#1 Majty

Majty

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:07 AM

First 2 pics PRE-SMP (Jan 15th 2016)

3rd is the day after, the following 2 are one week after the first treatment on Jan 22nd (I wished it still looked like THAT, I am stunned how much it has faded/disappeared)
The 2 after that are from February 2nd 2016 and the last is from June 17th 2016 20mins after shaving.

Now it has faded even more and I will see if I can upload those pics shortly too.
As it is right now I need to get up close to the mirror to perhaps half a foot (15cm) to be able to see ANY SMP at ALL in some areas as the dots are almost completely GONE.
I really hope this third treatment at the end of March can do something about this.
This it is really causing me so much anxiety that I will need to get back on anti depressants - which I had managed to stop taking for 6 months after taking them for over 15 years (meeting doctor in a few days), and now because I avoid showing my head/being around others and I avoid mirrors and many times I just sit down and cry because this has cost so much and yet the results are so poor compared to what I was shown and told it would be :(

SMP1.jpg SMP2.jpg SMP3.jpg SMP4.jpg SMP5.jpg SMP6.jpg SMP7.jpg SMP8.jpg

Current status after shaving on February 24th 2017

Front without flash on, you can clearly see my real hair on the sides is much darker and denser even after shave compared to the SMP, and I got some areas of darker spots on top where it has faded less, which makes it look like I have some sort of disease or freckles.

20170224_194540.jpg

Other pics with flash and the first shows what it looks like the most real to what it looks like without any camera flash irl, and what really makes me sad and upset... The darker shade on the sides of my head are not a trick of the lightning, it is what it should look like on top too.
20170224_194737.jpg 20170224_194806.jpg 20170224_202731.jpg
If anyone can give me words of advice, preferably from a practitioner of Hishair I would appreciate it greatly.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170224_202147.jpg
  • 20170224_194415.jpg
  • 20170224_194436.jpg
  • 20170224_203020.jpg

#2 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:09 AM

POPULAR

Honestly, your results look consistent with others, including myself, after just two sessions. Why did you wait more than a full year to get your third session?

Session 3 is customarily to build density. Also, the third session is the most important one for blending the sides and top, and providing final color corrections.

Have you been in contact with HIS to discuss your concerns? I'd be more than surprised if they were not fully empathetic, helpful,, and forthright in explaining the purpose of each of your sessions.
  • Trendy, HIS - Ed, Majty and 2 others like this
>> Simulated hairline.

#3 Majty

Majty

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:21 PM

Honestly, your results look consistent with others, including myself, after just two sessions. Why did you wait more than a full year to get your third session?

Session 3 is customarily to build density. Also, the third session is the most important one for blending the sides and top, and providing final color corrections.

Have you been in contact with HIS to discuss your concerns? I'd be more than surprised if they were not fully empathetic, helpful,, and forthright in explaining the purpose of each of your sessions.

I am glad to get a second opinion for sure, as my eyes tell me something different.

I waited because of many personal reasons, among them cash and no chance to leave and funerals to attend.....

And yes I have been in contact with them but I have severe issues with my memory so I do not remember what they said in person about each single session, so I appreciate you telling me about the third is for blending =).

Perhaps it is just my nerves and my depression that has re-surfaced that makes me see things, as I went to a different gym today and they had different lights in the ceiling and I thought my SMP looked better there.
I am not the strongest of minds, and I do worry a lot. So from a strictly logical standpoint I should see what the results are a few months after the third session before I really start to worry.

I feel better now about it. Thank you The bald ego! :)

• the bald ego and chr!spod like this

#4 PermanentVacation

PermanentVacation

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

POPULAR

Mate I think you look great, a third session would but it all to rest and his will for sure help you out.

Don't worry just yet. Your treatment is following the pattern of most of us and def not a fail in any way in fact a big improvement over the before photos.

Your mind def plays tricks on you with anxiety and when you look at something long enough.

Get your next session. Write all your concerns down before you go for your appointment and explain your concerns.

