#1 The equaliser

The equaliser

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

POPULAR

Thought I'd put my story up. It certainly helped me reading through this forum with the pictures and opinions. I've had 3 sessions done at Manchester with Danny. Delighted with my result. I'm so glad I chose to have this done. My one regret is ( I'm sure this has been said a million times before) that I didn't find out about this treatment sooner. For me it was a no brainer. Even with a full head of hair I still look better with it skin head. I always said before I knew about smp even if I could get a full head of hair back I'd still shave it off. For those who have there hair shaved anyway there's nothing to think about in my opinion. What I will say is this is a process. It's hard for your mind not to go against you scrutinise and get disappointed when it's not how you want it to be after a couple of sessions. I was told 3/4 sessions. I think because I had such I good first session 95% of the pigment stayed in. After the 2nd I expected it to be done. It needed the third, probably a 4th but I'll see how it goes. I started in late November to now mid January. 2 months when I've been bald for over 10 years is a very small price to pay and well worth it. I did everything by the book shaved today...my last session was Wednesday just to make sure. I went with my natural hairline and some sprinkles at the front to lower it a little. Everyone is different. For me I didn't want to go receding or go light in case people called me out. I'd rather be called out than look bald. At the end of the day it's only my opinion that matters. It wouldn't bother me but I know some people struggle with it and I totally get that. So each to there own. People have all sorts done now, men and women. This is seen as bad because ppl don't know about it but they know about eyebrow tattooing n anal bleaching so that's ok ha. Have your smp the way you want it not how you think everyone else wants it or accepts it. Life's way too short. My experience at his has been a very enjoyable one. Danny was fantastic. An expert in delivering smp and a top Lad. His are very lucky to have him. If you debating getting this done. My advice is... do it. The cost is nothing compared to the feeling you get and how much more confidence you feel as a person. You can't put a price on that. Good luck to you all. Here are my before and after pictures. Sorry there crap photos. My excuses are... crap phone camera, lack of ability to take selfies ha not really a selfie person but thought it might help change someone's life. IMG-20161214-WA0003.jpg IMG-20161214-WA0004.jpg IMG-20161214-WA0001.jpg IMG-20161214-WA0002.jpg 20170117_110212.jpg 20170117_102707.jpg 20170117_102700.jpg 20170117_102806.jpg 20170117_102946.jpg Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  • Josh2.0, dasher, HIS - Ed and 2 others like this

#2 otto

otto

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

Looks great man! Thanks for sharing. Hairline looks natural to me, doesn't look as low as I thought it would be based on your description. Idk if its cause of the lighting but I would also consider getting that 4th session as well to darken it up more, but like you said give it some time let things settle. Most important thing is the hairline looks great, you have consistent density all over, it looks sharp all around.
  • HIS - Ed and The equaliser like this

#3 The equaliser

The equaliser

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:55 PM

Thank you otto. Yeah I'd agree mate I'm certain it will need a 4th. Just going to hang on a bit if I can ha as you can see from top pics how I did have it before the smp it's 100% better. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

#4 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:05 PM

Good story. The result really suits you.
>> Simulated hairline.

#5 The equaliser

The equaliser

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

Thank you Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

#6 2hanger

2hanger

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:45 PM

Looks great mate! 

Have you told anybody you was having it done? Has anyone at work noticed? I mean some people tell everyone they've had it done. everyones different!

Thanks!

#7 The equaliser

The equaliser

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

Thank you. Obviously my girlfriend knows but apart from that no one knows yet. That's true everyone is different. No one has noticed at all. My sister Is a hairdresser and my mum was ( retired now) nothing at work. I also run a football team not kids,men if they had noticed... trust me they would not be shy in saying so. Tbh I am booking in for a couple of weeks time for a bit more work. As you can probably see on pictures it's lighter on the top than the front and sides still see a bit of scalp and not total coverage. The hairline I'm happy with just need a bit darker on the top I'm thinking but I'll see what Danny says. I'm 100% confident that Danny and HIS will sort it and make sure I'm 100% happy with my finished look. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  • 2hanger and HIS - Ed like this

#8 2hanger

2hanger

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:33 AM

It looks ace Equaliser! thanks for the info.

I've been on the fence for around 18month now, I just want to see someone in the flesh with it done first before I bite the bullet.. Might treat myself for my 40th lol.

