#1 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:04 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm relatively new to the forum, haven't posted much but have browsed a lot.

I've been looking into this for about a year now and finally decided to take the plunge last week when I booked my first session in Chicago.

Long story short...I had a hair transplant when I was about 20, I am now 32. I've regretted it basically for the last 10 years and I am the guy always wearing the hat, basically everywhere. My wife always tells me it doesn't look bad etc etc...but we all know that doesn't matter...what matters is how WE feel.

So, I'm just hoping to cover my scar so I can shave my head and not have to wear hats all the time. I actually think if this looks good I may burn my hats....tired of walking around hot and sweaty wearing hats in the summer!

I'm Ok with the top of head...I may decide later to fill it in depending on how the scar goes.

I've decide to document my progress / story on here because I know the pictures and stories from other people really helped me decide to do this, so maybe my story will help someone else.

A week from right now at 1pm I will be undergoing my first session.

Here are my current pictures. These were taken after I shaved my head totally bald for the fist time ever.

I'm not sure how 'bad' or 'not bad' my scar is....anyone care to comment? I'm talking about how raised / uneven it is. I don't think it's too bad and I really can't afford all this fraxel laser stuff people talk about, so here's to hoping I can finally relinquish my hat dependency....

Attached Thumbnails

• 11913211_10153500610280520_2089721124_n.jpg
  • 11933610_10153500610650520_1427460138_n.jpg
  • 11935641_10153500610495520_1231258229_n.jpg

• HIS - Ed likes this

#2 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:23 AM

How do i know if I need fraxel or not?

I knew nothing about this fraxel laser therapy to reduce the scar before I booked my first session.

Can anyone take a look at my scar pics and tell me if they honestly think I would benefit from it? I need to know asap as my session is next Friday and I will need to change it.

- Larry

#3 The Doctor

The Doctor

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:17 AM

Larry,

I don't understand your comments about not being able to afford fraxel, but yet, your paying to have SMP done, which is a lot more?!

First off, I have had 4 SMP sessions on my 2 HT scars and I'm satisfied with the results so far, looking at your scar, I would hope the same could be achieved.

Your scar in my opinion looks good as scars go, only the "one" scar and it looks quite smooth and 'clean' if that makes sense.

I have 2 fraxel sessions prior to SMP, because i was told fraxel helps smooth out scars that are bumpy, and certainly in my experience of fraxel that was the case, also it reduced the redness in the scar. I only had 2 fraxel sessions because that all that was needed and I noticed the difference instantly after only 1 session.

In summary, fraxel is a good idea prior to SMP and helps the end result in terms of camouflaging.

I am not a expert and am just telling you about MY experience of fraxel and SMP with scars. It's important to know as well, that all scars are different and will react to SMP different than someone else's scars, to illustrate this, with my 2 scars, one is better camaflaged than the other, even though they have BOTh had fraxel and the same amount of SMP on them.

Get as much advice about fraxel before you commit, I don't think it's that expensive, and talk to more people on these forums before you do anything. Research research research.

Good luck
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#4 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:26 PM

Larry,

I don't understand your comments about not being able to afford fraxel, but yet, your paying to have SMP done, which is a lot more?!

First off, I have had 4 SMP sessions on my 2 HT scars and I'm satisfied with the results so far, looking at your scar, I would hope the same could be achieved.

Your scar in my opinion looks good as scars go, only the "one" scar and it looks quite smooth and 'clean' if that makes sense.

I have 2 fraxel sessions prior to SMP, because i was told fraxel helps smooth out scars that are bumpy, and certainly in my experience of fraxel that was the case, also it reduced the redness in the scar. I only had 2 fraxel sessions because that all that was needed and I noticed the difference instantly after only 1 session.

In summary, fraxel is a good idea prior to SMP and helps the end result in terms of camouflaging.

I am not a expert and am just telling you about MY experience of fraxel and SMP with scars. It's important to know as well, that all scars are different and will react to SMP different than someone else's scars, to illustrate this, with my 2 scars, one is better camaflaged than the other, even though they have BOTh had fraxel and the same amount of SMP on them.

Get as much advice about fraxel before you commit, I don't think it's that expensive, and talk to more people on these forums before you do anything. Research research research.

