Sign in to follow this  
Majty

SMP - Did it fail for me?

First 2 pics PRE-SMP (Jan 15th 2016)

3rd is the day after, the following 2 are one week after the first treatment on Jan 22nd (I wished it still looked like THAT, I am stunned how much it has faded/disappeared)
The 2 after that are from February 2nd 2016 and the last is from June 17th 2016 20mins after shaving.

Now it has faded even more and I will see if I can upload those pics shortly too.
As it is right now I need to get up close to the mirror to perhaps half a foot (15cm) to be able to see ANY SMP at ALL in some areas as the dots are almost completely GONE.
I really hope this third treatment at the end of March can do something about this.
This it is really causing me so much anxiety that I will need to get back on anti depressants - which I had managed to stop taking for 6 months after taking them for over 15 years (meeting doctor in a few days), and now because I avoid showing my head/being around others and I avoid mirrors and many times I just sit down and cry because this has cost so much and yet the results are so poor compared to what I was shown and told it would be :(

post-301548-0-37118800-1488155059_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-39055200-1488155060_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-94482500-1488155060_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-50533500-1488155061_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-27346100-1488155062_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-93288200-1488155062_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-59144800-1488155063_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-02038700-1488155064_thumb.jpg

Current status after shaving on February 24th 2017

Front without flash on, you can clearly see my real hair on the sides is much darker and denser even after shave compared to the SMP, and I got some areas of darker spots on top where it has faded less, which makes it look like I have some sort of disease or freckles.

post-301548-0-14579800-1488159288_thumb.jpg

Other pics with flash and the first shows what it looks like the most real to what it looks like without any camera flash irl, and what really makes me sad and upset... The darker shade on the sides of my head are not a trick of the lightning, it is what it should look like on top too.
post-301548-0-51095700-1488159291_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-35220400-1488159295_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-40900000-1488159302_thumb.jpg
If anyone can give me words of advice, preferably from a practitioner of Hishair I would appreciate it greatly.

Honestly, your results look consistent with others, including myself, after just two sessions. Why did you wait more than a full year to get your third session?

Session 3 is customarily to build density. Also, the third session is the most important one for blending the sides and top, and providing final color corrections.

Have you been in contact with HIS to discuss your concerns? I'd be more than surprised if they were not fully empathetic, helpful,, and forthright in explaining the purpose of each of your sessions.

I am glad to get a second opinion for sure, as my eyes tell me something different.

I waited because of many personal reasons, among them cash and no chance to leave and funerals to attend.....

And yes I have been in contact with them but I have severe issues with my memory so I do not remember what they said in person about each single session, so I appreciate you telling me about the third is for blending =).

Perhaps it is just my nerves and my depression that has re-surfaced that makes me see things, as I went to a different gym today and they had different lights in the ceiling and I thought my SMP looked better there.

I am not the strongest of minds, and I do worry a lot. So from a strictly logical standpoint I should see what the results are a few months after the third session before I really start to worry.

I feel better now about it. Thank you The bald ego! :)

SMP rollercoaster of emotions for sure

We all had that up and down ride;S

Just dont get a 4th session until a few good months down the road

Cause you might get too dark...or too dense...and put yourself into a different mess

Easy does it...its coming alone just fine after only 2 sessions

I had same fading issues myself

I needed 6 sessions total ($$$$)

So hang in there

And do all the aftercare instructions to avoid any extra fading..on top of your strong immune system

Something I think worked for me...was smoking again for 1-2 months prior to my last 6th session

I faded for 5 sessions...hadnt smoked for yrs

Started smoking again before my 6th session...practically no fading

Was it cause my body was more busy with all the toxic chemicals they spray on our tobacco??

I also find I get more colds or flus when I smoke regularly...catch more germs

So it proves to me that my immune system is quite a bit affected by smoking

No smoking....no colds or flus for yrs!

And I deal with people and their cars and keys everyday..allday

So Im touching all kinds of dirty peoples germs...and still never get sick when Im not smoking

So not sure if you smoke at all...just something to think about while getting SMP...suppress your strong immune system a bit

SMP rollercoaster of emotions for sure

We all had that up and down ride;S

Just dont get a 4th session until a few good months down the road

Cause you might get too dark...or too dense...and put yourself into a different mess

Easy does it...its coming alone just fine after only 2 sessions

I had same fading issues myself

I needed 6 sessions total ($$$$)

So hang in there

And do all the aftercare instructions to avoid any extra fading..on top of your strong immune system

Something I think worked for me...was smoking again for 1-2 months prior to my last 6th session

I faded for 5 sessions...hadnt smoked for yrs

Started smoking again before my 6th session...practically no fading

Was it cause my body was more busy with all the toxic chemicals they spray on our tobacco??

