Sign in to follow this  
m.buster

Fever after SMP?

Had my first treatment yesterday morning and later that night came down with a fever and slightly swollen glands in my throat. Fever still persists today, about 36 hours later. Had no cold or flu symptoms before the treatment and am exhibiting no other symptoms post treatment except for the fever and slightly swollen/sore throat.

Just wondering if anyone experienced it and if it's normal?

Head office said they hadn't come across it... I guess there's a chance that I got sick at exactly the same time I got SMP but my gut is telling me it's related... It's stressing me out that something is wrong. 

Thanks guys.

Hi M Buster.

The symptoms you describe are the result of a virus rather than an allergic reaction. There is a theoretical possibility that your immune system may have been minutely diminished trying to deal with the pigment that just arrived in your scalp's collagen network, and that this in turn allowed a virus to take hold.

My honest assessment would be that your immune system is absolutely fine, and the viral infection is purely a coincidence.... well, not purely., You do live in Canada and it is January :0)

Get well soon.

Ed

Thanks for that Jwingo, very interesting. I will be curious to see how you get on with your SMP and whether it triggers the same reaction - but I don't think an SMP treatent compares to a long sitting with a traditional tattooist.  I have had both and the pain related to SMP is significantly less, so I would hope that would reduce the likelihood of any shock to the wider system.

Just like Xander_Cage for me the lymph nodes below and behind my ears were swollen for a few days after my first ever smp session, I've had 3 other sessions since then and none of those sessions caused them to enlarge.