#1 Raymond

Raymond

Super Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:39 PM

POPULAR

so 3 years later and my smp is still the best thing I've done .

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• mars, David1963, hairhair98 and 8 others like this
All 3 sessions done by DAMON
top fella and a wizard with the needle :0)

#2 damngenetics

damngenetics

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Locationunited kingdom

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:19 AM

I remember your treatment Raymond. One of my favourites. Did people notice or find out about it that you knew.
  • Raymond likes this

#3 Raymond

Raymond

Super Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:00 AM

POPULAR

Hi Ya mate

No , no ones ever said a word . The secret is , don't go to dark .ot looks natural as it blends perfect with the sides .
  • mars, 2hanger, DodgyBarnet and 1 other like this

#4 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

Appreciate the update Raymond, many thanks.

Ed

• Raymond likes this

#5 mars

mars

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:38 AM

That still looks great, it's held up really well and looks natural, all good, thanks for posting.

• HIS - Ed and Scooby1976 like this

#6 bobobaldy

bobobaldy

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Locationglasgow

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:52 AM

POPULAR

But why do you shave your head when you have so much hair ? You should grow it out..
  • mars, Hairkiller, Raymond and 3 others like this

#7 2hanger

2hanger

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:09 AM

Looks ace that Raymond!!

• Raymond and HIS - Ed like this

#8 Raymond

Raymond

Super Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:58 AM

POPULAR

Bobo hahahAha that's the comment I like to hear lol
  • Alec Baldwin, bobobaldy and HIS - Ed like this

#9 stokie

stokie

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Locationstoke-on-trent

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:40 AM

Still looking good mate this is what mine looks like after 3 years had it done in Manchester

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

• HIS - Ed and JurgenKloppSaviour like this

#10 Lotalpech

Lotalpech

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:34 PM

Both awesome! :D

• HIS - Ed likes this

#11 TherealR9

TherealR9

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:29 PM

Both look great !! Have u not had a touch up in 3 years ?? Do use work out as well . And if use both do. How many times a week. ? Just I am worried coz I train 5 days a week running and weights

#12 TherealR9

TherealR9

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:30 PM

Worried of fading.

#13 HonestDiscussion (HD)

HonestDiscussion (HD)

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

It looks great and I would be happy with those results. But if I'm completely honest the dots look a little to big.
  • rock_the_gain likes this

#14 Dr Mach 3

Dr Mach 3

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:19 PM

Honest discussion have u actually had the treatment yet?.. I think these results look good beats being bald for sure..

#15 HonestDiscussion (HD)

HonestDiscussion (HD)

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:14 AM

Honest discussion have u actually had the treatment yet?.. I think these results look good beats being bald for sure..

No haven't had it. Like I said I think Raymond's treatment looks really good but the dots could be smaller. I'm holding out with my fingers crossed His will be able to do smaller dots in the future.

#16 Dr Mach 3

Dr Mach 3

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:22 AM

Dont be on the fence, the dots are realistic I've had the treatment and the dots are small its a pressure thing if you want to match a wet shaved head your practioner will match that look.. U wont regret it
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#17 hairhair98

hairhair98

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:33 PM

No haven't had it. Like I said I think Raymond's treatment looks really good but the dots could be smaller. I'm holding out with my fingers crossed His will be able to do smaller dots in the future.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but im pretty sure HIS can make dots as small as you want them... it's just a matter of manipulating the needle with a light or heavy touch, or perhaps by using a special needle.  It's not a matter of not being able to do it, it's that they specifically aim for a particular size, based on several factors.

Hatinghats penned this section of the FAQ, which addresses this issue in depth:

How big will the SMP pigment globules trapped in the collagen appear to be when the scalp fully heals?

In an average healthy male with a normal immune system and no special allergies, the dots will often be 80 to 170 Um (micrometers) in diameter. To put this in perspective, the average diameter of a normal hair taken from a caucasian scalp is 77 Um, from a person of Asian descent it is 66 Um and from a person of African descent, it is 120 Um. There are no specific micro mechanical limitations to current pigmentation needle machines using specialized needles (such as carbon fiber) which could indeed be used to place pigment ‘dots’ that are smaller. The problem with this would be that smaller dots laying under the epidermis, in the dermis would then be to small to be noticed by an observer’s eye from one meter away or further. At an average size of 80 to 250 Um, the pigmentation dots need to be large enough to not be fully removed by roving macrophages and also large enough to show through the epidermis as distinct dark dots that mimic actual shaved hair follicles.

