#1 PermanentVacation

PermanentVacation

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:21 PM

POPULAR

I have been lingering on here in and out for a while so I thought it chip in.

I had smp in the summer 2014. I read an article in a men's magazine. Checked out the website and then made an appointment. Looking back I should have maybe been more cautious, but it all seemed legit!
I had a bill Murray in ghostbusters hairline, I fretted my whole 20's over my hair.
Not obsessively but I knew one day I'd have to shave my head. It was always a looming thought.

I have always been the sort of person that could for instance buy a car from a picture.
Don't get my wrong I'm super fussy but I just had an instinct that worked for me

I had my treatment in Birmingham. 2 treatments with a top up.
I'm not sure if I was scared I'd say more excited that this might actually work.

It did !!and I can say it's the best thing I have done for me!
Over time when your scalp calms etc and you get used to it you forget about it.

In 2 or more years only 2 people have been suspicious! Close friends never noticed
My wife loves it... it has taken 10 years of me mentally. At the gym a few weeks ago smp was brought up in conversation and 3 guys who had looked into it never thought anything of my hairline

It shines sometimes if iv just shaved it but so what! it dulls after an hour.
I wet Shave every 2 days and only shave in one direction front to back and down at the sides with maybe a run over here and there.

Il maybe book an appointment for a check this year but in 2 years it has only got better.

I can't say enough about his hair. If I was giving any advice I'd say don't make it a perfect hairline.
Imperfect makes it more real. And don't over think. I still can't believe it sometimes lol

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6156.JPG
  • IMG_6159.JPG
  • IMG_6157.JPG
  • IMG_6162.JPG

• hairhair98, Alec Baldwin, Josh2.0 and 6 others like this

#2 hairguy

hairguy

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:17 AM

It looks really good and natural. You've had it for 2 years and only 2 people have been suspicious? Was it strangers or people you know? Did they ask you about it?
  • PermanentVacation likes this

#3 TherealR9

TherealR9

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:44 AM

🙏 great that mate 👍. Looks brilliant ur treatment. This smp makes u feel like super mario when he's just collected a star. Have to love it 👏
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#4 PermanentVacation

PermanentVacation

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

POPULAR

@hairguy

Strangers but...

The first time was about 3months after getting smp. I was finding my feet and hadn't shaved in 3 days. It was a friend of a friend who was suspicious and I learned then I needed to wet shave every 2 days in one direction which doesn't shave so close.
The friend what was actually with me was what are you on about to the guy that was suspicious.
It was my fault and it would have been different if i had of shaved it.

2nd time it was in a make-up area with super bright lights, the girl was suspicious but she was right up on me. And I passed it of and she was none the wiser and made no more comment.

But in general I have had little or no comments. A close friend was going on about hair transplants once and I told him. He couldn't believe it and said there was something about me he just couldn't put his finger on it. Once I told him he was still in disbelief at how well it looked. I had to him as he was fretting about going bald and I had to give him hope

It's the best thing I have done for me and I have no regrets. It's got better over time and i have almost forgot about it and still in disbelief sometimes.
I shave every 2 days and forget it. I thing shaving in one direction is a good key to avoiding shaving rash

One thing I'd say is that it's a mental thing as well. You have to get over looking for fault and just enjoy it. 99.9% of people don't know what smp is and even if they do it's looks good. Looking back if I'd of Knew of smp was possible the 90's would have been a lot different for me lol.

Thanks for the comments :)
  • hairhair98, 2hanger, HIS - Ed and 1 other like this

#5 HonestDiscussion (HD)

HonestDiscussion (HD)

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:07 AM

2nd time it was in a make-up area with super bright lights, the girl was suspicious but she was right up on me. And I passed it of and she was none the wiser and made no more comment.

What was she suspicious about? Darkness? Dot size? Thanks for your honesty and transparency. It's appreciated.

#6 PermanentVacation

PermanentVacation

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:56 AM

I don't think it was either dot size or darkness as both are pretty much 100% ... I mean people have been closer to my head in brighter light and have thought nothing of it.

I think it was mostly the case of why do you shave your head there must be another reason as she commented on how I'd a great hairline.

I'm being honest when I say close friends relatives have not noticed. My own brother and sister haven't said a word. I never told them and as far as they know I just shaved my head to the skin. My kids as well. And kids pick up everything.

There are 1000's reasons to do it and a few not to. For me it was a no brainer I'm 100% happy and I think a lot of people are from what I see.

I get the thing about it's only as good as the practitioner. Once in a while the odd bad case will slip through. That's life, the practitioners are humans and mistakes are made. It's correcting the mistakes that is the important thing and making sure after care etc is in place.

It's up to his to vet the practioners to make sure they are all 100% fantastic. You trust them to do a good job so they should put everything in place to make sure this happens which I believe they do.

:)
  • Alec Baldwin and 2hanger like this

#7 2hanger

2hanger

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:03 PM

Yours looks amazing mate! spot on PermanentVacation!

I've been looking to spot someone in real life with this procedure for years... And guess what.. Last saturday night I was at a wedding and a friend of a friend (bodybuilder type) walks in and he'd had it done! But I reckon out of 300 guests there was only me who noticed it! why you ask.. Because Im a norwood 5 and I just home in on bald heads all the time! Blokes with hair don't look twice and are not interested.

I never mentioned anything to him or that I wanted it done! It looked amazing too!!

Think I might treat myself to it for my 40th next year!!

• HIS - Ed and the bald ego like this

#8 HonestDiscussion (HD)

HonestDiscussion (HD)

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:52 AM

How did you spot it?

#9 2hanger

2hanger

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:46 AM

Hi Honest Discussion, sorry for the delay!

How did I spot it! Because I sort of know the lad who'd had it done, not seen him for years tho. There was just something slightly different about him! And don't forget Im looking out for  bald heads all the time as Im in the know about HIS and this forum.

Put if this way.. My other mate - who is very good mates with him and trains with him at the gym didn't even notice it and still hasn't as I didn't mention or say anything.

It was impressive! I don't even know if HIS did it. It was sutle with a breaking hairline thats DEFFO the KEY to this procedure!

• HIS - Ed likes this

#10 OlgaJones

OlgaJones

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:33 AM

It looks natural.

#11 OlgaJones

OlgaJones

• HIS Member