Sign in to follow this  
Ashp18

Do i have to wet shaved for smp to work???

Hi guys seems everyone has a different opinion on this so I'm struggling to figure out what is true, I'm having my smp done in november I still have some hair on tops but almost all gone on crown, I really don't like the idea of wet shaving my head I much prefer the studdle look will i be able to get away with it tho?

You don't have to but it looks best wet shaved.. Like I said if u got a lot of hair left youl be fine its the Norwood 2000s that def have to wet shave. When you wet shave you leave a flat folicle shadow over your head which is exactly what smp does.. Wet shaving simply allows the treatment to flow and blend better.. A lot of people start out buzzing there head but end up wet shaving soon after..

You don't have to but it looks best wet shaved.

Long before SMP, I wet shaved for 10 years. What a PITA ordeal that was. I'm really happy with the closeness I get with just a quick electric buzz in the morning. It leaves a barely-perceptible stubble that's good for the whole day.

The Norelco 99% solution is good enough for me. Maybe for Christmas and birthdays I'll wet shave. ????

Ye I can't believe wet shaved is the only way, I don't mind a close shave but I'm defo not interested in having it look proper to the scalp, I think I'd rather not have the treatment if thst was my only option, also ppl would question my choice alot if I did wet shave because the ppl I know, know I'd never ever go for the to the skin look so would raise far more questions for me

You don't have to but it looks best wet shaved.. Like I said if u got a lot of hair left youl be fine its the Norwood 2000s that def have to wet shave. When you wet shave you leave a flat folicle shadow over your head which is exactly what smp does.. Wet shaving simply allows the treatment to flow and blend better.. A lot of people start out buzzing there head but end up wet shaving soon after..

Thats is me, went through 2 or 3 shavers but ended up using that headblade razor. I will never go back to a shaver again.

I usually wet shave.  Half way through the day if I want to head out and feel i bit more confident that nothing is looking fishy I'll quickly use my electric shaver for a quick "touch up" and it looks fine.

Heres the thing...when I say electric shaver it's still shaving "to the bone" so to speak.  A lot of electric shavers don't come exactly as close as a regular razor blade but just to be clear we aren't talking about leaving a "buzzed" look.

Before I started my SMP...I thought I would be using a "balding clipper"..and be fine

Basically "0" grade

But that's not even anywhere close enough;S

I didn't think Id have to foil shave against the grain or wet shave against the grain...and frankly didn't want that close of a shave

BUT you DO get used to it after only a few weeks...and end up preferring it!

Cause you might be able to get away with 48 hrs between shaves

Balding clipper or even crappy foil shaver that doesn't shave close like it should...right after shaving theres already a mismatch and that 3D stubble look;S

And youd have to shave like every 6 hrs, ha!

Start foil shaving...ur head should be perfectly smooth in every direction...and youll get used to that closeness in no time

And it wont be an issue like it is now

We ve all been through it

3D stubble look gives you away everytime..and looks terrible IMO...waayyyy too obvious

Foil shaving is my favourite...takes about 15 mins total....cause you do have to go over the same spot a few times

But so does using a real razor

And wet shaving is very messy for me...and the blades get clogged up bad almost every stroke...never tried "Headblade cartridges"...do know they have a better design for rinsing through

Wet shaving is nice cause of the super fresh feeling you get afterwards...all that deadskin shaved off

But I cut myself frequently...so then have to foil shave for the next week or so anyways...so whats the point...just foil shave in the first place

And faaarrrrr less shine foil shaving...then wet shaving

Buzzing ur head quickly with an electric foil shaver is so easy....basically never cut yourself...rarely ever...very low shine...doesn't dry out ur head like shaving cream does...

don't even need moisturizer when done...and go to work

Only con...is that the foil shavers can be LOUD

So if you live with ur girlfriend or have roomates...or are married...and work dayshift...6-7am foil shaving LOUD BUUZZZZZZINGGG wake-up calls might not be cool with people

trying to sleep! Ha

So before bedtime would have to be your routine

But bottomline...shaved head must be maintained for that slick badass look!

Everytime Id wet shave...it kinda looked like mine faded as well

I think its the crap in the shaving creams....EDGE...that's what I used??

Probably alcohol in it most likely...or some other toxic crap that doesn't need to be in there

"They" love poisoning us!

Or cause of all the chlorinated (bleach filled) tap water that we all have...soaking into my head over and over while wet shaving

Tap water does has lots of chlorine bleach in it

More than youd think

Cant be good to be always soaking that into ur head everyday you wet shave for 15-20 mins every morning?

I use an old discounted BRAUN Interface 3105...single foil...best shaver ever

My foil and cutter lasted for 15 yrs of facial shaving...and about 1.5 yrs of head shaving

Just finally changed the foil and cutter bar, ha

Bought a WAHL 5 Star Shaver (burgundy and gold model)...twin foil...powerful, lightweight... but super cheap foils;S

They crack if you use any kind of pressure within weeks...and they cost like $30 bucks CAN$ each!

So gonna scrap that one soon I think for good...or keep it as an emergency shaver if ever needed

Everytime Id wet shave...it kinda looked like mine faded as well

I think its the crap in the shaving creams....EDGE...that's what I used??

Probably alcohol in it most likely...or some other toxic crap that doesn't need to be in there

"They" love poisoning us!

Or cause of all the chlorinated (bleach filled) tap water that we all have...soaking into my head over and over while wet shaving

Tap water does has lots of chlorine bleach in it

More than youd think

Cant be good to be always soaking that into ur head everyday you wet shave for 15-20 mins every morning?

I use an old discounted BRAUN Interface 3105...single foil...best shaver ever

My foil and cutter lasted for 15 yrs of facial shaving...and about 1.5 yrs of head shaving

Just finally changed the foil and cutter bar, ha

Bought a WAHL 5 Star Shaver (burgundy and gold model)...twin foil...powerful, lightweight... but super cheap foils;S

They crack if you use any kind of pressure within weeks...and they cost like $30 bucks CAN$ each!

So gonna scrap that one soon I think for good...or keep it as an emergency shaver if ever needed

So you only wash your head in rainwater ? just becuase your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you! ;)

I use a couple handfuls of bottled spring water

Maybe amounts to half a cup every other day shaving...that's nothing

Zero chlorine bleach in that

See how smart I am;) ha

I did it mostly for after sessions...to encourage best healing possible and no possible extra unwanted fading issues??

Make sense

First few weeks and months for any tattoo are important

But lil bit of spring water can be used for the long haul??...why not, right

Rainwater would be far worse than tap water, ha, with all the "chemtrails" theyre spraying everyday

Youtube "chemtrails"

All that crap gets rained down on us;S