I also find I get more colds or flus when I smoke regularly...catch more germs

So it proves to me that my immune system is quite a bit affected by smoking

No smoking....no colds or flus for yrs!

And I deal with people and their cars and keys everyday..allday

So Im touching all kinds of dirty peoples germs...and still never get sick when Im not smoking

So not sure if you smoke at all...just something to think about while getting SMP...suppress your strong immune system a bit

Or instead of taking on a habit that will kill you and cost $2500 or so a year, why don't you just put $600-800 a year a side for a touch up?

It's not a matter of the SMP taking or not taking, it's a matter of getting the correct (dark enough) pigment that it can last a bit longer through the immune system trying to essentially get rid of the SMP. I don't think compromising ones immune system for the sake of getting SMP to "take" is the best idea. Once you quit smoking (if you can at that point), the immune system will pick back up and start attacking the SMP again. Besides, I can't think of many quality women who would want an out of shape smoker, hair or no hair.

My suggestion was merely to stay healthy, get a few more sessions if you need so it can withstand the immune system barrage, and resign yourself to the fact that you may need a touch up every 1-2 years because of your healthy immune system. (I speak from experience as I'm fortunate [and unfortunate in the case of SMP] enough to be in that club).

Ooooooooooo...touch-up every 1-2 yrs??;S

Not for me man

Thats too early...after spending thousands $$$$

Gotta last at least 3-5 yrs

If you got the money...do it

Most might not

I do...and I still wouldnt wanna do touch-ups every 1-2 yrs

Agree 100% that the key is going low enough till you find that shade that doesnt fade away like the others

But was just trying to add something that I "think" may have helped me and my fading issues

And I would also think the exact same way...that your immune system would just pick up right afterwards..to start attacking the ink again

But I think once youve hampered your immune system before and after the session....for a few good months...the ink has settled and healed??

During the more crucial time

So once you stop smoking...its far past that crucial fading/healing time for it to really affect anything

Know what I mean...

(But theres also lots of people...men and women that are very fit...that smoke...doesnt mean youre out of shape just cause you enjoy smoking some

nice quality cigarettes here and there)

As long as you dont chain smoke...or a pack a day...4-5 smokes a day aint that bad

I also believe that tap water is another big fading issue

Especially if youre wet shaving...and letting all that tap water with chlorine bleach in it..soak into your scalp for 15 minutes... everyday you shave your

head with a razor?? And not to forget the shaving cream itself absorbing...which usually has some chemicals or alcohol that can fade

Its gotta add up

Just look how faded your brand new clothes get after only washing them a few times

Obviously the detergent has something to do with that also...but so does the chlorine in the water

I can actually smell the chlorine in the tap water...and especially when it gets up in your nose

So theres quite a bit in there...even more during the winters

Thats why your skin is sooooo damn dry and flaky after taking a warm/hot shower

Foil shave and rinse with bottled spring water...few handfuls all you need

Sounds stupid buts works nice...and moisturizers ur scalp too!...instead of fading and drying it out

And dont even need mositurizer afterwards...or mattifer

Normal minimum shine afterwards

Think about it

Majty

I understand how you feel I was on anti depressents for about 30 yrs and could not look at myself in the mirror without feeling sick , got SMP at 50 yrs old and now actually got a life , dont worry some heads take longer than others but they dont run out of ink lick they run out of doner hair for transplants.

We all look different in every mirror and under every different lighting condition , stop looking at pictures taken with a flash or under heavy lights cos it will look non existant ( just like a guy who has a full head of hair would if he shaved it to the bone ) I hate a lot of the HIS photos and think the you tube videos show it better .

My main problem is I have to remember to keep moisourising my head becouse I have extreamly dry skin which scabs a lot also I have a very bad sun damaged scalp from years of sunbathing - nobody ever comments on my head but folks keep saying I look in my late 20's which is fine cos im 53 , yep like you I also go to the Gym which is far better than Prozac .

Take care and have faith you will get there in the end .

Majty

I understand how you feel I was on anti depressents for about 30 yrs and could not look at myself in the mirror without feeling sick , got SMP at 50 yrs old and now actually got a life , dont worry some heads take longer than others but they dont run out of ink lick they run out of doner hair for transplants.

We all look different in every mirror and under every different lighting condition , stop looking at pictures taken with a flash or under heavy lights cos it will look non existant ( just like a guy who has a full head of hair would if he shaved it to the bone ) I hate a lot of the HIS photos and think the you tube videos show it better .

My main problem is I have to remember to keep moisourising my head becouse I have extreamly dry skin which scabs a lot also I have a very bad sun damaged scalp from years of sunbathing - nobody ever comments on my head but folks keep saying I look in my late 20's which is fine cos im 53 , yep like you I also go to the Gym which is far better than Prozac .

