8 replies to this topic

#1 Scarredup5

Scarredup5

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:56 PM

Is anyone going on with a shaved head and leaving their scar exposed? Would love to get the treatment on my scar alone but living 10hrs from the nearest clinic, can't justify making 3, 4 or 5 flights to get it right - the flights alone would cost in the thousands. Considering shaving it all off and living with the scar if it's not that bad.

Anyone have any proven tips for minimizing the appearance of their scar - creams, strips, ect? Would like to hear feedback from anyone in the same situation and that has accepted the fact that there is a big scar on their head and said to hell with it and shaved it all off anyway. Feel free to send me a pm. 

Considering scar repair to fix the big smiley face on the back of my head from two HT's. 

#2 TDstrip

TDstrip

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:04 PM

Here's an idea. Do a skype w His. Wait until an airline has a deal, book a one week stay with one of those rental services like Airbnb. Have session one, see the city. Have session 2 a week later. Fly out. Just a thought.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#3 fedebold

fedebold

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationURUGUAY

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:50 AM

To me it sounds a bad idea not to do smp if you have a big scar. I live in Uruguay and i will do everything to coinceal this and ill fly to the UK and stay there for 3 weeks to at least do 2 o 3 sessions...come on!!

• HIS - Ed likes this

#4 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:27 AM

There are clinics much closer to Uruguay I think... check out the locations on the site. That said... if you are choosing London because you like the idea of coming here I can only commend you on your good taste :D .

You should bear in mind that scars are the most unpredictable aspect of the work of a practitioner. That said, even if you could stay in town for 2 or 3 treatments but that turned out not to be enough... it would definitely represent an improvement - a perfect scar camouflage is a very rare thing, but 90% is incredibly effective anyway. 

#5 fedebold

fedebold

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationURUGUAY

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:29 PM

Thanks a lot for your response. I ll go to birmingham for this but also to visit some friends i have there. The thing is that luckily my scar is very healthy (no bumps at all and also had fraxel here in UY), matches the surrounding color (scalp) and i also have some fue done so even now is almost invisible. But now i want to shave it all and i guess SMP in uk will conceal some fue white dots and improve all making it even less noticeable. I HOPE !! I trust HIS.

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

#6 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:18 AM

Thanks a lot for your response. I ll go to birmingham for this but also to visit some friends i have there. The thing is that luckily my scar is very healthy (no bumps at all and also had fraxel here in UY), matches the surrounding color (scalp) and i also have some fue done so even now is almost invisible. But now i want to shave it all and i guess SMP in uk will conceal some fue white dots and improve all making it even less noticeable. I HOPE !! I trust HIS.

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

I hope to see pictures at some point after your treatment. All the best.

Your English is excellent, better than some who would claim it as their first language :)

#7 Scarredup5

Scarredup5

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:09 PM

And back to the original post, has anyone had any luck with creams, strips or anything else in improving scar appearance?

I am aware that smp would be the ideal solution but that isn't what I am asking about.

Considering scar repair to fix the big smiley face on the back of my head from two HT's. 

#8 fedebold

fedebold

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationURUGUAY

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:29 PM

Mmm i dont know too much about that cause i think there are better things like lasers and other stuff but...maye be some other guy can help here!

#9 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:55 PM

And back to the original post, has anyone had any luck with creams, strips or anything else in improving scar appearance?

I am aware that smp would be the ideal solution but that isn't what I am asking about.

Hi Scarredup5.  Sorry for that... didn't mean to assist in the hijacking of your thread...

I would recommend you put derma roller into the search box to find a few threads where they are discussed as a scar treatment. Some have found it helpful it would seem. You may also want to investigate Mesotherapy, which uses fine needles to insert nutrients directly to site and is used to aid recovery.

Best wishes

Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users