Sign in to follow this  
j03

How long does healing take?

Any forum threads that exemplify what to expect from the healing/downtime? Pictures of the process would be awesome! 

I want to have this done, but can't take too much time off of work. And in the environment I work in, not only is appearance important (and I can't wear a hat!), but I'll definitely be noticed if something is obviously 'off' with my scalp. 

I know it varies from person to person (my skin is quite sensitive), but generally speaking.. 

How many days, realistically, can I expect to look noticeably weird after the treatment?

As far as ensuring people don't notice, I concur with planning 4-5 days away from work or anywhere you can't wear a hat. That's how long you have to wait to shave your head after the procedure as to not disturb the tiny scabs and potentially pull the pigment out. Depending on your amount/type of hair loss, it starts to look pretty goofy after 4-5 days of not shaving, several millimeters long on the sides and back and wet shaved on top where the SMP is. But once you can shave it down every 1-2 days, oh buddy, you're a new, much younger looking man. Beyond that, if I recall correctly, it's 10 days to hit the gym and 30 days to swim/hot tub/sauna.

My scalp was super red after the first session as my skin tone is very pale with a reddish tone.  Redness subsided after 2-3 days.  But after 2nd and 3rd treatment, redness went away pretty quick, usually within a day or so.  

Agree with others with planning time off.  What I did was book the appointments on Thursdays, and working from home on the Friday as well.  This way, I have 4 full days of hiding from people, shave Monday morning and off to work I go.  

My scalp was super red after the first session... But after 2nd and 3rd treatment, redness went away pretty quick, usually within a day or so.

Same here. I only had noticeable redness after session 1, but almost no redness after 2 and 3 which involved lots more needle work. Wonder why?

maybe due to vinnydiesel and me both being fair-skinned?

Hopefully that's the case, as I am super fair/pale as well. Red undertones too. That's what had me worried...

So I should be able to get off work and avoid most human contact for 5 days... But out of curiosity, in those first few days of healing, are hats permitted? I saw Bald2Buzzed mention wearing a hat... Is this safe in that it wouldn't have potential to negatively affect healing? 

But out of curiosity, in those first few days of healing, are hats permitted? ... Is this safe in that it wouldn't have potential to negatively affect healing?

Per my understanding and personal experience, if you have a lightweight/open/loose hat that wouldn't cause heat or sweat, it'd be fine. At least for short times. Let your scalp breathe as much as possible. And, it *must* stay dry at all times.

You shouldn't bet that there's any truth at all to my question about our extra first-session redness since two of us who had this happen were fair-skinned. It might just as easily have been coincidental. At any rate, it was no big deal.

Per my understanding and personal experience, if you have a lightweight/open/loose hat that wouldn't cause heat or sweat, it'd be fine. At least for short times. Let your scalp breathe as much as possible. And, it *must* stay dry at all times.

Mine goes red for a day or two then goes really greasy. So that, is not it being dry? I'm told that it shouldn't have an effect but isn't it just the same as sweating? It's not just a bit greasy ...it's visibly wet. I understand this is the body's reaction to dryness and invasion of the skin. Surely this affects the pigments settling? I've no idea what the solution to this would be.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hopefully that's the case, as I am super fair/pale as well. Red undertones too. That's what had me worried...

So I should be able to get off work and avoid most human contact for 5 days... But out of curiosity, in those first few days of healing, are hats permitted? I saw Bald2Buzzed mention wearing a hat... Is this safe in that it wouldn't have potential to negatively affect healing?

I had zero problems with my healing wearing a loosely adjusted SnapBack ball cap and in fact was assured by my practitioner that this was fine. I made sure I chose a hat that didn't let any light (i.e. Sunlight) through by putting the hat up to the light in the store and making sure no light came through.