Once you have your third session post up the results. :)
Voicing your concerns to his is the first step in getting the result you want :)
  • HIS - Ed, Majty, the bald ego and 1 other like this

#5 dasher

dasher

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Locationbirmingham

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:28 PM

Mate. Looks good to me.its all about being natural. In my opinion you just look like a guy with hair that shaves his head. Job done ? Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  • HIS - Ed and Majty like this

#6 Spinner

Spinner

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

POPULAR

Looks ok to me , I can deff see it I think the third will make it a lot better , everyone's shows more in some lights than others just like hair that's shaved
  • HIS - Ed, Majty and chr!spod like this

#7 Josh2.0

Josh2.0

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

POPULAR

i agree with Dasher with how natural it appears and how it complements and suits your "look"

I can see your concerns but nothing I would fret too much about.  I don't see anything that hopefully couldn't be fixed with another session.  I will probably go for another one one day myself.

Keep your head up and remember you are not alone.  You have your brotherhood here to help.

• HIS - Ed, Majty and chr!spod like this

"People stare at my head because they like what they see"

George Costanza

#8 Trendy

Trendy

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationLondon Clinic

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:48 AM

POPULAR

That's why the 3rd session is called the "magical session". I was also a little bit upset after my second session, because of fading. But the 3rd session has made me soooo happy. Like "the bald ego" has told - the 3rd session is building the density! Go for it! ;)

• HIS - Ed, Majty, vinnydiesel and 1 other like this

#9 Rooster

Rooster

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

POPULAR

Hey they don't go dark early cause they need to see how you skins takes I had that same feeling after my first 2 sessions it looked awesome then faded I would look in the mirror 24/7. Worried cause I just spent money and it's fading but after the third and fourth. It's all good. Don't stress!! It looks exactly like mine did after the first 2.
  • Trendy, HIS - Ed, Majty and 2 others like this

#10 Majty

Majty

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

POPULAR

So I returned to this forum to check if I had gotten any more replies... and I had not expected this many supportive comments!
I can tell you that I can confess that I am actually sitting here crying right now with tears running down my face....
You telling me that what I am seeing is not something out of the ordinary, and that you have seen and felt what I experience too in various degrees does help me a LOT.
The support here warms my old bruised heart, as you show me compassion and understanding and do not tell me that I am not entitled to feel what I feel.
I do not know what to say... I feel like you got my back and everything will be alright.

Mate I think you look great, a third session would but it all to rest and his will for sure help you out.

Don't worry just yet. Your treatment is following the pattern of most of us and def not a fail in any way in fact a big improvement over the before photos.

Your mind def plays tricks on you with anxiety and when you look at something long enough.

Get your next session. Write all your concerns down before you go for your appointment and explain your concerns.

Once you have your third session post up the results. :)
Voicing your concerns to his is the first step in getting the result you want :)

I will take that advice about writing down my concerns before going, absolutely will!. I did do so before my first treatment and I even brought a photo of my late grandfather to show what my hair-loss pattern most likely will be, as I have read that we usually inherit the trait from out mothers father.
Which does make sense to me as that is where the baldness lays in my family.
I showed how much I would lose, and I did not feel like it was more than glanced at.
But now that I have lost even more I can see that those areas have not been treated as much as needed, and if I lose even more after this third I will look like I just have no hair on the sides between my smp and the hair that is left and that would really look odd.

i agree with Dasher with how natural it appears and how it complements and suits your "look"

I can see your concerns but nothing I would fret too much about.  I don't see anything that hopefully couldn't be fixed with another session.  I will probably go for another one one day myself.

Keep your head up and remember you are not alone.  You have your brotherhood here to help.

I really see that I do now have people that will keep me sane and give me support, I did not expect this much feedback really with words of hope!

