7 replies to this topic

#1 TDstrip

TDstrip

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:01 PM

So I took the plunge and had smp into my scar two days ago. Obviously it's too early to assess results.

I scoured the Internet and this forum before and after my first session to understand what to expect. I didnt understand why scars fade and take multiple sessions. I'd like to know if I'm understanding it correctly in lay terms.

Essentially, it seems that during session 1, lighter pigment marks are placed into the white or pink scar. This is done to provide a foundation or in the unlikely best case scenario..an end solution. The area around the scar bruises and creates a fairly nasty outline which subsides in due time. After a few days, the scabs start to form and after a few days they fall off. Some of the scabs take the pigment with them but a certain percentage of the pigment remains (anywhere from 30-50% remain). Furthermore, the immune system tries to rid itself of the foreign material and absorbs about half of the pigment. So the end result is normally about a 15-25% improvement after session 1.

Future sessions are then based on the amount of retention until desired coverage is achieved.

Is this accurate?

#2 Trendy

Trendy

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLondon Clinic

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:35 PM

Hi TDstrip!

Scar tissue cannot hold the colour than normal skin - that's it. I've got my 2nd sesson on Tuesday. After my first session the scars faded much more then the other area and now after my second session, I am sure it could be the same. My practitioner told my during the treatment, that she had to go deeper with the needle into the scars. I think, multiple sessions are necessary for scars, because not only any different skin fades different, also any scars. Maybe because nobody knows before, how Scar tissue will react..?!

#3 TDstrip

TDstrip

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:39 PM

What's up brother!

What day did u have session 1 done?

I'm one of the few people that is happy my HT but want to keep it short, so I'm only doing the scar. So, I can't compare/contrast fading like you can.

I agree that scar tissue doesn't hold pigment the same, I'm just trying to confirm why it doesn't hold and how more sessions should provide more coverage.

#4 Trendy

Trendy

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLondon Clinic

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:15 PM

I have had my 1st session done on 01.December and my 2nd session on 8th December and I am very happy! But I still need a third session on 27th January.  I am NW7 and have a lot of scars by car accident years ago. It is a very bad combination to be bald and having scars on the head, you know! ;)

The practitioner had a lot to do, because my head with my scars is very tricky...!

I think, in 10 days, when the redness is gone and it is not so dark anymore,  I will tell my story here in Forum and show some pice before and after the sessions.

So keeps your eyes open and good luck for the other sessions, If they are needed..! ;)

Trendy

• HIS - Ed likes this

#5 TDstrip

TDstrip

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:56 PM

Sweet! Btw- did you notice if one side was more bruised than the other? I'm not sure if it's just the way blood pooled but my left side has minimal bruising and right is pretty nasty.

#6 Trendy

Trendy

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLondon Clinic

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:31 AM

Lol, the same like me! My left side almost no redness and it has taken the color very well and my right side very red and start to fade...! Maybe, on 3rd session,  I have to go darker on the right side, than on left side..?! do not know..!

#7 TDstrip

TDstrip

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

How's it looking Trendy? I have my second tmrw. Mine looks pretty improved after six days. The line at the top of the scar is still fairly noticeable, but that may fade.

Its held well through six days, I'm not sure when I should expect the rest of the scar to start fading....but from prior posters it appears inevitable.

#8 Trendy

Trendy

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLondon Clinic

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

After 6 days of my second session, my scar on the top is almost not noticeable. But therefore, that almost the whole scar is my new front hairline and it start to fade a little bit, it looks holey. But this was expected and that's why I need a 3rd session.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users