3 replies to this topic

#1 FrankenScalp

FrankenScalp

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:41 PM

I found a post on another site that looked promising for someone without smp although they were from 2011. I don't have enough posts to put up the link.

I wonder if it would work in conjunction with smp or if it would just cover up the ink work completely.

#2 BornReceded

BornReceded

Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:38 PM

It would necessarily end up covering up the SMP and rendering it pointless. And there's no way that it's going to be able to replicate the appearance of follicles like SMP does, which is what's necessary in order to achieve any kind of realistic scar concealment with a shaved head.

If I were you I'd just book in for a scar-only session with HIS and take it from there. It's going to be a massive improvement for you and there's no daily maintenance except sunscreen.

• HIS - Ed likes this

#3 FrankenScalp

FrankenScalp

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:37 AM

Yes it looks like microskin would just cover it up so not a good pairup.

I did notice that another company does some level of "scar treatment" prior to smp. The one element that looked the most interesting was what sounded like pigmenting the whole scar area to better match the surrounding skin prior to adding in the follicles. Not sure if this would be helpful or not.

#4 Blossom-Bubbles

Blossom-Bubbles

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:40 PM

Yes, I agree that Microskin will just cover up. I head that it is the second skin which is done to color correct skin conditions. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users