4 replies to this topic

#1 stripscar_superstar

stripscar_superstar

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

so, held off on posts to wait a while for recovery, and I'm not sure if its my naivety or if i was told the wrong information, but am still a bit disappointed. I am currently 8months post 3rd smp session into and around my strip scar, and its still as noticeable as before.

Maybe i was expecting too much from the treatment, but i really did think i would get more camouflage than i did and now am £1800 worse off, with the same scar.

Really could do with some advice, as I was thinking about going whole head eventually, but this has really dampened my spirits.

please see old posts for before pics and attached for most recent.

thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0300.JPG

#2 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:50 PM

so, held off on posts to wait a while for recovery, and I'm not sure if its my naivety or if i was told the wrong information, but am still a bit disappointed. I am currently 8months post 3rd smp session into and around my strip scar, and its still as noticeable as before.

Maybe i was expecting too much from the treatment, but i really did think i would get more camouflage than i did and now am £1800 worse off, with the same scar.

Really could do with some advice, as I was thinking about going whole head eventually, but this has really dampened my spirits.

please see old posts for before pics and attached for most recent.

thanks

I don't think it looks that bad. I have an almost identical scar and I had 2 sessions and I'm not super happy either. It only looks acceptable to me for about 12 hours after a very close wet shave, which is not at all what I was expecting. I even asked during the session if would be able to go a couple days without shaving and still look good, and i was told yes. I will definitely need a 3rd session and if it doesn't look good after that I will not be happy. I can't afford $800 per pop and a 500 mile round trip journey to Chicago for unacceptable results.

I know I was told things like 'scars are more difficult' etc etc. That is fine and dandy...but IF they quote you 2 to 3 sessions upfront, with 80 to 90% concealment, which i what I was quoted, and they knew what my scar looked like beforehand...that's what it should be, and any extra work after that should be free in my opinion.

Check out my thread if you want, let me know what you think of my pics.

#3 stripscar_superstar

stripscar_superstar

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:43 PM

I don't think it looks that bad. I have an almost identical scar and I had 2 sessions and I'm not super happy either. It only looks acceptable to me for about 12 hours after a very close wet shave, which is not at all what I was expecting. I even asked during the session if would be able to go a couple days without shaving and still look good, and i was told yes. I will definitely need a 3rd session and if it doesn't look good after that I will not be happy. I can't afford $800 per pop and a 500 mile round trip journey to Chicago for unacceptable results.

I know I was told things like 'scars are more difficult' etc etc. That is fine and dandy...but IF they quote you 2 to 3 sessions upfront, with 80 to 90% concealment, which i what I was quoted, and they knew what my scar looked like beforehand...that's what it should be, and any extra work after that should be free in my opinion.

Check out my thread if you want, let me know what you think of my pics.

thanks for your input mate. totally agree, id have rather they say "sorry but we won't be able to do what you want" or its going to cost so many sessions etc. surely they know what can be done and what can't. But i was told it can be done and id get good results.

any more advice would be great, there must be more of us in this boat too!!

will check your thread dude

any other ideas on what treatments or remedies are good for the scar?

#4 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:45 PM

thanks for your input mate. totally agree, id have rather they say "sorry but we won't be able to do what you want" or its going to cost so many sessions etc. surely they know what can be done and what can't. But i was told it can be done and id get good results.

any more advice would be great, there must be more of us in this boat too!!

will check your thread dude

any other ideas on what treatments or remedies are good for the scar?

I think they are walking a fine line because clearly the scar tissue doesn't hold the ink well....which they SORT OF tell you.....BUT they also give you a quote and tell you it wil be "90%" better after XYZ amount of sessions.

I feel a little more honesty with us scar guys up front would be welcomed.

The procedure and the work done by my practioner was very good and I was very happy with it, I am just not happy with the amount of fading and the unclear communication as I said in this post and my last.

#5 The Doctor

The Doctor

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:18 AM

Gentlemen, if I could put my views forward (based on my own scar SMP treatment) with HIS.

I think it's important to remember that this treatment 'helps conceal' the scar area, HIS would never claim this treatment will make it invisible, which of course is what we all want.

I was told concealment would be up to 70% on my 2 HT scars and I would need 5 sessions. I would say obviously the more sessions you have the better the end product so to speak. Every scar is different, (with my 2 HT scars after 4 sessions, 1 is almost invisible, but the other one is still visible.)

In my opinion, this is the best option out there at the moment for scar concealment, and you have to be in it for the long run, it's no good having 2 sessions, spending money and giving up. I understand travel, time and cost all come into it, but you have to see it out.

I live in Australia and my nearest clinic is in Hong Kong, which is 9 hours flight time, and a pain in the ass, costly etc etc, but I've been 3 times and will go back again soon for my 5th session because I believe in SMP being the most beneficial alternative to anything else.

My scar area is not perfect, and needs more work, but it's got to the point where I'm happy going out without a hat, sure it's noticeable, but it's better than it was before, which was a real butcher job.

Things which help concealment (for me anyway:)
Shave scar area as close as possible in the morning or before you sleep.
Use anti shine
One thing which really helped conceal my scar (I found out by accident) is a skin colored sunscream (I'll post some pics of the product) I use this in the morning after shaving scar area, then I put Anti shine on top of the sunscream and it helps big time.

Good luck
  • HIS - Ed likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users