Sign in to follow this  
the bald ego

My SMP final result @ HIS/LA

Love the dog. Your treatment looks good. If I was being critical I would say some of the dots seem to appear a little large although I would have to see it in person before I would know if I was right or not. I realize pictures distort things and aren't 100% accurate of what's going on. I'm guessing they still have some shrinking to do? How do you feel it blends on the side and in the horseshoe area? I hear these areas give alot of people problems especially the horseshoe. Again it does look good from the pictures you provided. But the dot size does jump out a little bit in the front in my opinion.

HD, the dots are uniform and sized right. There is no way – in real life – to distinguish them from the real thing. Due to my mostly-gray hair, the pigment was blended far into the remaining hair of the sides and back. It is seamless, I think, even to the most critical observer.

I saw a friend yesterday who was visiting from out of state. He had worn "systems" for years, then got scalp reductions, then hair transplant after hair transplant, before giving up and shaving his whole head. You can imagine how eager he was to micro-examine my SMP'd scalp. He spent a good five minutes studying it, from inches away, and then proclaimed it "flawless". He was blown away, and hopes to be able to get ahead enough to do it also. Just like my dermatologist who couldn't detect it when examining my scalp, and other friends who were hoping (in vain) to find some flaw with it, there is NO way to tell that it's not factory-original hair.

An anecdote from tonight:

I stopped at the health food store to pick up a couple of items. I told the cashier to include a senior discount, to which she replied, "Right... maybe in 20 years or so." I had to pull out my driver's license to prove my age, and told her, "See – in eight years I'll be 70." As soon as she saw my license, she shrieked, "No way, You're way older than my mother. That can't be." She just kept staring.

Before SMP, those sorts of things never happened to me. Wherever I go, I get checked out and hit on now. I spent the last 40 years feeling ugly, and now that I'm old people are paying attention – that's crazy.

Life's good since SMP.

As good an SMP anecdote as I have ever read, it's got everything! Many thanks.

READ THIS TIP IF YOU USE A ROTARY SHAVER!!

By experimentation, I found an illogical way to make my Norelco rotary shaver work much better and faster. If you have a Norelco, try this tip and I'll bet that you never go back to using your shaver the old way again.

Quit gripping your Norelco by the handle. Instead, hold it backwards, letting the handle rest between your index and middle fingers, behind your hand.

Then, your fingers will naturally land on the "floating heads", allowing you to comfortably apply more blade contact exactly where needed on your skin.

You can ignore the handle altogether, since it rests between your fingers without gripping it. This lets your hand stay relaxed, and then you can use your fingers behind each of the three floating heads to follow the contours of your scalp and beard way more efficiently.

By doing this, you'll make far fewer passes over the skin, and the shaver mimics the comfort and ease of a HeadBlade. Because your fingers are right next to the skin, it's easy to find any spots of missed stubble while you're working.

Here are two pics:

The first is a closeup of me holding the shaver between my index and middle fingers, using my fingertips behind the floating heads to get more uniform contact and pressure on the skin contours.

In the second pic, you can't see my index finger, but you can see how the handle is no longer gripped, and how my fingers keep perfect control of the shaver's skin contact points.

Try it – and let me know what you think!

a2345ad39d2eecc876a6b3a02640e420.jpg

e129edbec651a532e67a12a8263e0052.jpg

Yah, camera pics can be deceiving

Even show things that aren't actually there

Blotches, or weird spots, etc

But your pics look real good...Id like someone to try and call that out in public, yah right

And it does take a month...sometimes 2 for dots to fully shrink...just for anyone reading not to panic right away and run to the laser clinic! Ha

And damn I wish I lived in ur neighbourhood, ha

Looks super nice

Its gonna be snowing here in about a month or so!...and theres barely any grass in the whole city of Toronto, ha

Would you say you look like you shave the back & sides and buzz the top ? I take it the grey hair just about disappears when shaved down but you can see the hairline so if I was particularly observant I might wonder why I can see follicles on the top and not the back/ side.

I still can't see anything at the sides.Looks great but I know that hair is always more prominent at the sides than the top, unless you choose to cut it shorter at the sides. I know you shave all over the same but if asked I'd say I shaved the sides/back and buzzed the topbas that's the look you have.