Sign in to follow this  
Jeep Guy

Laser for hairline adjustments?

Hi guys, I'm based in Buffalo and had my SMP done in Toronto about a year ago.

It looks great but lately I've been getting a lot of comments about how "perfect" my hairline is and how I should congratulate my barber for the "amazing line-up."

It's flattering, yes, but I'd rather not draw any more attention. The hairline is amazingly straight, it looks good, but I should aim for more realism.

Does HIS offer laser treatment in NY or Toronto area?

I know they offer it in the UK but not sure so sure about NY or Toronto, they might recommend a laser provider around your area though. The main reason I opted for an extremely soft hairline. 

I can't answer your question, but I have a suggestion.

Do you you have room to lower your hairline just a small amount to get the softer edge that you want?

It wouldn't take much lowering at all to make it sufficiently ragged to accomplish your simple goal. Probably lowering it by between just 0-3 mm (varied) would get the job done.

The smallest correction should be enough to soften it, and it's sure easier and cheaper to add than to subtract.

I can't answer your question, but I have a suggestion.

Do you you have room to lower your hairline just a small amount to get the softer edge that you want?

It wouldn't take much lowering at all to make it sufficiently ragged to accomplish your simple goal. Probably lowering it by between just 0-3 mm (varied) would get the job done.

The smallest correction should be enough to soften it, and it's sure easier and cheaper to add than to subtract.

ah snap -- totally forgot that I posed this -- totally shows how much I'm not bothered by this ;-)

it's pretty low but not unrealistically low. I would like to have the corners lasered a bit but I'll talk to a HIS tech and get ideas.

Thanks for the suggestion!