Take care and have faith you will get there in the end .

David I know but still, I do worry because I just want it over and done with - so it does not eat away on my brain anymore.

And I worry about getting a too dense or dark treatment so I will get the dreaded painted-scalp-look that other (not his-hair) clinics have done.

I usually do not study my own pics, but just rely on my own sight while staring in the mirror with or without a lamp on in the same room (I tend to see better with it off as I can see areas less dark much better then).

The pics I provide are just to show others more or less, and to document it :)

Still, I will have my third treatment in two days and I am traveling tomorrow to be there in advance.

I will take pics before and after there too and also when I have shaved for the first time I will take some more pics too, just to document my journey and perhaps someone someday will look at this post and see the roller-coaster I have been on, and if they have experienced anything like it they will know they are not the first or the last ^^

So I had my third session on the 29th of March. These are pics I took April 20th a few hours after a wet shave.
I already see uneven fading this early and also uneven dotting too so I will need a fourth session for sure which I was really really hoping to avoid as each trip including flight/tram/bus/hostel costs me 300 USD each time just to get there.
I have done all after care instructions to the letter too!

This entire area should really have a darker pigment and density to match the sides, which has always been the goal from the start (more visible as thumbnails than as full size for some reason)
post-301548-0-47630800-1492703508_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-04996000-1492703649_thumb.jpg

This is the area that bothers me the most! Its in the hairline (even more too, but that spot is the worst!) and I can clearly see it is less dense there no matter if I am outside in daylight (marking on pic 2, but you can see it on the others too), or I look at the mirror from 2 meters away while having no light on above me - and just some light behind me so it is dim (it is supposed to look even in SOME light at least, or is that only something I should expect in pitch black darkness where I can not see myself at all?....I am disappointed to say the least as I said it was a problem area that I said I wanted fixed.... It got better but not even *sigh*
The third pic below shows how uneven it is, especially visible on the thumbnail. And I have taken pics with and without flash in different lighting conditions so it is not just my imagination. "Third is the magic session".... not really :/
post-301548-0-10025200-1492705430_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-17464900-1492705436_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-91853700-1492705457_thumb.jpg
post-301548-0-99688300-1492705472_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-56853900-1492705486_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-76186800-1492705500_thumb.jpgpost-301548-0-08250800-1492705507_thumb.jpg

Check the last pic and compare the marked area (even some outside of that area) to the other side of the hairline and you will see the density is different.
So I am open to advice....... I know that I will get even more fading in the next few months as that happened the last two times too.

I was gonna say the same thing. I think it looks very natural which is the goal.

With that said, it's not my head, and you deserve what you want. How many sessions did they quote you? I was quoted 3 so I think that means anything needed after 3 is under their guarantee, correct? So if you were quoted 3, $300 is a small price to pay for your happiness. If you were quoted to need more than you probably should have expected it to take more.

It looks natural. But it doesn't match your side hair. You needed much more density.

However taking photos close up, with flash on is not a smart way to see how it looks in real world.

Yes that is the whole problem, it does not match..... And even without any flash and just looking in the mirror with any light whatsoever on in the bathroom from ANY distance be it 3 feet or 15 feet, or even with the light off and just the dim light from my hallway behind me still displays the exact same issues. 

I am getting dead tired from this... should I change practitioner to someone else within HIShair and is that even possible to do?

I was gonna say the same thing. I think it looks very natural which is the goal.

With that said, it's not my head, and you deserve what you want. How many sessions did they quote you? I was quoted 3 so I think that means anything needed after 3 is under their guarantee, correct? So if you were quoted 3, $300 is a small price to pay for your happiness. If you were quoted to need more than you probably should have expected it to take more.

I was quoted "At least 2-3 sessions". So it could be 2-3 or 500 sessions as I got no real firm quote just a "maybe". I was told that if I need a fourth treatment I will have to pay for that too and any more than that will be considered a "touch up" so I would have to pay no matter what as the guarantee does not seem to count at all.

I was assured it would look like the sides and it does not.

My practitioner told me he has guys that come in for a 5th and 6th treatment, but if the changes are so small from each session I do not doubt it.... 

Does HIShair have any policy for changing practitioner within the guarantee? I am not happy at all...

Hi Majty! I honestly can't see anything wrong with that 3:d session. I think it looks great!

Can you take a picture in daylight without the Flash please.

I will do that tomorrow morning. I am not happy at all.... I will try to get a hold of a HIS hair practitioner and ask for advice too... if anyone like that reads this then please contact me! 

I got considerable fading since those latest pics too...