3 replies to this topic

#1 Penny2346

Penny2346

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC USA

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:10 AM

I've had two sessions done and my scar looks a little scary. The ink looks very dark and it is quite visible, anybody know what the recovery time is for scar treatment and also what to expect moving forward in terms of the pigment getting lighter in time? Last treatment was 3 days ago!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

#2 hairhair98

hairhair98

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:01 AM

Pictures are pretty blurry, but well enough to see it is still red.  Can take 5-7 days for redness to go down... ink will fade the most in the first 3 weeks, in my experience.  Wait at least 2 weeks, preferably 3, for a better assessment of the finished product IMO.

7 treatments in 2013 at Chicago and NYC

My Diary:  http://forum.hishair...ncludes-photos/

#3 Beach1103

Beach1103

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

give it some time, it will settle down. I have been there before and felt the same way a week after I had my second procedure. Is your  long term plan to do your entire head of just the scar?

#4 Penny2346

Penny2346

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC USA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:38 AM

Thanks everybody. I actually did my whole head and the scalp looks great. My concern is the scar obviously as that is the primary reason why I even got the procedure done to begin with. From your experiences do you think things will look a lot better and when would you anticipate after the procedure before I can feel confident? Right now I am embarrassed to even leave the house without a hat on. I did the procedure to make me more confident but now it seems as if it was a mistake. Any support/advice on if things will get better is most appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users