• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 anavarra

anavarra

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationsan diego

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:44 PM

Hello all. Thank you in advance for the support.

I have a hair transplant scar that I would like to have covered with SMP. I have 2 questions. 

- What length do I have to keep my existing hair so that the SMP looks the same. How do patients go about keeping their hair this length? Does it require buzzing your hair every night, etc? what if I let the existing hair grow for 4 days, does the SMP then look very odd?

- I have read that you should always keep sunscreen on the SMP. If I only SMP the scar, wouldn't this keep the scar a lighter completion than the rest of my head? If so, obviously the solution is to apply sunscreen to my entire head, but I do tan well, and if I buzz my head, would assume I would tan eventually, so wouldn't want the SMP to stick out as a white area. 

Thanks again. 

#2 Beach1103

Beach1103

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:23 PM

Hello,

I have SMP on my two scars and I use a Wahl Balding Clipper every 1-2 days. I have found that if I go past 3 days it does not look great. Some people like to shave their head with a razor, but I have found that the Balding Clipper works best for me.

• HIS - Ed likes this

#3 anavarra

anavarra

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationsan diego

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:13 AM

But if you shave your head with a razor, won't the SMP appear darker than the "grey" shade of a razors shaved head?

#4 Beach1103

Beach1103

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

it could, however, if you don't shave your head (razor or very short buzz) the difference between the hair (3D) versus SMP (2D) will be very noticeable. Happy to send you some pictures of my scar work for perspective.

• HIS - Ed likes this

#5 anavarra

anavarra

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationsan diego

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:39 AM

Please do either send or post! Thanks!

#6 Beach1103

Beach1103

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:47 PM

Here are two pictures of the two scars.....as long you manage your expectations and realize that it will never be 100% gone, you will be fine. I am happy with the outcome and will continue to touch up, as needed.

Let me know if you have any other questions....

Good luck!!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2136.jpg

• HIS - Ed likes this

#7 FNX

FNX

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFar from home

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:56 AM

Here are two pictures of the two scars.....as long you manage your expectations and realize that it will never be 100% gone, you will be fine. I am happy with the outcome and will continue to touch up, as needed.

Let me know if you have any other questions....

Good luck!!

That looks very good.

Did yiou treated the scar previous the SMP?

Is the SMP in the scar only or in the back of your head also?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users