#1 Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMurica

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

Hi guys, I'm based in Buffalo and had my SMP done in Toronto about a year ago.

It looks great but lately I've been getting a lot of comments about how "perfect" my hairline is and how I should congratulate my barber for the "amazing line-up."

It's flattering, yes, but I'd rather not draw any more attention. The hairline is amazingly straight, it looks good, but I should aim for more realism.

Does HIS offer laser treatment in NY or Toronto area?

#2 ZenM111

ZenM111

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:37 PM

I know they offer it in the UK but not sure so sure about NY or Toronto, they might recommend a laser provider around your area though. The main reason I opted for an extremely soft hairline. 

#3 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:11 PM

I can't answer your question, but I have a suggestion.

Do you you have room to lower your hairline just a small amount to get the softer edge that you want?

It wouldn't take much lowering at all to make it sufficiently ragged to accomplish your simple goal. Probably lowering it by between just 0-3 mm (varied) would get the job done.

The smallest correction should be enough to soften it, and it's sure easier and cheaper to add than to subtract.
  • HIS - Ed likes this
>> Simulated hairline.

#4 MrOnTheFence

MrOnTheFence

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:49 AM

I was going to recommend the same as bald ego. It's probably easier, cheaper,less painful and quicker results if you go in for a quick session where the practitioner just breaks up the hairline.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#5 Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMurica

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

I can't answer your question, but I have a suggestion.

Do you you have room to lower your hairline just a small amount to get the softer edge that you want?

It wouldn't take much lowering at all to make it sufficiently ragged to accomplish your simple goal. Probably lowering it by between just 0-3 mm (varied) would get the job done.

The smallest correction should be enough to soften it, and it's sure easier and cheaper to add than to subtract.

ah snap -- totally forgot that I posed this -- totally shows how much I'm not bothered by this ;-)

it's pretty low but not unrealistically low. I would like to have the corners lasered a bit but I'll talk to a HIS tech and get ideas.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• HIS - Ed likes this

#6 Toby0823

Toby0823

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:33 AM

Any updates? It'd be nice if we can spot laser troubled areas. Making "permanent" not so permanent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users