Chicago (After 3 treatments)Chicago
Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:42 AM
New to the forum. Had my first 3 treatments performed in Chicago this past December and January. I am pleased with the results and highly recommend the practitioner working there. He is quite personable and very skilled at his job. He definitely made the whole procedure very comfortable for me. Not being from Chicago, I took advantage of the situation and made a little holiday out of it with my wife each time we went. Going in the winter was great for me as the hotels were far cheaper and I could comfortably wear a beanie in the cold weather while my head recovered. Lots of great restaurants and things to do all within walking distance.
How I feel - All I can say is, man, it feels good to ditch the ball cap after all these years. Very liberating. I also think my clothes look a lot better on me now that I have a hairline, especially my work clothes. Now, I just have to get in better shape (hit the gym) to really complete the look.
Now that the pigments have had time to fully settle, I have decided to get a 4th treatment to just fill it out a bit more with a slightly darker pigment and work on the fading around the sides. I prefer the illusion of the shaved sides with a little growth on top. I believe I can achieve this with 1 more visit. Wish me luck as my appointment is rapidly approaching!
Just a few tips I have for anyone considering doing this procedure for the 1st time -
1) If you have a difficult schedule to work around, make sure you book well in advance to get the exact days you want.
2) Before you go, consider asking your doctor to prescribe you some pain killers (i.e. Vicodin) to help dull the pain when getting the procedure. I personally found it very helpful as I experienced both procedures with and without medication. It's tolerable without, but I just found it much more comfortable when I took them. I also heard something about a tattoo numbing cream, but I am not privy on the details of that.
3) If you are from out of town, take advantage of the situation and make a mini-vacation out of it. I researched restaurants and places to go and had a blast. Definitely made the whole thing a lot more enjoyable for me.
- hairhair98, Josh2.0, HIS - Ed and 2 others like this
Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:15 AM
You make a really good point about your clothes looking better on you... due in no small part I think to the fact that it is very difficult to find an outfit that matches a ball cap or a beanie and let you look smart.
- threepointer78 and Miguel like this
Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:13 PM
How have things been? Have you scheduled your 4th treatment? I was curious to know if you went in knowing what type of hairline you wanted or if your practitioner made suggestions or a combo of both?
- HIS - Ed likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users