#21 mikeb

mikeb

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationWisconsin USA

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:33 PM

Truly great artwork indeed, amazing what can be done... look great for 62, revolutionary..

• HIS - Ed and the bald ego like this

#22 dasher

dasher

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Locationbirmingham

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:08 AM

Looks fantastic mate. Enjoy it 😉 Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

#23 Dr Mach 3

Dr Mach 3

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:35 PM

Looks awesome mate 15 years younger.

#24 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:32 PM

POPULAR

I don't know which is better – not being bald anymore, or not being gray. I've killed two birds with one stone!
  • hairhair98, MrOnTheFence, Josh2.0 and 2 others like this
>> Simulated hairline.

#25 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:50 PM

POPULAR

SMP has me back to living a normal-feeling life again!

Taken yesterday on a walk with the pup...

c0b19dc62793929719d7145cad549074.jpg
  • Josh2.0, HIS - Ed and Dr Mach 3 like this
>> Simulated hairline.

#26 Gandalfsbanger

Gandalfsbanger

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUnder a hat

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:45 AM

Wow.  Amazing result.  Glad it turned out so well for you.

#27 HonestDiscussion (HD)

HonestDiscussion (HD)

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:37 PM

Love the dog. Your treatment looks good. If I was being critical I would say some of the dots seem to appear a little large although I would have to see it in person before I would know if I was right or not. I realize pictures distort things and aren't 100% accurate of what's going on. I'm guessing they still have some shrinking to do? How do you feel it blends on the side and in the horseshoe area? I hear these areas give alot of people problems especially the horseshoe. Again it does look good from the pictures you provided. But the dot size does jump out a little bit in the front in my opinion.

#28 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:51 AM

HD, the dots are uniform and sized right. There is no way – in real life – to distinguish them from the real thing. Due to my mostly-gray hair, the pigment was blended far into the remaining hair of the sides and back. It is seamless, I think, even to the most critical observer.

I saw a friend yesterday who was visiting from out of state. He had worn "systems" for years, then got scalp reductions, then hair transplant after hair transplant, before giving up and shaving his whole head. You can imagine how eager he was to micro-examine my SMP'd scalp. He spent a good five minutes studying it, from inches away, and then proclaimed it "flawless". He was blown away, and hopes to be able to get ahead enough to do it also. Just like my dermatologist who couldn't detect it when examining my scalp, and other friends who were hoping (in vain) to find some flaw with it, there is NO way to tell that it's not factory-original hair.

An anecdote from tonight:

I stopped at the health food store to pick up a couple of items. I told the cashier to include a senior discount, to which she replied, "Right... maybe in 20 years or so." I had to pull out my driver's license to prove my age, and told her, "See – in eight years I'll be 70." As soon as she saw my license, she shrieked, "No way, You're way older than my mother. That can't be." She just kept staring.

Before SMP, those sorts of things never happened to me. Wherever I go, I get checked out and hit on now. I spent the last 40 years feeling ugly, and now that I'm old people are paying attention – that's crazy.

Life's good since SMP.
  • HIS - Ed and Gandalfsbanger like this
>> Simulated hairline.

#29 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:21 AM

HD, the dots are uniform and sized right. There is no way – in real life – to distinguish them from the real thing. Due to my mostly-gray hair, the pigment was blended far into the remaining hair of the sides and back. It is seamless, I think, even to the most critical observer.

I saw a friend yesterday who was visiting from out of state. He had worn "systems" for years, then got scalp reductions, then hair transplant after hair transplant, before giving up and shaving his whole head. You can imagine how eager he was to micro-examine my SMP'd scalp. He spent a good five minutes studying it, from inches away, and then proclaimed it "flawless". He was blown away, and hopes to be able to get ahead enough to do it also. Just like my dermatologist who couldn't detect it when examining my scalp, and other friends who were hoping (in vain) to find some flaw with it, there is NO way to tell that it's not factory-original hair.

An anecdote from tonight:

I stopped at the health food store to pick up a couple of items. I told the cashier to include a senior discount, to which she replied, "Right... maybe in 20 years or so." I had to pull out my driver's license to prove my age, and told her, "See – in eight years I'll be 70." As soon as she saw my license, she shrieked, "No way, You're way older than my mother. That can't be." She just kept staring.

Before SMP, those sorts of things never happened to me. Wherever I go, I get checked out and hit on now. I spent the last 40 years feeling ugly, and now that I'm old people are paying attention – that's crazy.

Life's good since SMP.

