Joeyd

What's products are used for reducing shine on head

Hi there

What products are being used as many have said not to use products containing alcohol on the treated area...

What is good to moisturize and reduces the shine on the head?

Try food-grade diatomaceous earth (DE) – I've used it for years on my scalp and in my diet. it's often an ingredient in toothpaste and skin-care products.

DE looks and feels similar to beige talc, but doesn't adhere to your skin and therefore leaves no whitish residue behind. Its matte effect lasts me for hours.

The **tiniest** pinch of it in the palm of your hand is enough to remove oil and shine from your whole scalp, leaving an entirely natural appearance with no alcohol, chemicals, or $$ boutique products. A small 1# bag would probably last you a decade, but make sure it says "food grade" on the label. There are several good DE vendors on Amazon.

Diatomaceous earth is made from the fossilized shells of diatoms, an ancient kind of algae. As time passed, these microscopic shells, consisting mostly of the mineral silica, accumulated in freshwater lake beds and formed huge silica deposits. When mined and ground into powder, it becomes what we call diatomaceous earth. This chalk-like powder is microscopically very hard, coarse, and absorbent, which makes it useful for many things.

Source: https://www.diatomaceousearth.com

A few of the health benefits are discussed here:

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/5-benefits-of-diatomaceous-earth/

Other websites discuss more health benefits. You might want to do a Google search for "diatomaceous earth health benefits" and diatomaceous earth testimonials" for more good information.

Has anyone tried milk of magnesia ... apparently creates a great Matt finish ?

Yep. Works pretty good and lasts several hours but was a bit of a process to get right. Put about a 50 cent piece sized amount in your hand and rub into the head to form a thin layer. Let dry (2-3 min). Finally wipe off the dry, chalky bits of residue with a dry washcloth. I opted to stop as I was boating quite a bit and to save time, I just let it shine.

Monistat chafing relief gel ( feminine product) used to be my go to and worked great for many hours, however at some point a year or so ago, I believe the formula was changed as it no longer got rid of the shine.

Try food-grade diatomaceous earth (DE) – I've used it for years on my scalp and in my diet. it's often an ingredient in toothpaste and skin-care products.

DE looks and feels similar to beige talc, but doesn't adhere to your skin and therefore leaves no whitish residue behind. Its matte effect lasts me for hours.

The **tiniest** pinch of it in the palm of your hand is enough to remove oil and shine from your whole scalp, leaving an entirely natural appearance with no alcohol, chemicals, or $$ boutique products. A small 1# bag would probably last you a decade, but make sure it says "food grade" on the label. There are several good DE vendors on Amazon.

Diatomaceous earth is made from the fossilized shells of diatoms, an ancient kind of algae. As time passed, these microscopic shells, consisting mostly of the mineral silica, accumulated in freshwater lake beds and formed huge silica deposits. When mined and ground into powder, it becomes what we call diatomaceous earth. This chalk-like powder is microscopically very hard, coarse, and absorbent, which makes it useful for many things.

Source: https://www.diatomaceousearth.com

Any chance to see your scalp before and applying it? It sounds awesome! :)

Do you shave with a real razor?

Thats the main culprit right there;S

Try foil shaving and just rinsing quickly

Or no rinsing at all..just wipe ur head with a t-shirt from the hamper

Almost zero shine for me

Might not need anything afterwards for yourself as well

Try it

Hey JoeyD,

apologies Man, i started a new topic about shine, before seeing your topic here.

here was my take on the subject:

I've tried several recommendations , like milk of magnesia, OTC matting creams, etc, looking for matting and antishine agents for SCALP or for guys. Nothing really  there for me.

then i looked at products for girls. Turns out that ladies have been dealing with shiny-oily skin for generations, and they have a multitude of tried and tested products especially made for them. Remember the little powder case that they would carry around in their bags, and dab on at every occasion? thats what its for: to reduce shine!!

So i recently got myself a transparent compressed powder , and guys, it works!  kills shine all over the scalp, evens out scalp tone, lasts for hours, probably all day if you dont sweat, and is easy to apply.
I have several long and shiny scars in the back of my head, courtesy of the nice "Doctors" who did my plugs years ago, and the |SMP does camouflage them to some degree, but the scar skin is particularly shinier than normal skin.  The powder matting agent kills the shine and makes the scar way less noticeable in direct light.

Just be discreet when pulling out your little powder case and dabbing your noggin in public!

When it comes to make-up, no point in reinventing the wheel , the girls have been doing it since the stone age, so we should look at what they do, they know every trick in the book.

for example, just try a search for "best anti shine face powder transparent" on google, amazon, ebay...

btw, mine  cost me 4 or 5 quid on ebay, free ship.

I think people get hung up about the shine thing . Try not to eat oily food. It must be stressful​ if you apply a powder then go around worrying about getting hot. Sweating . And getting shine. Even with a full head of shaved hair your head is gonna get shiny under certain circumstances.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Check out this picture in a recent blog post. The subject of the blog is a celeb client, DJ Munro. In one shot he is next to a very small lad with a buzz cut hair, and the effect of the shine on their heads is near identical. I'm with Dasher, too much is made of the shine.

On 4/6/2017 at 3:19 PM, ed@hishairclinic.com said:

Check out this picture in a recent blog post. The subject of the blog is a celeb client, DJ Munro. In one shot he is next to a very small lad with a buzz cut hair, and the effect of the shine on their heads is near identical. I'm with Dasher, too much is made of the shine.

dj-munrogill-481x855.png