#21 DodgyBarnet

DodgyBarnet

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

Personally I wouldn't touch it, I think it looks great and really natural.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#22 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

I was gonna say the same thing. I think it looks very natural which is the goal.

With that said, it's not my head, and you deserve what you want. How many sessions did they quote you? I was quoted 3 so I think that means anything needed after 3 is under their guarantee, correct? So if you were quoted 3, $300 is a small price to pay for your happiness. If you were quoted to need more than you probably should have expected it to take more.

#23 Nguyen

Nguyen

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:16 PM

It looks natural. But it doesn't match your side hair. You needed much more density.
However taking photos close up, with flash on is not a smart way to see how it looks in real world.
  • Majty likes this

#24 Majty

Majty

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:28 PM

It looks natural. But it doesn't match your side hair. You needed much more density.
However taking photos close up, with flash on is not a smart way to see how it looks in real world.

Yes that is the whole problem, it does not match..... And even without any flash and just looking in the mirror with any light whatsoever on in the bathroom from ANY distance be it 3 feet or 15 feet, or even with the light off and just the dim light from my hallway behind me still displays the exact same issues. 
I am getting dead tired from this... should I change practitioner to someone else within HIShair and is that even possible to do?

I was gonna say the same thing. I think it looks very natural which is the goal.

With that said, it's not my head, and you deserve what you want. How many sessions did they quote you? I was quoted 3 so I think that means anything needed after 3 is under their guarantee, correct? So if you were quoted 3, $300 is a small price to pay for your happiness. If you were quoted to need more than you probably should have expected it to take more.

I was quoted "At least 2-3 sessions". So it could be 2-3 or 500 sessions as I got no real firm quote just a "maybe". I was told that if I need a fourth treatment I will have to pay for that too and any more than that will be considered a "touch up" so I would have to pay no matter what as the guarantee does not seem to count at all.
I was assured it would look like the sides and it does not.
My practitioner told me he has guys that come in for a 5th and 6th treatment, but if the changes are so small from each session I do not doubt it.... 
Does HIShair have any policy for changing practitioner within the guarantee? I am not happy at all...

#25 Majty

Majty

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

Hi Majty! I honestly can't see anything wrong with that 3:d session. I think it looks great!

Can you take a picture in daylight without the Flash please.

I will do that tomorrow morning. I am not happy at all.... I will try to get a hold of a HIS hair practitioner and ask for advice too... if anyone like that reads this then please contact me! 
I got considerable fading since those latest pics too...

#26 checkingthisout

checkingthisout

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:06 AM

I woukd think they have to go by their written quote in the first year. That was my understanding. If not, what good is the guarantee or the quote?

#27 sbtd

sbtd

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

Yes that is the whole problem, it does not match..... And even without any flash and just looking in the mirror with any light whatsoever on in the bathroom from ANY distance be it 3 feet or 15 feet, or even with the light off and just the dim light from my hallway behind me still displays the exact same issues. 
I am getting dead tired from this... should I change practitioner to someone else within HIShair and is that even possible to do?

I was quoted "At least 2-3 sessions". So it could be 2-3 or 500 sessions as I got no real firm quote just a "maybe". I was told that if I need a fourth treatment I will have to pay for that too and any more than that will be considered a "touch up" so I would have to pay no matter what as the guarantee does not seem to count at all.
I was assured it would look like the sides and it does not.
My practitioner told me he has guys that come in for a 5th and 6th treatment, but if the changes are so small from each session I do not doubt it.... 
Does HIShair have any policy for changing practitioner within the guarantee? I am not happy at all...

That seems odd that they would charge you for a 4th session.  I'm in the U.S. but before I even sat down for my 3rd session my practitioner said if I needed a 4th it would be free (and it seems almost certain I will need a 4th).

#28 Majty

Majty

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

It has faded even more now, on the left side of the hairline the dots are going away again....

I woukd think they have to go by their written quote in the first year. That was my understanding. If not, what good is the guarantee or the quote?

That seems odd that they would charge you for a 4th session.  I'm in the U.S. but before I even sat down for my 3rd session my practitioner said if I needed a 4th it would be free (and it seems almost certain I will need a 4th).

Well as there is no real estimate, just a "at least 2-3" and not a "most likely 2-3" I feel more or less screwed....
Sure the 4th would only cost about $56, but he said that the fifth and so on - if they were needed - would be $230 each hour as it would be a "touch up" - and it has taken 2-3h each session now and at this rate I would need several more. 

I guess I am just supposed to pay up ignoring the "at least 2-3" and any guarantee at all right?

I really thought the estimate would make sure I would only pay for the amount I was quoted - "At least 2-3", which told me in my ignorance "2-3" was my estimate, but now it seems "at least" could mean 40 sessions or more and I would still have to pay each one.

Thanks HIShair.....you have helped me look balding instead of bald, I feel cheated to be honest.

It is upsetting....

These are pics I took without any flash, indoors with the light off and only daylight coming in from outside.
So this time the photos are taken without flash and showing the real life result.