That's why the 3rd session is called the "magical session". I was also a little bit upset after my second session, because of fading. But the 3rd session has made me soooo happy. Like "the bald ego" has told - the 3rd session is building the density! Go for it! ;)

I will absolutely go for it, right now I feel like I got a "grey-skull" and no real dark dots in some areas that would make it look like the sides.
Because even when I shave the skin is greyish all over on the sides but I got darker dots where the follicles are.
And now especially my front left hairline is just a bit grey in the skin but no darker dots at all and most dots on top have faded to the point that I need to be so close to the mirror that I almost touch it to see them and some are just gone.
And when I shut the light I can still see in the dark that most of what is on top is more the color of my face than the rest of my scalp. And that does worry me.

Hey they don't go dark early cause they need to see how you skins takes I had that same feeling after my first 2 sessions it looked awesome then faded I would look in the mirror 24/7. Worried cause I just spent money and it's fading but after the third and fourth. It's all good. Don't stress!! It looks exactly like mine did after the first 2.

I have booked my 3rd at the end of this month, a possible fourth might just maybe be later this year if I do not get the correct shade and density on the third.
And what you describe sure is exactly how I feel and have reacted!

I also worry about getting too much density and too dark pigments so it either looks fake or smeared (painted skull)

• Trendy, Josh2.0, HIS - Ed and 3 others like this

#11 vinnydiesel

vinnydiesel

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

POPULAR

Yeah dude don't worry I have 100% faith that everything will work out for you.  I bet after your third session, once everything settles, you're gonna read this thread again and smile as to why you were worried in the first place.  I think literally every single person on this forum who has had SMP done can attest to experiencing some level of anxiety during the process, as this is something completely unknown for a lot of us, and everyone's immune system reacts differently to the link.  I recall after my first session, which was on a Thursday, that I would wake up the next 2-3 days hoping that the redness on my scalp will lighten up (my scalp was super red).  Monday morning (before going to work), I finally shaved ans showered, and was so nervous coming out of the shower to look at what the treatment looks like.  Once I saw it, I was like "man, why did I worry all this time?".  Completely natural to be worried man, but man it's worth it! 

• Trendy, HIS - Ed, the bald ego and 1 other like this

#12 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:46 AM

SMP rollercoaster of emotions for sure

We all had that up and down ride;S

Just dont get a 4th session until a few good months down the road

Cause you might get too dark...or too dense...and put yourself into a different mess

Easy does it...its coming alone just fine after only 2 sessions

I had same fading issues myself

I needed 6 sessions total ($$$$)

So hang in there

And do all the aftercare instructions to avoid any extra fading..on top of your strong immune system

Something I think worked for me...was smoking again for 1-2 months prior to my last 6th session

I faded for 5 sessions...hadnt smoked for yrs

Started smoking again before my 6th session...practically no fading

Was it cause my body was more busy with all the toxic chemicals they spray on our tobacco??

I also find I get more colds or flus when I smoke regularly...catch more germs

So it proves to me that my immune system is quite a bit affected by smoking

No smoking....no colds or flus for yrs!

And I deal with people and their cars and keys everyday..allday

So Im touching all kinds of dirty peoples germs...and still never get sick when Im not smoking

So not sure if you smoke at all...just something to think about while getting SMP...suppress your strong immune system a bit

• HIS - Ed and chr!spod like this

#13 Bald2Buzzed

Bald2Buzzed

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas USA

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

SMP rollercoaster of emotions for sure
We all had that up and down ride;S
Just dont get a 4th session until a few good months down the road
Cause you might get too dark...or too dense...and put yourself into a different mess
Easy does it...its coming alone just fine after only 2 sessions
I had same fading issues myself
I needed 6 sessions total ($$$$)
So hang in there
And do all the aftercare instructions to avoid any extra fading..on top of your strong immune system
Something I think worked for me...was smoking again for 1-2 months prior to my last 6th session
I faded for 5 sessions...hadnt smoked for yrs
Started smoking again before my 6th session...practically no fading
Was it cause my body was more busy with all the toxic chemicals they spray on our tobacco??
I also find I get more colds or flus when I smoke regularly...catch more germs
So it proves to me that my immune system is quite a bit affected by smoking
No smoking....no colds or flus for yrs!
And I deal with people and their cars and keys everyday..allday
So Im touching all kinds of dirty peoples germs...and still never get sick when Im not smoking
So not sure if you smoke at all...just something to think about while getting SMP...suppress your strong immune system a bit

