14 replies to this topic

#1 Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:11 AM

Ciao

I had my second session just over two weeks ago. Despite uneven fading and, as the subject of this post is, a somewhat uneven hairline, i'm happy with the current results.

I hadn't really noticed the unevenness of the hairline until last night after taking a couple of random selfies. I usually use Snapchat for the impromptu moments of vanity, but last night I chose to use the default camera app of my telephone. The difference between the two, for those that may not know, is that when taking selfies on Snapchat the end result is a mirror image, whereas with the default camera app the result is flipped. Hence it was not until I walked down the mysterious path of non-Snapchat that I noticed what appears to be a rather slanted and uneven hairline.

I'll attach images below. Would anyone mind recommending some alterations?

(P.S. Please excuse my poor English. I've lived only in the UK for four years.)

Grazie molto!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0217.JPG
  • DSC_0218.JPG
  • DSC_0219.JPG

#2 Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:16 AM

One more

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1380.JPG

#3 DodgyBarnet

DodgyBarnet

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:55 PM

POPULAR

I think it looks good to me and very natural. Besides, you don't want it completely symmetrical as it will look too perfect and fake.
  • Josh2.0, HIS - Ed and Beast like this

#4 hairhair1

hairhair1

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:28 PM

Damn id kill to have that hairline :P
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#5 Cutlass18

Cutlass18

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:41 AM

POPULAR

Maaaaaaybe its a touch uneven

Maybe a few more dots in the middle sections??

But that's about it

Definitely dont want a perfect hairline...as much as you think you might

Cause once you do...youll regret it most likely

Then have to pay extra for another session to get it broken-up again

Or if you go too dense and too straight...maybe need laser?;S

Take it from us on here...easy does it

No real dense straight hairlines whatsoever

Lil less is more in the end

But this is hard to know and believe unless you've gone or almost gone a lil too far yourself

Only thing I could think of...is maybe getting a felt tipped pen...and adding a few dots here and there

And seeing what it looks like before ever getting anything actually done??

Go to an art store...and get a greyish fine felt tipped pen?

Its amazing how just a few dots can really screw things up

Too dense and too straight

Or not dense enough;S

Welcome to SMP

It can drive you crazy if youre after perfection

Do what you think you wanna do...but just take it easy...session by session...that's the key

• HIS - Ed, Dr Mach 3 and SMP4me like this

#6 HonestDiscussion (HD)

HonestDiscussion (HD)

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

What shade is that? What Norwood?

#7 gainz

gainz

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:18 AM

This automobile is critical on a perfect hairline yet his profile pic shows one? lol Ha! :ph34r:  too easy to pick on this knob.

Anyway, your first thing pics look stellar imo. But your 4th pic to me doesn't look natural i'm not sure if it's the lighting but could you take more pics in different lighting conditions.

Thank you

#8 Dr Mach 3

Dr Mach 3

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:52 AM

Looks good don't seek perfection less is more with this, gainz- this treatment can look completely different in different lights sometimes it looks a1 other lights it vanished that's just something you have to accept if you go ahead mate, I can assure you, if you take the step your life will change, its normal to feel nervous and critical. Looking in the mirror and nor seeing a horseshoe anymore is an amazing feeling. Knowones even looked twice at my head, even people I thought would spot it straight away didn't..
  • buzzcut and HIS - Ed like this

#9 gainz

gainz

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

thanks Dr Mach 3 for the honest feed back. I have seen the treatment look amazing in some lighting conditions and in other lighting conditions it looks absolutely dreadful. You are right, something you have to live with. It's just another worry about having to dodge certain lighting conditions and then having to worry about being called out. I mean imagine at a wedding ??? get all kinds of lighting man that would be a nightmare.

I'm still wondering when are we going to get the new pics of Ian Watson after the FUE. To be honest if the smp is really that good or advanced or what have you and Ian is totally happy with it. What did he even get fue? anybody know?

• HIS - Ed likes this

#10 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:18 PM

Haha. I agree Gainz, it would be a nightmare to get called out at a wedding - but it would be a pretty sad event where your head became the focus for anyone's attention... plenty to distract at a wedding... Food, bridesmaids, dance floor, booze, the next fight...

The problem might be your starting position of assuming there is ever a likelihood of getting called out with a good SMP. The first hand experience of so many on here testifies to the opposite.

I will answer the Ian/FUE question in the Ian FUE Combo thread...

• gainz likes this

#11 gainz

gainz

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:16 AM

Well said Ed

#12 sparklefingers

sparklefingers

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGloucestershire

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:49 PM

can anybody tell me (and yes I've had it done, 3 years now)  how they cope with being in bars at night, when the light shines off your head and you look...um....BALD, its a complete give away, I use some powder and creams but if you sweat, you are done. 

I dont regret the procedure, but to say it now seems like I have hair would be in accurate and a joke to be honest. anybody feel the same????? 

#13 HonestDiscussion (HD)

HonestDiscussion (HD)

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:03 AM

SparkleFingers- That's why you shouldn't try to make it look like you have stubble. If you want it to be realistic you have to match a completely wet shaved against the grain look and go as light as possible. Unless you have lots of hair left. You definitely should be paranoid if you try to make it match hair growth (when you are completely bald) because like you said it will disappear under certain lighting. On a real head of thick stubble this wouldn't happen to the degree it does with smp. On the other hand a thick wet shaved head of hair would disappear under certain lighting. For completely bald people the only way this procedure works is matching a wet shave against the grain and with tiny dots. Anything else will get picked up on regardless if someone let's you know they know. I know a super nice guy who wears a hairpiece. He's rich and probably pays alot for it. It doesn't look that bad but I spotted it instantly. Just because I don't call him out on it doesn't mean I don't know. I would rather wet shave and have no smp than have one that is detectable. Some people feel the opposite. Their choice.
  • dasher and Dr Mach 3 like this

#14 JumpingJack

JumpingJack

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

looks great to me

#15 SMP4me

SMP4me

• HIS Member