14 replies to this topic

#1 bidnessboi

bidnessboi

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:15 PM

There is a lot of talk about scar cover up in the back. I am curious how the HT hairs up front show up for most people when shaved when there are deeper root depressions/thick black hairs. I was told mine would be a bit difficult as they have deep indentations. Anyone have comments/opinions?

#2 bidnessboi

bidnessboi

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

So everyone's SMP has been great even when they had HT hairs up front? Or no one who has had HT up front ever gets SMP beyond scar coverage?

Thanks! :)

#3 periskop

periskop

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:58 PM

Hello and sorry if this is reviving an old thread but seeing no reply to this verified question made me login.

Im light skin and quite young early twenties, I rushed into a HT 2 years back which left me quite unpleased with the result and felt misled and cheated on after waiting a whole year and it not coming up as promised (and I know it can go differently with everyone)

I've had 3 Smp sessions, latest one 1 month ago and its holding up good but to get back to the real question, my HT hair's are thicker and darker and really stands out although more sparse spread than real hair it shows a line difference (I am 2-3 on the NW scale, or was?? :)) I am waiting for my 4th session in january to touchup some fading on the top and left side temple.

But it is necessary to at least trim the temples in the morning (preferable whole head) for them to not show up weird, but Im hoping the touch up session will be made darker and more problemoriented-placed dots since going through where there is already hair makes it really dark compared to where the HT was done.

However the FUE i had done (no Strip) also gives the perk of stubble when shaved so when feeling with the hand its impossible for others to tell the difference.

It has saved my well-being, however still waiting for what the 4th touch up will bring me.
Also may add im very anxious about my hair and always think that if I can notice, someone else can too.
  • Asianguy likes this

#4 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:16 PM

Hi Periskop

Your story speaks to the huge range of conditions that clients can present with, and why every one has to be treated as an individual on their own unique journey.

It sounds as though the 4th session needs to carry on with the process of blending, maybe some darker pigments around the HT hairs. I am sure you would get some good opinion if you could put up some pictures.

Best wishes

Ed

#5 bidnessboi

bidnessboi

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

Belated thanks for answering the question.

When I went to HISHAIR, he definitely said it would be very hard to disguide. Not an ideal candidate because of the thick black hairs up front that seem to have obvious deep insertions. He recommended I immediately start with bio-oil.

I am getting close to going for it.

#6 HIS - Ed

HIS - Ed

HIS Staff

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

Bio oil has a reputation for improving the state of scar tissue but it is not the only treatment out there, how long ago were you recommended to it? Has it worked out for you? - some on the boards have spoken of success with micro-needling on scar tissue, which is closely related to Mesotherapy (also worth a look maybe).

Not much can be done about the difference in shade and thickness of those HT hairs, but hopefully they could be made less of an issue by camouflaging with a good SMP treatment..

#7 bidnessboi

bidnessboi

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:04 AM

Hey Ed. I bought it and used it for 2 days and I had major shedding up front so I stopped. I went and got a consult a couple months ago. I am going to do this 100 percent. Just haven't worked out the timing.

I am going to do the micro-needling/fraxel in back.

For me, it's the shoddy implants up front. 2 and 3 at a time and deeply inserted un-naturally. Only 450 but still. Practitioner thought it wouldn't be ideal.

#8 Asianguy

Asianguy

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:55 AM

Bidnessboi, do you have photos of the recipient site you're referring to?

#9 bidnessboi

bidnessboi

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:43 PM

Slightly blurred but you get the idea. In the front, when shaved, these thick black implanted hairs won't look the same as the other hairs.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4597.jpg

#10 bidnessboi

bidnessboi

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:49 PM

If you click that image above it blows up. Zang was very honest and realistic in saying it would not blend as easily as someone who had a virgin scalp. He suggested I liberally apply bio oil up front, but I am holding off a bit on that as it makes me shed when I am already thin. When the implants were done by the doctors assistants, they just look deeply planted. I would be better off without them.

I envy the people who are getting SMP with virgin scalps because I am looking at obstacles with un-naturalness up front and with scar cover up.

#11 Asianguy

Asianguy

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:22 PM

Bidnessboi, thanks for posting the pic. I'm in similar position but maybe worse since I have dense packed corners and thinning hair behind it. I can feel the difference in my scalp on transplanted areas vs the untouched mid scalp.

I also just got electrolysis done to remove some hair on my hairline so it is a bit red.

Are you planning to go proceed with SMP?

#12 bidnessboi

bidnessboi

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

I'm in the same boat. I have a slick thinning patch behind my implanted hairs.

In the next 4 to 6 months plan to have it all done.

1) Fraxel/microneedling on scar.

2) Considered something to remove some of my hairline. Will have to see how it looks buzzed.

3) SMP.

#13 Asianguy

Asianguy

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:53 PM

So you're gonna rock the buzz/shaved look with the scar exposed for a few months before SMP?

I am thinking of shaving the day before my SMP procedure because I'm afraid of walking around with the uneven frontal density and scars, although theyre FUE scars and not strip.

#14 bidnessboi

bidnessboi

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:36 PM

Thankfully I work from home.... Going to rock the baseball cap. :)

#15 fedebold

fedebold

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationURUGUAY

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:26 AM

Why nbot pluck them...thats what i did and i notice nothing now.

• HIS - Ed likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users