Sign in to follow this  
dasher

pics attached would value some comments

Hd. I'm interested mate.you any nearer getting it done ? Would be really interested to see your results ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hey Dasher hope you're good mate. I'm still undecided. I have the cash saved to get it done. Just not sure. I guess I have to see it in person. At my job I see a lot of bald heads. Some with Norwood 7's similar to you and I shaven down on the sides. I'm often a couple feet away sitting next to them or a little farther for extended periods of time. I try to picture how the smp would look if they had it. And whether I'm right or wrong my mind convinces me it would be detectable if I just continued to stare at their head in that close of proximity. Now I'm not saying this intuition is correct but it's just what my gut tells me. I think that's why I would have to see someone like yours (basically same pattern of baldness and hair color) in person to really be convinced and get it done. At the end of the day I think I would rather just continue to have to deal with the stupid light horseshoe pattern and no shadow on top OPPOSED to having it done and having it be able to be picked up on if stared at for a long time at close ranges. That's just me. I understand that it may very well be that some will contend THAT IT WOULDN'T be picked up by someone close and staring for a long time. Again I'm not saying they are wrong but I think it would take seeing it in person to have me convinced. Before I seen your pics and another guy who had one similar to yours I was 90 % not getting it done. Although seeing yours I'm back at 50%.

Looking at your pics though I'm persuaded to say it would pass my inspection in the situation I described in the above post. It may truly be undetectable at close ranges for extended periods of time being able to be looked at. I just would have to see it in person. From the pictures it seems like it would pass the test. But again i don't know.

Don't want to 'piss on your chips' but you did ask for opinions...

From what I see from your pictures you still look like a 'bald guy' - IMHO what I would want to achieve is a 'hairline' and the look of a guy with a full head of shaven hair!

However, if you are happy with your treatment then really that is all that matters.

Don't want to 'piss on your chips' but you did ask for opinions...

From what I see from your pictures you still look like a 'bald guy' - IMHO what I would want to achieve is a 'hairline' and the look of a guy with a full head of shaven hair!

However, if you are happy with your treatment then really that is all that matters.

Thanks for your opinion would really like to see some high quality pics of your treatment so I can see what kind of hairline I should be aiming for if I get a touch up. :)

Hey man very good pictures. Of the first set of pictures you posted. I would have to say pics 2 And 6 look a little off. I think it's the lighting that's what scares me. But overall great pics man. Your before and after , his hair should pay you to use those photos.

Hey man very good pictures. Of the first set of pictures you posted. I would have to say pics 2 And 6 look a little off. I think it's the lighting that's what scares me. But overall great pics man. Your before and after , his hair should pay you to use those photos.

Cheers gainz

Yeah thought about if but from a cost and maintenence perspective I don't think I would mate . I would imagine the cost of any touch ups would go up alot.

I'm wondering if anyone has had more of there head done than just the top and part the way down the sides ? Maybe fading happens more on top so top ups might not be so bad. But I don't know.

Ed, you know of any clients had the whole head done ?and any idea of cost for a whole head touch up ? Is it even normally needed ?

Struggling to remember a name but there was someone last year who had their remaining hair removed with laser prior to having a whole head SMP. It does away with any possible issues around blending the hairline of course.

As for touch ups. no reason why they should be more or less prone to requiring touch ups than any other SMP treatment, so on average 4 to 5 years. According to how far down the Norwood scale you were at the start there would probably be a small uplift in the cost too... but what proportion of the head is actually taken up by that little horseshoe of remaining hair? Between 10 and 20% maybe? Which would be reflected in the uplift in cost I imagine.

So a small increase in price for the benefit of zero blending. It's a trade off that the massive majority choose not to go with, if they ever consider it.