Would you upload some more pics (possibly outside in daylight when you get chance please?) thanks you, P a u l, Manchester ;-)

Like the hairline too!

• HIS - Ed likes this

#9 The equaliser

The equaliser

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:44 AM

Thank you very much. Yes treat yourself mate. It really is good I can't figure out where I had hair n where I didn't n I study it a lot ha. Of course I'll take some outside in the garden when I finish work today no problem. I'm really happy with the hairline thanks. Well I'm from Yorkshire so if you're ever knocking about I'll meet you if I can. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  • 2hanger and HIS - Ed like this

#10 2hanger

2hanger

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:04 AM

Thanks mate! I work in manchester but live in cheshire.

Yes that would be great if you could take a few outdoor shots later on. cheers  :)

I've been shaving mine down to a zero grade since I was about 30, And TBH I've kinda got use to it now and it doesn't bother me that much! But theres always room for improvement haha!!

Started loosing my hair around 27 and the ex Mrs said just bloody shave it off that was 9 yrs ago when I was 30. lol

Catch you later! cheers!

• HIS - Ed likes this

#11 JayCee

JayCee

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

Thanks for sharing your story and pics .... I'm on the countdown to my first session, so seeing pics like yours inspires me so much.

Being completely honest, the transformation is incredible - you look about 10 years younger than in the before pics!!!

I can't wait for mine to start now !!

Thanks again,

Jay :)

• HIS - Ed likes this

#12 The equaliser

The equaliser

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

Thank you for the kind words much appreciated 😊 I'm not really a selfie type of person but I wanted to put my story up in the hope it would inspire someone to get it done. Good luck with your first session sure you'll be delighted with the end result. I'm no expert in smp by any means but I can share with you my experience so any questions I'm happy to help as much as I can. Thanks rich Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  • HIS - Ed and JayCee like this

#13 The equaliser

The equaliser

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:47 PM

POPULAR

Apologies for the picture quality this camera phone is not the best. Think you get a rough idea though. Like I said before I'm due another session in a couple of weeks... so this is not finished by any means. It is a journey and the end result will be worth it. And to say it's not finished it's still way better than before. 20170126_164005.jpg 20170126_163922.jpg 20170126_163909.jpg 20170126_163937.jpg Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  • 2hanger, HIS - Ed and JayCee like this

#14 The equaliser

The equaliser

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

Just to add. It does need shaving as well. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  • 2hanger likes this

#15 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

Extremely natural – it looks absolutely perfect.
>> Simulated hairline.

#16 2hanger

2hanger

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:35 AM

Looks great pal ! I like the hairline too, slightly receding too so looks very natural.. thats what I want !  :)

#17 dasher

dasher

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Locationbirmingham

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:40 AM

Looking sharp ! Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#18 The equaliser

The equaliser

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

POPULAR

It's funny how people's views of your hair or lack of it can change without them noticing. Just been out for a family meal. My mum Brought up the subject of my hair ( she blames my hairdresser sister for the loss of hair cos she left the bleach on too long when I was younger)...load of crap haha but anyway. My sister who has mentioned me being bald and made a joke of it more than a few times. Replied to my mums accusations "he's got hair! Put your head down..now turn to the back! See he has loads of follicles he's just receding a bit at the front" I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing! Like I said this is a hairdresser! Her opinion has changed without her noticing haha. That to come from her n she calls a spade a spade. Is a great result! The power of smp eh 😊😊 Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  • 2hanger, dasher, HIS - Ed and 3 others like this

#19 Dr Mach 3

Dr Mach 3

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

POPULAR

I think it looks great, perfect colour and hairline, best thing you did, I had a similar incident a policeman I sometimes speak to made a joke in the cold I should grow my hair as I'm not bald I have hair, this is coming from a beady eyed old bill hawk eye, its an amazing thing that feeling you get not being the old balding guy. Enjoy your new lease of life.
  • HIS - Ed, The equaliser and JayCee like this

#20 PermanentVacation

PermanentVacation

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:14 PM

POPULAR

You look great and you had the perfect hairline/hair loss for smp. Eventually everyone will forget your old hairline over time and how you looked before, and never most likely remember you were ever losing your hair.

Enjoy :)
  • 2hanger, HIS - Ed, The equaliser and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users