As good an SMP anecdote as I have ever read, it's got everything! Many thanks.

• WestSide and Gandalfsbanger like this

#30 Gandalfsbanger

Gandalfsbanger

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUnder a hat

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:37 AM

Delighted to hear that life is good post SMP.

I'm 24 and can't wait for the day when I'm asked for ID again.

#31 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:55 PM

READ THIS TIP IF YOU USE A ROTARY SHAVER!!

By experimentation, I found an illogical way to make my Norelco rotary shaver work much better and faster. If you have a Norelco, try this tip and I'll bet that you never go back to using your shaver the old way again.

Quit gripping your Norelco by the handle. Instead, hold it backwards, letting the handle rest between your index and middle fingers, behind your hand.

Then, your fingers will naturally land on the "floating heads", allowing you to comfortably apply more blade contact exactly where needed on your skin.

You can ignore the handle altogether, since it rests between your fingers without gripping it. This lets your hand stay relaxed, and then you can use your fingers behind each of the three floating heads to follow the contours of your scalp and beard way more efficiently.

By doing this, you'll make far fewer passes over the skin, and the shaver mimics the comfort and ease of a HeadBlade. Because your fingers are right next to the skin, it's easy to find any spots of missed stubble while you're working.

Here are two pics:

The first is a closeup of me holding the shaver between my index and middle fingers, using my fingertips behind the floating heads to get more uniform contact and pressure on the skin contours.

In the second pic, you can't see my index finger, but you can see how the handle is no longer gripped, and how my fingers keep perfect control of the shaver's skin contact points.

Try it – and let me know what you think!

a2345ad39d2eecc876a6b3a02640e420.jpg
e129edbec651a532e67a12a8263e0052.jpg
  • HIS - Ed likes this
>> Simulated hairline.

#32 HonestDiscussion (HD)

HonestDiscussion (HD)

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:13 PM

Your smp looks great in that picture. Really natural. What shades were used if you don't mind me asking?
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#33 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:35 PM

POPULAR

Your smp looks great in that picture. Really natural. What shades were used if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks – it's been almost a month now, and everything is settling in nicely. My shades were #36 and #38.
  • WestSide, HIS - Ed and HonestDiscussion (HD) like this
>> Simulated hairline.

#34 Lotalpech

Lotalpech

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:50 AM

@thebaldego your head looks fantastic mate!

That´s incredible, if i don´t know your age i say that you are in your 40 o.O

How do you take care of your skin? I wish can look like you at the same age! haha

Awesome results and simply brilliant.

Thanks for the post

• HIS - Ed likes this

#35 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:52 PM

POPULAR

That´s incredible, if i don´t know your age i say that you are in your 40 o.O

How do you take care of your skin? I wish can look like you at the same age! haha

Some may be genetics. I've been a health food nut and 99% vegan for over 40 years – that probably helped. But I'm surprised my skin has held up so well, actually, because I brutalized it for about 20 years outdoors in San Diego playing sports (biking, running, beach volleyball, ocean swimming, etc.) year-round with no sun protection at all. I cooked my head for at least three hours a day, and should look like a dried-up old raisin by now. Go figure. It's pretty funny when I go to the store and ask for my senior discount, and they look at me like WTF.

Anyway, thank you kindly – you made my day.
  • Lotalpech, HIS - Ed and Gandalfsbanger like this
>> Simulated hairline.

#36 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:18 AM

Yah, camera pics can be deceiving

Even show things that aren't actually there

Blotches, or weird spots, etc

But your pics look real good...Id like someone to try and call that out in public, yah right

And it does take a month...sometimes 2 for dots to fully shrink...just for anyone reading not to panic right away and run to the laser clinic! Ha

And damn I wish I lived in ur neighbourhood, ha

Looks super nice

Its gonna be snowing here in about a month or so!...and theres barely any grass in the whole city of Toronto, ha

• HIS - Ed likes this

#37 WestSide

WestSide

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationLos angeles

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:47 AM

f381fd64db5929e1b8ae2b67ba68a9f2.jpg

wow you look amazing!!!!! love this!!!

#38 Ryanpauls0

Ryanpauls0

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:10 PM

Wow! My best example of Smp ever! You look fantastic!

#39 nicolas

nicolas

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationecuador

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:49 PM

You look super natural and appears like mine age 40 years ...wonderful!

#40 the bald ego

the bald ego

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:31 PM

Thanks, I really appreciate the nice feedback from everybody about my SMP.
  • HIS - Ed likes this
>> Simulated hairline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users