20170507_125240-1.jpg 20170507_125510-1.jpg
20170507_130529-1.jpg 20170507_130928-1.jpg
This pic I took with an arms length distance
20170507_131155-1.jpg

It should be quite clear to anyone viewing this that the "blend" with the sides has not occurred, as one would expect as there is a clear line between the top and side - when it comes to shade and density compared to the results I have seen posted all over the forums.
Especially visible when you look at the pics as thumbnails and not enlarging them by clicking.

Can someone from HIShair please comment on this and contact me?

#29 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

Hi Majtya

You will get the opinions and shared experience of the other members on here, but to speak to someone at HIS you will need to make contact with them. I have already written and ask that someone reach out to you... so you can wait for that contact or write/call yourself.

As far as your pictures go, they are splitting those opinions on here - but that can be the nature of pictures of SMP (or real buzz cut heads come to that). Nobody would dispute your experience of dissatisfaction, but your way forward is to engage with HIS.

#30 Majty

Majty

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:43 PM

Hi Majtya

You will get the opinions and shared experience of the other members on here, but to speak to someone at HIS you will need to make contact with them. I have already written and ask that someone reach out to you... so you can wait for that contact or write/call yourself.

As far as your pictures go, they are splitting those opinions on here - but that can be the nature of pictures of SMP (or real buzz cut heads come to that). Nobody would dispute your experience of dissatisfaction, but your way forward is to engage with HIS.

I thought HIS practitioners also went to this forum :/, I have emailed them yesterday with these same photos explaining the situation.
I did it at the same time as I wrote here actually.
Thank you for asking them to contact me, I just want this to be completed and done... at this point I do not care if I have to pay for each session no matter the guarantee (or lack of estimate), just as long as I get the promised results or something even remotely similar to what I see all over the forums.
I am really considering going over to the London clinic as the cost to fly there would be the same as traveling within my own country, and the results there look good.

• buzzcut likes this

#31 Majty

Majty

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

So I got in touch with a HIShair clinic, and they said my results look good and is not a failure.
What they told me is that what I need is more density and more blend with the sides and I will be fine.

These are pics I took in my hallway in the shadows. The closest light source is a window 5 meters away.
They are taken 5 minutes after a wet shave and no flash on neither.
20170510_114454-1.jpg 20170510_114716-1.jpg 20170510_115053-2.jpg

• HIS - Ed likes this

#32 PermanentVacation

PermanentVacation

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

It looks perfect ..:)
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#33 Shai

Shai

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

I fully agree: a bit more density and blend and you'll be perfect.
Great head shape, by the way, perfect for wearing the shaved-to-the-bone-style👍
  • HIS - Ed and Majty like this

#34 dasher

dasher

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Locationbirmingham

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

Those last few pics look fantastic. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#35 Three Crowns

Three Crowns

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Location...

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:29 PM

Like i said earlier Majty, i think it looks really good! Maybe just a bit more density and the result will be perfect.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#36 P4nter4

P4nter4

Regular Poster

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

whee didnyou get yours done bud? how long ago?

#37 Majty

Majty

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

I fully agree: a bit more density and blend and you'll be perfect.
Great head shape, by the way, perfect for wearing the shaved-to-the-bone-style

Thanks, I do think I need a h*ll of a lot more density and even darker pigments to make this look the way it was agreed upon - like the sides of my head.
When I used Photoshop to add dots I found out that I need about 2-3 times the density to make that a reality.
It does look natural, but the blend and density has to be there too, and I hope it will be after the next session :).
I have seen his previous work and it is amazing and it blew me away, but for some reason mine is not on that level - yet.
I will ask my practitioner about it on the fourth session.
I know he is great at what he does, but I think my skin condition has affected the way pigments settle, and that is perhaps why they are brighter and less defined than they should be.
Maybe the fourth session will be my magical one ^^

Like i said earlier Majty, i think it looks really good! Maybe just a bit more density and the result will be perfect.

2 different people have called me bald this week, the pigments are fading quickly and I need a lot more density and darker pigments too, even if I will have to sit for 5h to get it that way I will - it is too important to me to have it the way I need it to be, to be able to look myself in the mirror and think "damn, it looks so real!".
I would rather have it too dark than too bright like I feel it is at the moment.
It is all fixable though, so in the end it will look good, but I really really hate the flights and the stress/strain it puts on me.

#38 Shai

Shai

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

You’re refreshingly different from all those here who want it natural and light and unremarkable….
So I would say: Go for it and share the result with us!!!

I couldn’t agree more regarding the travelling with organizing flights and hotels. I’m in the same situation.
It’s time-consuming and burdening and, as you wrote, stressful. Flight cancellations = my personal nightmare😱
  • Majty likes this

#39 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

Men with shaved heads of real hair get called bald. That's a fact of life. It is not a definitive comment on the quality or otherwise of your SMP. Your SMP looks excellent and you should react with the self assuredness of a smart man being called stupid,

#40 emadhn

emadhn

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

The results of your third session look really good man! Im going through the same thing after after my second session. But Im confident that the third session will be the magical one and hope to achieve your results :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users