gainz

Fading touch ups and future

So I was thinking, when people get older their hair starts to turn grey. So for those ppl who have black ink and other Colors how will smp look then?

In terms of touch ups. Say a person needs a touch up every 3 to 5 years due to fading. What happens when the head gets touched up several times to the point where there is no more space between the dots? At that point the helmet look is born, is it not?

Further there is no way a practioner is not gonna be placing dots on top of dots with all the additional touch ups.

It is bound to happen

Can anyone show a legit picture of someone other Ian who has had this treatment for 5 years and up?

When fading happens does the ink just fade a bit lighter turning to a grey ink? I went over a lot of the pics and I must say there are some really good ones but some ppl's pics on here look dead ass obvious that they got a horror story on their head.

Thoughts ???

i'd like to know this too.

Wht happens when you go for touch up sessions to deal with fading down the track..? will it look the same, because I sure hope so..

Imean if I got it done last year and i need a touch up in 2 years time, what happens when I need another touch up after that? Will it look the same??

Mach 3, totally agree with you less is more with the touch ups and yes we need more pics of people who have had this longer than 5 years.

For me that's the key. If I can find enough hard evidence of people who have had this treatment for a lengthy amount of time (5 years and up) with no issues and next to no fading no helmet looks and no smudge. I would book it for sure. I'm lucky I'm not a bald shiny ass dome head yet. I'm certainly heading in that direction I'd say 4 to 5 years and I'll be one of those dudes. But hopefully I can get what I'm looking for on this site that will lead me into booking with hishair.

Ed,

Thank you for your reply. I will certainly look this guy up. It's sad that if people had a great treatment after 5 years they don't come back and post In order to give back to the community. I understand ppl move with their lives and stuff but this would greatly help ppl like myself seriously considering this treatment.

Perhaps his should go into their archives and contact past clients who have had this treatment 5 years and up and ask them if they wouldn't mind posting pics ? Long shot but a thought.

Also yes that guy out of hotel rooms yikes man. Just watching that guy screams fishy. How on earth is he claiming to be the biggest company in the world ? That makes me laugh. Their website is a joke I'm surprised he's still in the game.

With regard to the hair color. Bald eagle is already grey I speak on the assumption that me for example... I got black hair now. So if I do smp and get black what happens in 20 years when they all start to turn grey ?

gainz, I saw you've been on the forum for over a year. Any closer to deciding? Have you had a consult?

I think everyone's major fear is, "Will it work for *me*?" Even after seeing many amazing pics online and reading countless anecdotes of satisfied clients, I still had the same nagging insecurity. Then I realized that nothing would put my mind at rest other than to sit in a practitioner's chair and go through the process. Life is a crapshoot – you can inform yourself all day long with the best information, but there is no crystal ball, or "OFF" switch to stop our mental panic button.

i'd like to know this too.

Wht happens when you go for touch up sessions to deal with fading down the track..? will it look the same, because I sure hope so..

Imean if I got it done last year and i need a touch up in 2 years time, what happens when I need another touch up after that? Will it look the same??

It will look the same, unless you request a change in style, density or hairline. Check out the thread on SMP FUE combo for a recent picture of Ian Watson. The first ever HIS client, I do not know how many touch ups he has had over the years but it still looks fresh.

Bald ego,

I have had a consultation and met with Ian Watson before. He is super nice and professional. He even let me touch his head and examine it up close.

To me it did look good however it is the various lighting conditions and the future of this treatment that holds me back. Like I think the best is yet to come for this treatment. In addition I want to know for sure how someone's head will look after 10 years of this treatment . How many touch ups, degree of fading etc.

Compared to everyone on this forum I got way more hair. You guys are all Norwood 99283728839292 lol. I got at least a couple years left.

Alright folks, it's been a while. I spotted a guy down the park today with what was an obvious SMP at least to me so I suppose that's why I ended up back on here.

It was the hairline. The guy was at least 40 but his hairline was really sharp and defined and at its most dense at the front, although he had kept it high to be age appropriate. Just looked like a poorly executed job. I had as good a look as I could without being obvious and the rest of his head looked fine. No smudged helmet look except the front.

For me the hairline and first inch or so back are critical. From certain angles and lighting this is the area which is easiest to spot it. Keep it sparse and even with signs of recession / thinning and you're fine. That's certainly the way I'd go if I was doing it all over again. If I was ever to get a touch up I'd keep it as sparse as possible at the front and miss out the temples completely.

Yeah, i think not having any recession is the biggest give away on SMP.  Here is a post i wrote a while back, with a few pictures of what i was talking about.  The temples aren't that big of a deal to me, because lots of natural temples are surprisingly sharp, but if you want to look the most natural, having a bit of a receding hairline helps the most IMO.

http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/6776-just-scheduled-smp-in-nyc-any-advice/?do=findComment&comment=76105

That being said, the general public probably might not think a non-receded hairline on a 30+ guy is odd... but for those that know about SMP (namely us!), it jumps right out sometimes.  

Mostly a personal thing though, some older guys prefer the look, and i've seen it look fine in some cases.  Just depends on how bold you want to be with your SMP.