Or instead of taking on a habit that will kill you and cost $2500 or so a year, why don't you just put $600-800 a year a side for a touch up?
  • vinnydiesel likes this

#14 The equaliser

The equaliser

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

It wasn't taking in the first place bald2buzzed that's the point he was making. What's touch up got to do with it? Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

#15 Bald2Buzzed

Bald2Buzzed

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas USA

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

It's not a matter of the SMP taking or not taking, it's a matter of getting the correct (dark enough) pigment that it can last a bit longer through the immune system trying to essentially get rid of the SMP. I don't think compromising ones immune system for the sake of getting SMP to "take" is the best idea. Once you quit smoking (if you can at that point), the immune system will pick back up and start attacking the SMP again. Besides, I can't think of many quality women who would want an out of shape smoker, hair or no hair.

My suggestion was merely to stay healthy, get a few more sessions if you need so it can withstand the immune system barrage, and resign yourself to the fact that you may need a touch up every 1-2 years because of your healthy immune system. (I speak from experience as I'm fortunate [and unfortunate in the case of SMP] enough to be in that club).
  • vinnydiesel likes this

#16 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:47 AM

Ooooooooooo...touch-up every 1-2 yrs??;S

Not for me man

Thats too early...after spending thousands $$$$

Gotta last at least 3-5 yrs

If you got the money...do it

Most might not

I do...and I still wouldnt wanna do touch-ups every 1-2 yrs

Agree 100% that the key is going low enough till you find that shade that doesnt fade away like the others

But was just trying to add something that I "think" may have helped me and my fading issues

And I would also think the exact same way...that your immune system would just pick up right afterwards..to start attacking the ink again

But I think once youve hampered your immune system before and after the session....for a few good months...the ink has settled and healed??

During the more crucial time

So once you stop smoking...its far past that crucial fading/healing time for it to really affect anything

Know what I mean...

(But theres also lots of people...men and women that are very fit...that smoke...doesnt mean youre out of shape just cause you enjoy smoking some

nice quality cigarettes here and there)

As long as you dont chain smoke...or a pack a day...4-5 smokes a day aint that bad

I also believe that tap water is another big fading issue

Especially if youre wet shaving...and letting all that tap water with chlorine bleach in it..soak into your scalp for 15 minutes... everyday you shave your

head with a razor?? And not to forget the shaving cream itself absorbing...which usually has some chemicals or alcohol that can fade

Its gotta add up

Just look how faded your brand new clothes get after only washing them a few times

Obviously the detergent has something to do with that also...but so does the chlorine in the water

I can actually smell the chlorine in the tap water...and especially when it gets up in your nose

So theres quite a bit in there...even more during the winters

Thats why your skin is sooooo damn dry and flaky after taking a warm/hot shower

Foil shave and rinse with bottled spring water...few handfuls all you need

Sounds stupid buts works nice...and moisturizers ur scalp too!...instead of fading and drying it out

And dont even need mositurizer afterwards...or mattifer

Normal minimum shine afterwards

Think about it

#17 David1963

David1963

HIS Legend

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationStockport (UK)

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:04 AM

Majty

I understand how you feel I was on anti depressents for about 30 yrs and could not look at myself in the mirror without feeling sick , got SMP at 50 yrs old and now actually got a life , dont worry some heads take longer than others but they dont run out of ink lick they run out of doner hair for transplants.

We all look different in every mirror and under every different lighting condition , stop looking at pictures taken with a flash or under heavy lights cos it will look non existant ( just like a guy who has a full head of hair would if he shaved it to the bone ) I hate a lot of the HIS photos and think the you tube videos show it better .

