Photo

Swimming - chlorine - and smudging over time?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Swark

Swark

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSouth East

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

I've been looking at the forum and the positive results posted for some time, however there's a number of concerns I have re. the longer term look. Will the treatment take on that smudge look like tattoos generally do over time? And what is the effect from regular exposure to chlorine as I swim regularly - thanks for any responses!

#2 Jonesy68

Jonesy68

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

I've seen several folks with 6 year+ treatments and they still look good. There is always the
option for top-up work later on too so I wouldn't worry about fade/smudging. Not sure about swimming but think so long as you leave the work to heal then shouldn't be an issue and you could also wear a barrier cream if you are concerned. Overall the treatment is amazing and personally I wouldn't let these doubts put you off.
  • HIS - Ed and JayCee like this

#3 Beast

Beast

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

I would assume, a number of weeks or months after the treatment the skin has healed and the treatment is trapped. The top layer of skin should prevent any interference of chlorina in a swimming pool.

#4 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:09 AM

Spot on Beast. Once the initial healing period is over the pigment is permanently sealed beneath the dermis and safe from chlorine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users