Mart01

My Story...as a tattoo artist and studio owner with SMP

Hi All...I'm a tattoo artist and a studio owner based in Birmingham...I had treatment first 4 years ago....it was nothing like I expected but learned to love it after getting used to shaving my hair completely off...I thought the tattoo would look like hair but it actually looks more like it's where the hair would grow if it was there...if that makes sense...at first I shaved down to a 0.5 every other day but the hair stands out quite a lot darker than the tattoo itself so I started shaving write down to skin...shock at first but got used to it...not having much choice really! 4 years on it faded quite a bit....to the point in certain lights it wasn't very noticable so I booked in for a touch up....2 weeks ago...I'm very much a perfectionist so I went back 2 days later for a slight adjustment on my hairline I wasn't happy with...I was charged extra due to signing paper to say I was happy but it's hard to tell when it's so red and swollen until it settles days later..since going back it has now fully healed but very lightly not much darker than it was 2 weeks ago so I'm hopefully going back to be darkened up....whether I will be charged or not I will keep you updated....I Did notice on the paperwork that a lighter shade of ink had been used than previous 4 years ago so technically it should be fixed free of charge....I have a lot of information to tell you guys about the whole procedure due to the fact I'm a tattoo artist and a studio owner...I will upload pics and explain exactly from my experience and knowledge in the industry what it is exactly....any questions just ask....Mart ????

Sounds an iteresting thread mart..

I had mine done summer 2011..

And from birmingham..

I take it you had your first treatments at harbourne house and your touchup at the big complex on hagley road?

Sounds an iteresting thread mart..

I had mine done summer 2011..

And from birmingham..

I take it you had your first treatments at harbourne house and your touchup at the big complex on hagley road?

hi ya....yes it was harbourne originally.....have you been back to have yours redone yet? All the best Mart

No I haven't been back for anything,its held up really well...i will go in for a review soon i think..

ahhh that's cool....a lot of people did tell me that mine looked more natural as it got lighter but it went a bit too light and the hair line disappeared in places so I went back....but once u have the top up u realise just how light it really was and looked great when darkened

Ok thanks for the info..did you have the hairline brocken up at all and also how long did your touchup take in hours..and what was the price if you dont mind sharing..

yeh I had it broken and changed slightly to look more natural...it was quite straight before...looks a lot better being a broken hairline....I paid £500 first for around 4 hours work...then another £100 for a touch up in places where I was bleeding a lot

Hi...just a quick update...I decided against having my head darkened as I think it looks quite natural as it is at the minute...iv posted 2 photos ...1 was 4 years ago and the other is after my top up...obviously I'm quite heavily tattooed so you will have to ignore the head tattoo lol...I noticed that the pigment actualy looks darker with a sun tan

post-159636-0-73806500-1444339970_thumb.jpg

post-159636-0-87372600-1444339982_thumb.jpg

It is just me? I am finding it hard to directly compare the two because of the sun tan.. the tattoo isn't a problem (quite the reverse in fact, but the Wife has promised to pack my bags if I come home with one on my head).

Both look great... but it really pops out on the tanned head, superb shot.

Many thanks for sharing.