14 replies to this topic

#1 Gunbunny

Gunbunny

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:23 PM

So it's been 18 days after session 2. I can't seem to get it to blend after I shave (norelco rotary) or after its grown out by the next morning. I'm being patient for some fading but I'm not sure if that's going to help it. And as far as a day or two growth, it doesn't look good at all that way. It's very noticeable between my hair and the smp. I don't feel comfortable rocking this look during the day. Idk. I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

#2 Gunbunny

Gunbunny

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:49 PM

Just want to add that, it depends on what light you are looking at the smp in that makes me self conscious. I have went out without a hat and no one has said anything. I'm just afraid of being caught under the wrong light. Sometimes I feel it blends in well, other times I feel like it doesn't.

#3 PalomaNegra

PalomaNegra

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

I honestly don't see much wrong with it. Don't focus on it too much. As long as it looks good from a justifiable distance. I shave every day by the way. I would not attempt to go out with more than a day's growth unless I'm around with people who see me everyday as they would not focus on my head. 

I'm only afraid of lighting when I'm taking pictures. I really don't think smp ever looks fake in person regardless of lighting. I mean, it could disappear, but who really would suspect anything from it? 

Become comfortable in it! Forget about it! People are too worried about themselves to focus on your head! You did this for yourself! Remind yourself how you looked in the mirror before smp! 

I spent 8 hours in the sun during a parade (with sunscreen of course) and did not get a negative reaction. I did get compliments for being bald though lol

A friend who I hadn't seen in a long time, told me she really liked my cut lol  Another told me, is that how you're gonna have your hair now?  Also, my teenage cousin asked if I do the line up myself lol  I've gotten the , "why don't you grow your hair out" responses too which I hate lol    

3 sessions down. One more to go this weeknd (It's been almost a year since my initial session)! 

#4 Gunbunny

Gunbunny

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:58 PM

Well, I experimented this past weekend with taking my hat off. Family came by and saw it and didn't say anything other than why am I shaving my head. Then to top it off my GF asked me how I felt about it. So obviously on the forum I show doubt, so I asked her what she thinks about it. She was about 6" from my head scrutinizing it and and told me she thinks it looks great. She said, I see you feel comfortable showing off your new boobs. Lol so I don't know guys! I think my mind is playing tricks on me. There are days I feel it looks awesome, others I feel like it doesn't. But if she thinks it looks great and can't tell the difference, well then I guess it's just me. I'm tripping. My boss saw me yesterday without my hat and didn't say a thing either, I spoke to him for about an hour. So... I'm coming around.

I am shaving with a rotary shaver at night, so that in the AM it can look good. Don't get me wrong! I'm definitely more comfortable now more than ever with taking off my hat, I guess it's my self consciousnesses making me paranoid since I scrutinize it in the mirror.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#5 SHVD

SHVD

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:14 PM

IT'S BEHIND YOU..!

Lol

Looks great. I, like you, foil shave at night, perfect for twenty four hours. I am comfortable with another twenty four without too many worries, the fear kicks in on day three but even then looks passable and presentable, reality is nobody really cares apart from you. Again, yours looks good.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#6 PalomaNegra

PalomaNegra

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

Damn, that's interesting... I always shave right before I go out clubbing, but ya shave at night to allow a bit of growth? Funny how we have different perspectives on when it looks most realistic. 

• HIS - Ed likes this

#7 MrOnTheFence

MrOnTheFence

Veteran Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

Two weeks out, you'll still be a bit paranoid and getting use to your new look.  I personally shave 1-3 times a day depending on whats on my schedule.  I firmly believe the most realistic look for SMP is shaved to the bone.  After all the dots look like shaved follicles, they aren't little lines that look like a day or two of growth.  So those dots will always stick out in relation to the hair growing out. 

I wet shave with a razor every morning before work.  That gets me through my work day.  After work if I'm heading to the gym or super market or something and don't want to wear a hat i'll do a once over with an electric foil shaver.  Doesn't get QUITE as close as the razor but it buys me more time looking fresh.   If I'm going out at night for some plans and again don't want to wear a hat I'll shave again with the wet razor.  I do this just to pass the "feel test" incase people want to rub my head, and they often do.... Plus I think it just blends the best shaved to the bone.

So my advice, try getting use to the shaved to the bone look.  Some people want to not have to fuss with it every day...but my opinion has always been...if I had a full head of hair i'd have to wash and style it each day, so whats the big deal spending a few minutes shaving my head each day?

• HIS - Ed likes this

#8 HighlyRecommend

HighlyRecommend

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:47 AM

I agree with MrOnTheFence

Mine becomes noticeable to me after about 16 hours of not shaving (when I am up close in the mirror), so I try to shave every day. 

It looks solid to me though.

#9 Cuba

Cuba

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:54 AM

POPULAR

Yep i also agree with MrOnTheFence. Although i don't shave more than once a day. It has to be shaved to the bone to recreate a "real" effect.

I had my treatment done 5 years ago and it still looks as good now as it did when i first had it done. In all that time not one person has suspected or asked me if i have had anything done to my hair. In fact, i met a new Gf 3 years ago and didn't tell her about my treatment until about 2 weeks ago! She couldn't believe it when i told her. Her reaction was like OMG its incredible! 

So providing you are happy with a shaved look,  go get it done. Its the best thing i ever did.

• MrOnTheFence, HIS - Ed and the bald ego like this

#10 ZenM111

ZenM111

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:35 AM

Yeah dude well first of all your dots are large as hell so you need to wait for it to fade significantly. Second of all you have to wait for your third session because the practitioner is going to fill in the spaces between the dots for density. Remember this is a journey, and you are only 2 weeks out of your second session. Density and fading will fix you right up. 

• HIS - Ed likes this

#11 bobobaldy

bobobaldy

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Locationglasgow

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

Very natural hairline can I say.I think that will make it look a lot more natural when it has bedded in.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#12 otherminds

otherminds

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

Because it's on your head, you have lost objectivity. Realize that what you see is not what other people see. In other words, it looks great.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#13 Gunbunny

Gunbunny

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:50 AM

POPULAR

So, I think I need to update you guys... I got my third session done in Sept of last year. I gotta say, 3 sessions is what's needed. All I needed was density. Now I can't even tell where my hair starts in the mirror. I'm 100% satisfied. The only thing that scares me is the sun making it fade away. Sorry for the late post guys....
  • Josh2.0, HIS - Ed, the bald ego and 1 other like this

#14 DasCore

DasCore

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

Can you show pics of your scalp post 3rd sesion?

#15 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

Great to hear from you Gunbunny. We're all delighted it turned out well. Thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users