Be weary of providers who promise proprietary needle sizes that can lay down dots smaller than 80 Um. This may indeed be true, but by the time the immune response has finished, the dot may be reduced in size to 30 or 40 Um, which it is then very difficult for the client’s eyes or an outside observer to notice. That is the exact reason why HIS aims to place dots that are ideally 150 Um in diameter and are then reduced by the immune and wound healing responses to about 110 Um.

So the reason the dots are that size, is because that's essentially the size they were intended to be.  

You have to remember that we are intensely scrutinizing a known SMP treatment, at a very close distance... to us, it can appear that the dots are way too big, but based on the feedback i have seen on the internet, as well as viewing SMP in person, the truth is that in the real world it really isn't an issue.  There is room to go bigger than a hair follicle, without it looking unnatural.  I had the same qualms as you when i would look at photographs like this, but I honestly cant recall where the person said someone in the public commented on how large the dots are.  It's possible that it happens, but unless i am mistaken, it is very rare for HIS's dot size to get called out in public.  In fact, i can recall many reports of people being intimate with their girlfriends, or even going to the dermatologist, and having them still be surprised even when they tell them.

Now, if you were to go up to somebody and say 'hey come sit down and look at my head real close under this bright light... here is where the SMP is, and here is where my real hair is... can you tell a difference?' then i imagine they would sit there for a minute, and go back and forth and 'hmmm' a little, and say 'ohhhh yeah... yeah... now i can see that it looks different'... but the goal of SMP isn't so someone can look at your head from an inch away and be completely unable to distinguish between SMP and a hair follicle, it's so that at normal viewing distances... even up close... it appears normal.

Dont just take my word for it... read through diaries where you think the dots look a little too big, and see if they report that they keep getting called out on it.  My guess is you will find very few, if any, that report getting called out.  Like i said, i cant say that it 100% never happens, but it seems very rare to me, based on my research.  More importantly is for you to see treatments in person, so you can judge for yourself.

As hatinghats said, there is such a thing as too small.  If they make the dots the same size as a hair follicle, and your immune system causes it to shrink as normal, then you will be left with dots smaller than hair follicles, and harder to see.  Going a tiny bit bigger allows for the normal shrinking process to occur, but will leave you with dots that still look natural at normal viewing distances.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Personally, i was recently working on something with my neighbor outside, and i was leaning down looking at something while he was standing up, and he had to be only an inch or two away from my head.  Now this guy always pays attention to how im dressed, or if i have a beard, or whatever... and out of nowhere he says 'now see you got one of those good heads where you can shave like that and it looks okay, but i wouldnt look good if i shaved my hair down like that (he has an amazing full head of hair btw).  So this makes me believe that he was staring right at my SMP when it was only an inch or so from his face, and not only did he not say 'hey why does your hair look so dotty on top?', but he complemented the look on me.

On a side note, this guy actually shaved his hair all off the next week to try it out haha.  He did let it grow back out, though, because he didn't like how it looked on him.  So it was funny to me, because Id give anything to have his head of hair, but he shaved it off to try and pull off my look... or at least thats how i took it.  I'm doing a bit of assuming here about his intentions, but that certainly made me feel better about having a shaved head.

• HonestDiscussion (HD) and Bald Fool like this

7 treatments in 2013 at Chicago and NYC

My Diary:  http://forum.hishair...ncludes-photos/

#18 Dr Mach 3

Dr Mach 3

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:49 PM

Hahaha incredible, I 100 percent believe he was trying to look as good as you look, true about dot size its the right size if I'm honest the dots r so small like pin pricks, which forms a sheet of grey instead of large dots, I think also the practitioner matches your size of follicles as best they can, I have a wet shaved head so they had to go small with the dots to match.. Pressure is a big thing with dot size, I don't think the size of the dots is an issue with this treatment, fading, colour matching amd crown density have been my problem not dot size if I'm honest..
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#19 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:01 PM

@ HairHair98

We are all in your debt, great work. Many thanks.

• the bald ego likes this

#20 gainz

gainz

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:05 AM

Still looking good mate this is what mine looks like after 3 years had it done in Manchester

Imo you went way too dark. Like the poster said secret is to keep it light. The contrast between your skin color and your smp imo is too obvious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users