

#3 Cdy70

Cdy70

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:06 PM

He looked really good but I assumed he only had SMP.  He didn't mention a transplant and it certainly wasn't visible if he had.  Now that you mention it in that picture I think i did have Just for Men beard on the chin area...good eye.  I don't do that anymore though so the chin area is pretty gray with some pops of gray in the sides but not much.  

Regarding my hair or whats left of it if I go a week without shaving it the color is a light gray.  

#4 Haleyed

Haleyed

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:10 AM

I think the OP is referring to Ian Dennis, the technician at Houston (hasnt had a transplant as far as I'm aware). He did mine about 7 months ago.

I went for consultations at all the main clinics, but sold on Ian after seeing his work in person, the detail is astounding and mine looks as good as any scalp pigmentation I've seen. Shoot me your email and I'll see you some photos over. 

Be careful with lighting man. If you go for too subtle then it can effectively disappear in broad daylight. This was the case with mine after 2 sessions, but after the 3rd it was both darker and natural. 

good luck man you made the best choice with his hair clinic!

• HIS - Ed likes this

#5 Josh2.0

Josh2.0

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:40 AM

Hey Cdy70,

I would recommend taking some time off, if possible.  The first 4 days the dots are pretty big and they don't really begin to fade for a good week or so. And you can't wash or shave your head for 4 days. I assume you will be getting at least two treatments so you should expect the same results after the 2nd as well.

Also I would order some anti-shine for the head.  I've tried about a dozen products and I've found this to work the best for me.  I put it on after moisturizer.   Clubman Pinaud Shave Talc Neutral Tint, apply with shaving brush.

Best of luck, like most of us you will no doubt be very happy with the results.  And so will the wife :)

"People stare at my head because they like what they see"

George Costanza

#6 Cdy70

Cdy70

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:19 AM

Thanks guys. In my first consultation it was mentioned to use the base layer somewhere in the low to mid 40s. Then building from there. Also I actually got a number 2 pencil to add a soft hairline todaythat was just a few shades darker than my skin tone. Looked good I thought.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users