My main problem is I have to remember to keep moisourising my head becouse I have extreamly dry skin which scabs a lot also I have a very bad sun damaged scalp from years of sunbathing - nobody ever comments on my head but folks keep saying I look in my late 20's which is fine cos im 53 , yep like you I also go to the Gym which is far better than Prozac .

Take care and have faith you will get there in the end .

• HIS - Ed and Majty like this

#18 Majty

Majty

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Majty

I understand how you feel I was on anti depressents for about 30 yrs and could not look at myself in the mirror without feeling sick , got SMP at 50 yrs old and now actually got a life , dont worry some heads take longer than others but they dont run out of ink lick they run out of doner hair for transplants.

We all look different in every mirror and under every different lighting condition , stop looking at pictures taken with a flash or under heavy lights cos it will look non existant ( just like a guy who has a full head of hair would if he shaved it to the bone ) I hate a lot of the HIS photos and think the you tube videos show it better .

My main problem is I have to remember to keep moisourising my head becouse I have extreamly dry skin which scabs a lot also I have a very bad sun damaged scalp from years of sunbathing - nobody ever comments on my head but folks keep saying I look in my late 20's which is fine cos im 53 , yep like you I also go to the Gym which is far better than Prozac .

Take care and have faith you will get there in the end .

David I know but still, I do worry because I just want it over and done with - so it does not eat away on my brain anymore.
And I worry about getting a too dense or dark treatment so I will get the dreaded painted-scalp-look that other (not his-hair) clinics have done.
I usually do not study my own pics, but just rely on my own sight while staring in the mirror with or without a lamp on in the same room (I tend to see better with it off as I can see areas less dark much better then).
The pics I provide are just to show others more or less, and to document it :)

Still, I will have my third treatment in two days and I am traveling tomorrow to be there in advance.
I will take pics before and after there too and also when I have shaved for the first time I will take some more pics too, just to document my journey and perhaps someone someday will look at this post and see the roller-coaster I have been on, and if they have experienced anything like it they will know they are not the first or the last ^^

• HIS - Ed likes this

#19 Majty

Majty

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

So I had my third session on the 29th of March. These are pics I took April 20th a few hours after a wet shave.
I already see uneven fading this early and also uneven dotting too so I will need a fourth session for sure which I was really really hoping to avoid as each trip including flight/tram/bus/hostel costs me 300 USD each time just to get there.
I have done all after care instructions to the letter too!

This entire area should really have a darker pigment and density to match the sides, which has always been the goal from the start (more visible as thumbnails than as full size for some reason)
20170420_033628-1.jpg SMP3_Error2.JPG

This is the area that bothers me the most! Its in the hairline (even more too, but that spot is the worst!) and I can clearly see it is less dense there no matter if I am outside in daylight (marking on pic 2, but you can see it on the others too), or I look at the mirror from 2 meters away while having no light on above me - and just some light behind me so it is dim (it is supposed to look even in SOME light at least, or is that only something I should expect in pitch black darkness where I can not see myself at all?....I am disappointed to say the least as I said it was a problem area that I said I wanted fixed.... It got better but not even *sigh*
The third pic below shows how uneven it is, especially visible on the thumbnail. And I have taken pics with and without flash in different lighting conditions so it is not just my imagination. "Third is the magic session".... not really :/
20170420_035209-1.jpg 20170420_035209-1_Error.JPG 20170420_040052.jpg
20170420_040225-1.jpg 20170420_040625-1.jpg 20170420_040937-1.jpg 20170420_040937-1_Error.JPG

Check the last pic and compare the marked area (even some outside of that area) to the other side of the hairline and you will see the density is different.
So I am open to advice....... I know that I will get even more fading in the next few months as that happened the last two times too.

#20 Three Crowns

Three Crowns

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Location...

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

Hi Majty! I honestly can't see anything wrong with that 3:d session. I think it looks great!

Can you take a picture in daylight without the Flash please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users