Good luck

I can't really afford either, but the added cost of the fraxel, if it's not going to do any good, would be something I really can't afford. That was what I meant. I need to take the risk of the smp because I can't keep living my life with a scarred up head, despite if I can 'afford' it or not right now.

I actually just called and the lady said that the guy doing my procedure (mike i presume) said he look at my photos and he didn't think my results would be improved much, if at all, by having fraxel beforehand.

• HIS - Ed likes this

#5 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:06 AM

POPULAR

5 minutes after first session....

It didnt hurt that bad. Its very tolerable.

Im very happy with the work so far. Cant wait for the redness and swelling to go down.

Session 2 next friday.

Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Jimbojames, HIS - Ed and southpaw2153 like this

#6 Blue Smurf

Blue Smurf

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

I think you have a good scar to work with and your end result will be good. Good luck on your journey and keep us all posted with updates.

#7 zorenbu

zorenbu

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationisrael

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:32 PM

larry, its look great after your first session.  u can really see the black dots covering your scar..

the big issue with the scar tissue its the fast fading..

i pray for u (for me :) ) that it will work, stay in touch

#8 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:56 AM

larry, its look great after your first session. u can really see the black dots covering your scar..
the big issue with the scar tissue its the fast fading..
i pray for u (for me :) ) that it will work, stay in touch

Yea, it does fade a bit after first session but thats why you go multiple sessions. Im on the train to chicago right now for session 2 tomorrow. The redness has gone away and it is looking good, im still happy with the results and looking forward to seeing how look when its all over.

As far as pain, it isnt exactly a pleasant feeling getting the pigment put into the scar but it was tolerable. I didnt even need a break.

Im getting very excited to live my life without having a hat on anytime i go out.

I highly recommend Mike in chicago.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#9 bidnessboi

bidnessboi

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:03 PM

Larry, how about the spots where u had the hair transplanted? How does that look? 

#10 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:53 PM

Larry, how about the spots where u had the hair transplanted? How does that look?

I just had the scar done. Top being bald doesnt bother me. I may do it later though.

I will put up some pics of my second session after the redness goes down a bit more.

#11 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

The first three pics were taken the same day a few hours after session 2. The last pic was two days after. I know i need to cut my hair, but right now im feeling like the scar is more visible than i expected. I guess he didnt put any pigment into the scar on session 2 because he didnt want it to get too dark, which i understand, but the scar itself appears to have faded some and i cant say as of now im extremely excited with the outcome. I know it needs more time though to settle. Only three days past the second session.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#12 The Doctor

The Doctor

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:37 AM

I would suggest shaving your hair down as close as possible to get the maximum effect. May not work for you, but for me, my scar looks less obvious the closer I shave it down.

Good luck.
  • HIS - Ed likes this

#13 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

I would suggest shaving your hair down as close as possible to get the maximum effect. May not work for you, but for me, my scar looks less obvious the closer I shave it down.

Good luck.

Well, I hope it works for me.

Do you remember when we can shave our head again after the treatment? I can't remember if its 3 days out or longer?

#14 The Doctor

The Doctor

Super Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:31 AM

I was told you wait a week after your last session until you shave again.

#15 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

One week after second session after shaving.

Im pretty excited about the results.

Thanks Mike!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• HIS - Ed and JurgenKloppSaviour like this

#16 sam123

sam123

Regular Poster

• HIS Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:35 PM

good results,,are you going to do the top?

#17 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:06 PM

good results,,are you going to do the top?

I might later, but as I said in my first post, the top being 'bald' doesn't really bother me. I just didn't like walking around with a huge scar.

I'm realizing now that it really only looks good the same day and I have to wet shave. After just one day's worth of growth I can already see the scar pretty good.

I'm thinking I may need the third session.

• plugs likes this

#18 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:28 PM

Heres how it looks now after wet shaving. This is maxium 12-18 hrs after wet shaving. To me the scar is still very very visible and a lot more so than i thought it would be after two sessions. I have noticed fading.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Beast likes this

#19 stripscar_superstar

stripscar_superstar

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:20 PM

looks better than mine mate, unsure if the third will help though, thought mine would have to be honest - but wasn't worth the money tbh

#20 larry32

larry32

• HIS Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToledo, OH

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:43 PM

looks better than mine mate, unsure if the third will help though, thought mine would have to be honest - but wasn't worth the money tbh

It has faded some since these pics.

• Beast likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users